News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B5 Daytona on the Bay

Started by Aero426, January 03, 2012, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGIN IT on January 12, 2012, 09:23:33 AM
Guess blue wins over green then ,doesn't it ?   :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:

But honestly if I was going to spend that much, I'd rather have John's green 4 speed over the blue automatic.

Wonder if Ray Evernham bought it... I got a call two weeks ago from his racing shop that Ray was interested in my Daytona, but the interested faded once he understood the original block was long gone.... Would have been cool knowing that NASCAR's Mr. Evernham had bought my Daytona...  :icon_smile_big:

OK... Maybe I should put a Hemi in it............. double-  :D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 12, 2012, 11:37:07 AM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on January 12, 2012, 09:23:33 AM
Guess blue wins over green then ,doesn't it ?   :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:

But honestly if I was going to spend that much, I'd rather have John's green 4 speed over the blue automatic.

Wonder if Ray Evernham bought it... I got a call two weeks ago from his racing shop that Ray was interested in my Daytona, but the interested faded once he understood the original block was long gone.... Would have been cool knowing that NASCAR's Mr. Evernham had bought my Daytona...  :icon_smile_big:

OK... Maybe I should put a Hemi in it............. double-  :D
why not , ones been in there before   :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FJ5WING

Troy just drop in the dog-gone HEMI and be done with it already........What are you waiting for? :nana:

You could keep it a few years and then peeps will line up to buy your HEMI DAYTONA!!!  :poke:
wingless now, but still around.

hemi68charger

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 13, 2012, 01:23:19 PM
Troy just drop in the dog-gone HEMI and be done with it already........What are you waiting for? :nana:

Money
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

mauve66

you can't take it with you

by the way, what did you do with the 6pak you took off??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hemi68charger

Quote from: mauve66 on January 13, 2012, 08:03:47 PM
you can't take it with you

by the way, what did you do with the 6pak you took off??

If you're asking me, the 6pak is still on the 500's motor....
Troy

mauve66

oh, i missed that, thought you had it on the tona at one time
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

FJ5WING

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 13, 2012, 02:41:05 PM
Quote from: FJ5WING on January 13, 2012, 01:23:19 PM

Money

I got ya....I always forget that part! :eek2:
wingless now, but still around.

Toms Daytona

I have to say I am excited to finally see my former car.  I was the second owner of this car, and have a guy start the body work welding some metal on the front fenders.  Unfortunately, he also caught the rubber gasket between the nose and car on fire and started to melt it.  I would like to find out where it is right now, and I'd love to see it again.  I'm going to look for some pictures or it, but I have moved about 6 times since I sold it in 1975.  If I find them, I will post them.