News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NICE SUPERBIRD CLONE ON EBAY . HIT THE RESERVE ALREADY

Started by BigBlockSam, January 13, 2012, 06:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

Hi guys

check this car out . that's kind of a lot of money for this car, isn't it ?  that rear wing looks kinda tall . maybe if it had a 440 in it but it's got a 383 . i figured 28k but it keeps going up . sorry firefox won't let me save any pics but here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&item=120840030926&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#v4-47
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Aero426

Same seller as that red Daytona clone recently.

Wing appears to be a little too far forward.

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on January 13, 2012, 06:52:09 PM
Same seller as that red Daytona clone recently.

Wing appears to be a little too far forward.
that and lots of other issues 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

montana bird

:shruggy:.  The door gaps and fender alignment looks good in the pics. looks like it has a rollbar in it. That would scare me, probaly been down the track allot. Just remember pictures are deceiving unless you look at it in person its a gamble, especially at that price. Also who knows whats under the paint. I have seen body men that I do not know if i should shake there hand for sculpting all the bondo as an artist, or hit them in the chin for being stupid. :rofl:

DAY CLONA

I like how all his ads state he's always selling it for his "friend" ;).......so when the disillusioned buyer reallizes what he really got in the deal (another carved car) :slap:....he can take it up with the "friend".....nice

mauve66

at least they wiped the dirt off the back seat in this one
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

nvrbdn

ok, im no wing car expert. but wouldnt this be a good way for someone to break into the aero world for cheap? of course we dont know what is going on underneath. but i see what you guys quote on pieces to put one of these together from a RR. and we know what a real one costs.whoever gets it could slowly correct anything wrong, but cruise that thing and have fun at the same time. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

held1823

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 14, 2012, 05:02:10 PM
ok, im no wing car expert. but wouldnt this be a good way for someone to break into the aero world for cheap?

how does a clone, no matter how nicely done, equate to "breaking into the aero world" ?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

nvrbdn

i dont know, i see alot of guys with clones invited to lots of events that are for the aero group :shruggy: thought they were included. guess its a tighter bunch than i thought :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

mauve66

i thought they accepted everyone too, or are they like the people from the hamptons when i show up with a fake Gucci watch???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

A383Wing

Quote from: held1823 on January 14, 2012, 05:24:32 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on January 14, 2012, 05:02:10 PM
ok, im no wing car expert. but wouldnt this be a good way for someone to break into the aero world for cheap?

how does a clone, no matter how nicely done, equate to "breaking into the aero world" ?

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 14, 2012, 05:29:31 PM
i dont know, i see alot of guys with clones invited to lots of events that are for the aero group :shruggy: thought they were included. guess its a tighter bunch than i thought :shruggy:

:shruggy:   :popcrn:

BigBlockSam

held1823

there is a bit of difference between owning a clone versus owning an aero car, wouldn't you agree? clones may be invited to an event, but it's a stretch to equate that with buying one's way into a hypothetical "world" with a pretend car.

i've never come across an aero car owner with a sense of entitlement like is implied by the gucci/hamptons reference, but the same cannot be said for a few of the clones. why is that?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

nvrbdn

ok, well lucky for me i dont own either. and if i were lucky enough to own one and was told my pretend car had to park in the alley so the real cars could get their due, id find a more fun bunch to run with. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

BigBlockSam

Quotei've never come across an aero car owner with a sense of entitlement

Really  :slap: what world do you live in

oldcarnut

Quote from: held1823 on January 14, 2012, 06:25:59 PM
there is a bit of difference between owning a clone versus owning an aero car, wouldn't you agree?...

For me owning mine will be about 90K less difference and a personal feeling knowing that I built it instead of just buying it.  I'll complete it to the best of my ability and doesn't matter who will snub it, I only have to please my own tastes and at the end of the day, as long as I'm satisfied with it, I'm happy.  I would have liked to have been fortunate enough to own an original off the lot Birdy or Tona, but I'm not.  I won't pretend or pass it off as a real deal or even expect anyone to accept it as a close clone because it won't be. It's a lot of work to build one only to have it look like everyone else but that's just me; I like different.  I have come into acquaintance with both cloners and real wing car owners here and all have been a positive influence or help for me and the hobby :cheers: and doubt anyone would want to kick me off the car show pavement because I had a "pretend car".  I like them all, although some more than others, either real, fake, pretend, clone, tribute, or whatever one chooses to call theirs.

BigBlockSam

Quotelike them all, although some more than others, either real, fake, pretend, clone, tribute, or whatever one chooses to call theirs.

:yesnod: well said, no haters here. real wing car owners should take it as a compliment when you see a clone . we loved your car so much but couldn't afford one . so we had to build our own.

i remember the first time i seen a superbird ,i was 13 and it took my breath away . i've been chasing one ever since.

when i completed the transformation of my car  into a daytona. me and my wife stood on the porch looking at it . we both had tears in or eye's. it was a long hard road to build my pretend car .

:cheers:

A383Wing

yea...what Rene said...

Bryan (clone owner as well)

held1823

my earlier post asked a simple question, in response to the comment that i quoted in that post. that comment specifically mentioned "buying into the aero car world on the cheap".

buying into this mythical world seems like it might require actually purchasing an aero car, although the implication was the purchase of this clone makes one an aero car owner. i still do not understand that connection. cubic zirconia is not the same thing as a diamond. if it is, why bother putting a diamond on the wife's finger. she should look at a cubic zirconia ring as a "compliment".

my disdain for clones of any make or model is no secret, although there was no clone bashing implied in the earlier question. that my personal opinion is offensive enough to unite the clone camp only bolsters the comment regarding their insistence on entitlement, more so than any aero owner i know. that said, i'm finished throwing gas on the fire. feel free to have the last word, and we can then agree to disagree on the concept.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

A383Wing

BigBlockSam

Quotemy earlier post asked a simple question, in response to the comment that i quoted in that post. that comment specifically mentioned "buying into the aero car world on the cheap".

buying into this mythical world seems like it might require actually purchasing an aero car, although the implication was the purchase of this clone makes one an aero car owner. i still do not understand that connection. cubic zirconia is not the same thing as a diamond. if it is, why bother putting a diamond on the wife's finger. she should look at a cubic zirconia ring as a "compliment".

my disdain for clones of any make or model is no secret, although there was no clone bashing implied in the earlier question. that my personal opinion is offensive enough to unite the clone camp only bolsters the comment regarding their insistence on entitlement, more so than any aero owner i know. that said, i'm finished throwing gas on the fire. feel free to have the last word, and we can then agree to disagree on the concept.

:lol: :lol: :smilielol: 

entitlement ............look in the mirror............. :lol:   HATER!

FJ5WING

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 14, 2012, 08:27:02 PM
Quotei've never come across an aero car owner with a sense of entitlement

Really  :slap: what world do you live in

what does that mean?  :ahum:
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

Quote from: oldcarnut on January 14, 2012, 09:44:47 PM
Quote from: held1823 on January 14, 2012, 06:25:59 PM
there is a bit of difference between owning a clone versus owning an aero car, wouldn't you agree?...

For me owning mine will be about 90K less difference and a personal feeling knowing that I built it instead of just buying it.  I'll complete it to the best of my ability and doesn't matter who will snub it, I only have to please my own tastes and at the end of the day, as long as I'm satisfied with it, I'm happy.  I would have liked to have been fortunate enough to own an original off the lot Birdy or Tona, but I'm not.  I won't pretend or pass it off as a real deal or even expect anyone to accept it as a close clone because it won't be. It's a lot of work to build one only to have it look like everyone else but that's just me; I like different.  I have come into acquaintance with both cloners and real wing car owners here and all have been a positive influence or help for me and the hobby :cheers: and doubt anyone would want to kick me off the car show pavement because I had a "pretend car".  I like them all, although some more than others, either real, fake, pretend, clone, tribute, or whatever one chooses to call theirs.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE