News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NICE SUPERBIRD CLONE ON EBAY . HIT THE RESERVE ALREADY

Started by BigBlockSam, January 13, 2012, 06:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 14, 2012, 10:10:02 PM
Quotelike them all, although some more than others, either real, fake, pretend, clone, tribute, or whatever one chooses to call theirs.

:yesnod: well said, no haters here. real wing car owners should take it as a compliment when you see a clone . we loved your car so much but couldn't afford one . so we had to build our own.

i remember the first time i seen a superbird ,i was 13 and it took my breath away . i've been chasing one ever since.

when i completed the transformation of my car  into a daytona. me and my wife stood on the porch looking at it . we both had tears in or eye's. it was a long hard road to build my pretend car .

:cheers:
:cheers: :cheers:  awesome brother   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

Quote from: held1823 on January 15, 2012, 12:00:31 AM
my earlier post asked a simple question, in response to the comment that i quoted in that post. that comment specifically mentioned "buying into the aero car world on the cheap".
buying into this mythical world seems like it might require actually purchasing an aero car, although the implication was the purchase of this clone makes one an aero car owner. i still do not understand that connection..
my disdain for clones of any make or model is no secret,  that my personal opinion is offensive enough to unite the clone camp only bolsters the comment regarding their insistence on entitlement, more so than any aero owner i know.

"buying ones self in to the aero world".........i only know 2 ways to get in and i dont see too many people giving these cars away. so how else do you get in? there are mopar clubs where the wings belong, and there are wing clubs,which only wing cars belong. ala "aero world". sorry if i labeled it improperly. the car in question is a (dare i say it) "CLONE". but to some who want to drive a winged warrior and cant afford huge money,a great alternative. ala "cheap buy in" compared to an original.i just made an error in thinking that these guys that have the clones were excepted by the real wing owners into the group. heck, i even seen them park together at monster mopar.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

I find that the mopar community and the wing car owners are very accepting of my car and treat me no different than any other aero car owner .
That being said there are always a few who dont .   I offer no appologies its my car , my dream , I build it the way I wanted  it . Sure i would love to have a real wing , but that never came to pass . I'm sure i will have a real wing one day but I will always love the birdible just as much .  To much fun and great memoires in it already and many more to come .   :Twocents:      

maxwellwedge

I have never had any issues with someone wanting to celebrate the existence of an Aero. No one on this board has had a problem with each other - clone or factory Aero car-wise  - Well - except for my car and beer hungry estranged adopted son out of Missouri.   :lol:

nvrbdn

Quote from: moparstuart on January 15, 2012, 09:34:14 AM
I find that the mopar community and the wing car owners are very accepting of my car and treat me no different than any other aero car owner .
That being said there are always a few who dont .   I offer no appologies its my car , my dream , I build it the way I wanted  it . Sure i would love to have a real wing , but that never came to pass . I'm sure i will have a real wing one day but I will always love the birdible just as much .  To much fun and great memoires in it already and many more to come .   :Twocents:      

:2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 15, 2012, 09:36:44 AM
I have never had any issues with someone wanting to celebrate the existence of an Aero. No one on this board has had a problem with each other - clone or factory Aero car-wise  - Well - except for my car and beer hungry estranged adopted son out of Missouri.   :lol:
see i knew i was going  to get a real wing , just waiting for dear old dad to kick off    :nana: :nana: :nana:

nvrbdn

just dont forget his birthday each year stu. keep in those good graces :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

FJ5WING

Ive never seen a clone car in person, I really dont know how many there are but it seems like less because of the WWW.

I have always been asked if my car was "real" which I always thought to be funny since I started hearing it around 1986. I never heard of a clone back then.  :shruggy:
wingless now, but still around.

BigBlockSam

QuoteI find that the mopar community and the wing car owners are very accepting of my car and treat me no different than any other aero car owner .
That being said there are always a few who dont .   I offer no appologies its my car , my dream , I build it the way I wanted  it . Sure i would love to have a real wing , but that never came to pass . I'm sure i will have a real wing one day but I will always love the birdible just as much .  To much fun and great memoires in it already and many more to come .   Twocents   

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :yesnod:

also , i've met a lot of great people that are wing car owners . made some great friends and have been having a lots of fun . many people went out of there way to explain how some things worked on wing cars . like the lights . i was so confused on mounting my nose and getting the lights operating.

that to me is what it's all about loving these cars and great people . i hate no car.
  :icon_smile_big: :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

DAY CLONA

Quote from: held1823 on January 14, 2012, 06:25:59 PM
there is a bit of difference between owning a clone versus owning an aero car,

There is?......I thought they were all the same,...just machines

maxwellwedge

If they were all "just machines" they would all be worth nothing. No emotional attachment.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 15, 2012, 07:59:59 PM
If they were all "just machines" they would all be worth nothing. No emotional attachment.

emotional attachment causes a misplaced bearing on value when a seller unconsciously/consciously adds sentiment into a sale price, or worth.

maxwellwedge

Yeah - OK - Sure thing Skippy.

OK everyone - You can go home now - There is no hobby - we don't love our cars - nothing to see here - move along.

nvrbdn

damn, now the wife wont be able to complain at me for sittin on the lap top while watchin T.V. :smilielol: oh well ill hang and see if anyone else stays.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

FJ5WING

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 15, 2012, 05:33:46 PM
Quote from: held1823 on January 14, 2012, 06:25:59 PM
there is a bit of difference between owning a clone versus owning an aero car,

There is?......I thought they were all the same,...just machines

way off on that one!!!! :oye:

why are HEMI cars worth more than a slanty then? AllJUST machine right!  :nana:
wingless now, but still around.

Aero426

QuoteJust machines...

You can buy a VERY nice Ferrari Testarossa recreation with an authentic style aluminum body, and a Ferrari V12 for $325,000.      

This one below sold for Sixteen Million.    There must be a reason.

pettybird

we do, however, treat you differently because you ride the short bus  :lol:

pettybird

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 15, 2012, 09:27:08 AM
"buying ones self in to the aero world".........i only know 2 ways to get in and i dont see too many people giving these cars away.

If I had no aero cars, I'd rather have a Spoiler II, a Talladega, or a C500 instead of a clone, and all are pretty reasonable. 

Mind you, the above statement is just a tad hypocritical  :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 16, 2012, 10:35:04 AM

yup we ride it together   

Aero426

Quote from: moparstuart on January 16, 2012, 11:36:33 AM

yup we ride it together   

Hot Pink and green... a winning combination.   :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on January 16, 2012, 11:46:00 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 16, 2012, 11:36:33 AM

yup we ride it together   

Hot Pink and green... a winning combination.   :smilielol:
I love him and I dont care who knows it    :yesnod: :nana:

djcarguy

Quote from: held1823 on January 15, 2012, 12:00:31 AM
my earlier post asked a simple question, in response to the comment that i quoted in that post. that comment specifically mentioned "buying into the aero car world on the cheap".

buying into this mythical world seems like it might require actually purchasing an aero car, although the implication was the purchase of this clone makes one an aero car owner. i still do not understand that connection. cubic zirconia is not the same thing as a diamond. if it is, why bother putting a diamond on the wife's finger. she should look at a cubic zirconia ring as a "compliment".
================++++++++++++++++DISDAIN FOR CLONES OF ANY MAKE OR MODEL +++++++-----------    my disdain for clones of any make or model is no secret, although there was no clone bashing implied in the earlier question. that my personal opinion is offensive enough to unite the clone camp only bolsters the comment regarding their insistence on entitlement, more so than any aero owner i know. that said, i'm finished throwing gas on the fire. feel free to have the last word, and we can then agree to disagree on the concept.
LOTS HATE AND STRESS OVER A FEW WORDS,,DONT YOU THINK?WHAT IF SOME ONE TOOK A REAL DAYTONA ?AND MADE A HALF BREED CLONE OF A REAL CHARGER? DAYTONA ASS, AND VIN WITH CHARGER NOSE?

rainbow4jd

Wing Car collectors can be real pissers at times when it comes to impressing people with the originality, uniqueness, and enviability of THEIR car....

"Mine still has the original air in the tires"

"I have the original paperwork from when the assembly line tech went to the bathroom"

"That sealed jar on the back decklid has the original exhaust fumes from when it first started"

"My car has minus 2,700 original miles, because I drove it backwards from the day I got it"

"I've got a correctly date coded traffic ticket for parking too close to a fire hydrant because the nose overhung the parking space line."

"I have a photo of Richard Petty looking at a magazine which references a Burger Hut in Flatrock, Michigan where the lead designer for the Superbird once stopped to use the men's room AND I have a receipt for a hamburger from that same restaurant dated November 1969."

"The actual build date for my car was in reality 10,000 B.C. because the Star Trek Episode about Time Travel was broadcast on the day my car was supposed to be built, but because of the time travel effect it caused by car to be built about 10,000 years earlier.   And you can see I have a TV guide from 1969 to prove it."

"My build sheet was actually rolled up and used to roll joints with in 1970, but I managed to rescue the ashes and I've spent 40 years piecing it back together one ash piece at a time."

PS I didn't make those up.... they are all things that are true about my car.

moparstuart

Quote from: rainbow4jd on January 16, 2012, 01:32:12 PM
Wing Car collectors can be real pissers at times when it comes to impressing people with the originality, uniqueness, and enviability of THEIR car....

"Mine still has the original air in the tires"

"I have the original paperwork from when the assembly line tech went to the bathroom"

"That sealed jar on the back decklid has the original exhaust fumes from when it first started"

"My car has minus 2,700 original miles, because I drove it backwards from the day I got it"

"I've got a correctly date coded traffic ticket for parking too close to a fire hydrant because the nose overhung the parking space line."

"I have a photo of Richard Petty looking at a magazine which references a Burger Hut in Flatrock, Michigan where the lead designer for the Superbird once stopped to use the men's room AND I have a receipt for a hamburger from that same restaurant dated November 1969."

"The actual build date for my car was in reality 10,000 B.C. because the Star Trek Episode about Time Travel was broadcast on the day my car was supposed to be built, but because of the time travel effect it caused by car to be built about 10,000 years earlier.   And you can see I have a TV guide from 1969 to prove it."

"My build sheet was actually rolled up and used to roll joints with in 1970, but I managed to rescue the ashes and I've spent 40 years piecing it back together one ash piece at a time."

PS I didn't make those up.... they are all things that are true about my car.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pettybird