News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can a Charger wagon really be built?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, January 14, 2012, 01:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

This pic  got me thinking about taking a Coronet wagon and swapping over a clean Charger front clip... Can it be done?  :shruggy:

Has it been done?  :scratchchin:

I believe this pic may be a chop  :popcrn:

ODZKing

squeakfinder

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 14, 2012, 01:51:28 PM
This pic  got me thinking about taking a Coronet wagon and swapping over a clean Charger front clip... Can it be done?  :shruggy:

Has it been done?  :scratchchin:

I believe this pic may be a chop  :popcrn:

Yeah, it's a photoshop. I think the firewall is the same. The doors would take some work.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Rolling_Thunder

can be done - the front sheet metal should just bolt on - but the doors...     if you want the charger body lines on them will take a great deal of work.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Here's a side view to see the doors on the Coronet:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 14, 2012, 02:31:25 PM
can be done - the front sheet metal should just bolt on - but the doors...     if you want the charger body lines on them will take a great deal of work.
But if I kept Coronet doors, it might work?  :shruggy:

nvrbdn

im thinking taking the coronet wagon, putting the charger fenders and hood, grill etc on cut out the quarters and weld in the charger quarters. not sure what to do with the tail lights, being a 68, you could put one light in the fender and one light in the tail gate :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Vainglory, Esq.

Definitely a photoshop.  I know because of the pixels, and I've seen a few 'shops in my day...

nvrbdn

yep, this pic came out before and had the real pic shown also. think it was on DC.COM about a year or so ago.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

The70RT

Just make it a SuperBee or An R/T. I would leave that one like it is if that's yours. An R/T woody would be cool though.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: The70RT on January 14, 2012, 05:12:24 PM
Just make it a SuperBee or An R/T. I would leave that one like it is if that's yours. An R/T woody would be cool though.

Don't have a wagon yet, looking for car ideas to tick off my wife  :smilielol:

squeakfinder

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 14, 2012, 05:35:54 PM

Don't have a wagon yet, looking for car ideas to tick off my wife  :smilielol:

Plenty of us have experience at that.  :popcrn:

squeakfinder

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 14, 2012, 02:39:13 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 14, 2012, 02:31:25 PM
can be done - the front sheet metal should just bolt on - but the doors...     if you want the charger body lines on them will take a great deal of work.
But if I kept Coronet doors, it might work?  :shruggy:

You might have to modify the fender to make it look wright with the wagon door. There is the "crease" that runs most of the length of a second gen Charger that doest run the length of the Coronet. Not to mention the contour of the side of the wagon is flatter than the Charger?  :shruggy:

Back N Black

I like it! Would it be easier to use a charger and graft the roof from a cornet wagon?

nvrbdn

if you start with the charger, how hard would the tailgat thing be? with the tailgate there i would think you would just (yea right just :smilielol:) add the metal to make the charger rear with trunk lip.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1974dodgecharger

tippytoe

:2thumbs: I agree 100% !

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

:o 70 Coronet front ends are probably my least favorite cars of all time, mabye a 69 would work...

The70RT

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 15, 2012, 04:22:52 PM
:o 70 Coronet front ends are probably my least favorite cars of all time, mabye a 69 would work...

To each their own, I think the 70 had the best fronts on all B-bodys

tippytoe

The 70 Coronet front ends are a "love it" or "hate it" type of thing. I love them, but I know ALOT of people who don't. I was just agreeing with an earlier post that suggested converting a wagon to a Bee or R/T. Personally, I believe someone with the metal skills could build a Charger wagon (from a Coronet wagon), but there is gonna be alot of metal work (body lines, door scallops, quarter panel shape, etc.). My only question is why would you want to turn the supreme muscle car of all time into a family griswald-mobile ? Its kinda like forcing your hot supermodel girlfriend to gain 200 pounds. It kills the the awsome image it once had. Just my opinion.

nvrbdn

i think it was more of changing a coronet wagon into a charger wagon :yesnod: then i reread and thats what you said :smilielol:oh well, pass this post by.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

The70RT

Quote from: tippytoe on January 15, 2012, 09:33:14 PM
The 70 Coronet front ends are a "love it" or "hate it" type of thing. I love them, but I know ALOT of people who don't. I was just agreeing with an earlier post that suggested converting a wagon to a Bee or R/T. Personally, I believe someone with the metal skills could build a Charger wagon (from a Coronet wagon), but there is gonna be alot of metal work (body lines, door scallops, quarter panel shape, etc.). My only question is why would you want to turn the supreme muscle car of all time into a family griswald-mobile ? Its kinda like forcing your hot supermodel girlfriend to gain 200 pounds. It kills the the awsome image it once had. Just my opinion.

EXACTLY

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 15, 2012, 09:47:21 PM
i think it was more of changing a coronet wagon into a charger wagon :yesnod: then i reread and thats what you said :smilielol:oh well, pass this post by.
Yeah, change Coronet to Charger wagon  :cheers:

six-tee-nine

Forget about the Charger doors. By looking at the Coronet wagon I think it is based on a 4 door coronet. Wich means that the Charger doors will be too long since they are from a 2 door body car. Plus they are frameless around the windows.
It can be done (i've seen more difficult things) but you'll need to shorten the doors then you need to find a way to let the quarte panel lines flow over to the rear doors and so on and so on.....
The front clip will be the least of the troubles you come across.

If you are skilled with metal and you seek a challenge then go for it but imo you need to know that you can just do it if you want it....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

nvrbdn

why not change the front end, skin the front doors ?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House