News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can a Charger wagon really be built?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, January 14, 2012, 01:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Yes it can be build, question is why?   :D

If you want a challenge, try building a working, running charger on a 1:2 scale.  If you cut the center of the roof out you can drive it around shows and swap meets!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Back N Black on January 14, 2012, 06:22:05 PM
I like it! Would it be easier to use a charger and graft the roof from a cornet wagon?
i don't think so, since the doors are different lengths. easiest would be to change the front sheet metal on a coronet wagon.

djcarguy

Baldwinvette77

Welp.. its been 5 years, that should have been plenty of time for someone to stick a charger nose on a coronet, so who did it?  :popcrn:

BDF

Check out "Not the Average Family Wagon" on Pinterest...
I'd link it but can't, you know?

BDF

There is a red "Daytona" wagon down a ways.

djcarguy

Maybee look at      Cool Wagon   aero few charger ideas..

or search,,,     musclecar wagons   

Sunroof Superbird was the owner an posted pixs of his challenger RT wagon ,An his superbee wagon,an his aspin Sport coupe 2 dr wagon.the guy sure was not afraid of being out side the box. Miss his custom cars an 4x4
's projects an plans.    :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on February 24, 2017, 08:39:55 PM
Welp.. its been 5 years, that should have been plenty of time for someone to stick a charger nose on a coronet, so who did it?  :popcrn:

Not me.....  But still finding ways to dream about cars  :2thumbs:

Alaskan_TA

Check out the thread with the '70 sedan at http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,124991.25.html

If you could find one like that wrecked with intact doors for parts somewhere........

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Dino on January 16, 2012, 03:30:04 PM

If you want a challenge, try building a working, running charger on a 1:2 scale.  If you cut the center of the roof out you can drive it around shows and swap meets!

X2  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Stevearino

This is not a bad Photo chop of the idea.

brad mcintyre

JR

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Bobs69

Why?  Why the hell would anyone want to build that?

JR

Quote from: Bobs69 on March 09, 2017, 07:28:03 PM
Why?  Why the hell would anyone want to build that?

Well, it's technically a Charger wagon, which means technically it is an answer to the question.

And we all know, technically correct is the best kind of correct. :icon_smile_big:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

ht4spd307

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 14, 2012, 05:35:54 PM
Quote from: The70RT on January 14, 2012, 05:12:24 PM
Just make it a SuperBee or An R/T. I would leave that one like it is if that's yours. An R/T woody would be cool though.

Don't have a wagon yet, looking for car ideas to tick off my wife  :smilielol:
why not build it for your wife win :pity: win

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Good to see this ol thread still has legs.

I ended up buying my wife a wagon of sorts... A Porsche Cayenne...

djcarguy

Bobs69

Quote from: Dino on January 16, 2012, 03:30:04 PM

There ya go!  That's an awesome idea.  Do not go building some abortion that insults the designers and artist.  Not to mention makes the rest of us heave. 

chargervert

Anything can be built, I built a convertible Charger. I think the only way to pull off doing a Charger wagon, would be to build a two door sedan delivery type wagon.  If I were to build one,I would use a pair of 66/67 two door sedan doors, because the upper window frame, and door glass would jibe with the wagon roof line,and put second generation Charger door skins on them. Then I would move the door post back to the two door location. Charger door jambs would need to be grafted into the lower section of the door jamb to receive the quarter skins.Then I would use Charger quarter skins to finish off the sides of the car. I would probably do the rear panel like the photo,but only the window would open. It would need a Charger rallye dash, and Charger interior throughout the car.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Holy thread revival  :o

In other news, I bought another Porsche Cayenne (wagon) SUV last month, giving the kid the previous one. Both, saved me from thinking about making a Charger wagon any further :2thumbs:

Bobs69

Why insult the artist and designers by bastardizing the car.

If you want a challenge, why not take an old dart and chop panels to make a scaled down version of a charger.

djcarguy

Quote from: chargervert on October 02, 2019, 01:03:47 PM
Anything can be built, I built a convertible Charger. I think the only way to pull off doing a Charger wagon, would be to build a two door sedan delivery type wagon.  If I were to build one,I would use a pair of 66/67 two door sedan doors, because the upper window frame, and door glass would jibe with the wagon roof line,and put second generation Charger door skins on them. Then I would move the door post back to the two door location. Charger door jambs would need to be grafted into the lower section of the door jamb to receive the quarter skins.Then I would use Charger quarter skins to finish off the sides of the car. I would probably do the rear panel like the photo,but only the window would open. It would need a Charger rallye dash, and Charger interior throughout the car.

Bronzedodge

Many years back there was a guy who took a Satellite and made a 2dr Road Runner wagon.  It was cool, but also a lot of work, moving the B pillar and what not.  I believe he laid up fibreglass for the custom interior panels.  He parked next to me when I had my 71 fury Wagon at Carlisle years ago.

Mopar forever!

Nacho-RT74

this gives you an answer

( just realized was already posted: )

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on February 26, 2017, 12:42:47 PM
Check out the thread with the '70 sedan at http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,124991.25.html

If you could find one like that wrecked with intact doors for parts somewhere........
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html