News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best way to install 70 bumper and grille

Started by TXcharger70, January 14, 2012, 08:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXcharger70

Whats the best way to install the bumper and grille? Can you install the bumper and grille as one piece or do have to install the bumper/assembly first and then the grille. Have all together but now started to question if I would be able to reach the brackets on each side of the grill that mount to the fender with it installed

nvrbdn

i put my bumper on first. then installed the grill.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TXcharger70

Thanks I managed to get it all put on today

nvrbdn

great. good to see another 70 come to life :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

projectanimal

So how did you do it??  I am in the process of repairing/restoring the Grill on our 70 and hope by next month we'll have it back on the car!   :cheers: :2thumbs:

Did you guys have any broken fins or plastic to fix??  any suggestions?

Cheers
Matt
northwest CT

nvrbdn

my grill was great shape. just put the new plastic washers in. i installed my bumper on the car. then the grill.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

projectanimal

Nice!  do you have pictures from when you installed it?  :2thumbs: :popcrn: to me it appears the grill has to go in first and then the bumper? :scratchchin:
northwest CT

TXcharger70

Mine had a few broken pieces and I used fiber glass and plastifix to repair mine. I installed the bumper/assembly first At the same time positioning the fender brackets in place as I was putting the bumper Assembly  then bolting the bumper and bracket to the fender. You will not be able to reach them once installed. Then the grille with the headlight doors attached. You will need to remove the turn signals to access a bolt or two for the grille. Just take your time and be extra carfull with the grille treat it like your baby the last thing you want for it to crack on you while your installing it. Hope it makes sense