News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

removing chrome top pieces SE 74

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 16, 2012, 10:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Would removing the top chrome piece on the brougham models would make the roof weaker? IM trying to figure out if I can remove the 'half top' vinyl and then make it 'naked'.

TK73

No problem taking it off...  You'll end up with little "T" pieces that the trim attaches to and maybe some holes.  Cut off the pieces and fill the holes...

Personally I like the half vinyl on the SE's, doesn't look "right" without 'em...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

1974dodgecharger

thxTK I was scared to try to take it off and see that I have to do some grinding to smooth it out......

TK73

Be sure to save that trim in good shape, somebody here may need 'em later...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

FLG

They pop right off, be aware your going to break the plastic pieces that hold them on...they make em new so no worries but chances are if you remove it and you want it back, youll need new plastic pieces.

Also you will have the little nubs from the trim there, will look funny unless you grind them off and than of course youll need to respray/do bodywork