News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

where is the christine charger

Started by earnie, January 15, 2012, 12:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earnie

does anyone have info as to what happened to the charger used in the movie christine
and have any pics of her thanks

irish_in_ny

Wasn't that a 58-59 Plymouth Fury or am I mistaken?

buckeyecharger

I'm with you earnie. That was one nice 68! That would be cool to know. Christine was just on tv again.

nvrbdn

Quote from: irish_in_ny on January 15, 2012, 12:20:52 AM

yep there was a fury, but the guys buddy that took him to see the fury drove a charger :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

earnie

yes i am talking about the blue charger that arnies freind dennis drove

irish_in_ny

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 15, 2012, 12:27:26 AM

yep there was a fury, but the guys buddy that took him to see the fury drove a charger :2thumbs:

Thanks for clearing that up man  :cheers:

kab69440

Quote from: buckeyecharger on January 15, 2012, 12:23:13 AM
I'm with you earnie. That was one nice 68! That would be cool to know. Christine was just on tv again.

On the pre-historic VHS version, when Arnie first sees Christine, when Dennis backs up you catch a quick glimpse of '69 tail light and sidemarker. That second of footage is missing from my DVD version.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Fred

I've got it............... on my DVD!  :nana:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: irish_in_ny on January 15, 2012, 02:27:19 AM

I thought everyone knew that  :brickwall: :RantExplode: :slap:

70charginglizard

Crazy Larry

Re: christine

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2006, 04:10:25 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I know what happened to the Charger from "Christine" and I am not making this up.

It was the summer of 2002, and we were In the middle of filming a movie, with a 68 Charger as the main car. We had a mishap. The temp stunt driver lost control of the Charger during a scene on a gravel parking lot and the Charger slammed nose first into a Ford Taurus stunt car that was not being driven at the time. Well, to make a long story short, the Charger's front right fender buckled outwards on impact and looked like black crumpled up tin foil. The movie was delayed for 2 weeks as we set out to find a new front right fender for the Charger.

After half a week of searching I came across an all-Mopar auto and salvage yard 3 hours north of Toronto called "National Moparts". Since we were filming in Rochester, NY - that was only 5 hours away - I was definitly within driving distance. In just so happened that they were working on Jim Caviezel's 68 Barracuda from the movie "Highwaymen". They were all out of Barracuda parts, but they had 2 Charger fenders - all original steel from the South (rust free). I purchased one on the phone and went to pick it up.

As I arrived at National Moparts, I turned in to what was a Mopar Oasis out in the middle of nowhere - not only was there rusted out/part car/waiting for resto mopars as far as you could see, but they also had a line of fantasic Mopars being fully restored in their small but professional complex of garages. You see, they have a sister all-mopar yard down south (Georgia I think) and they get a tractor trailer full of new bodies and parts a few times a year.

Well, as we were walking over to the fenders, the main guy behind the phone (I think his name was "Mike"), pointed out a burned 1958 Plymouth Fury. He told me it was one of the original cars used in the movie "Christine" and it was also one of the cherry show cars they used for the close-ups in the film. In more detail he also explained what happened. He said that after the production was over, a collector with ties to the production company purchased that '58 Fury and the '68 Dodge Charger used in the film. After a few years of owning them, the owner and his wife had a serious falling out - of which the wife left him and demanded a divorce. Later, the man, in a drunken rage, set fire to his house so the estranged wife wouldn't get anything - the entire house burned, along with the show cars in the garage (including the '68 Charger and '58 Fury from the movie). The man ended up dying in the fire as well. So, the burned carcas of the 58 Fury found its way up to National Moparts were it stayed for a number of years until the muscle car boom.

I was all set and the editor of "Mopar Action" was ready to give me a green light to write an article on the burned Fury and the National Moparts, but when I called there last month, I was informed that the burned Fury was sold to a Canadian collector for $2,000 Canadian dollars and then re-sold for bigger money to a resto shop/collector in the US somewhere. Without the Fury in place, the editor scrapped the article.

So, the '68 Charger from the movie is now probably a charred body sitting out in a field somewhere.
oh, and we were able to get the fender back to Rochester, repainted, and installed in 2 weeks - the movie production was fired back up and we finished the chase scene. The title of the film is "And I Lived"
70charginglizard

nvrbdn

wow cool story. thanks for finding that. :2thumbs: now i gotta check for this movie.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

mpdlawdog

I bet Christine made him burn his house down..he was probably found in her drivers seat listening to the oldies.....man that car was cursed!! :o
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

irish_in_ny

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 15, 2012, 11:55:26 AM
Quote from: irish_in_ny on January 15, 2012, 02:27:19 AM

I thought everyone knew that  :brickwall: :RantExplode: :slap:

No, I had never heard about it before at all. Sorry? :shruggy:

covet66

Very cool, I will have to ask Nigel about that when I am there next...

kab69440

Quote from: Fred on January 15, 2012, 02:38:03 AM

Can you cap that and post it?  Nobody believes me when I say the car is a 69 with a 68 front cap.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

tachyon

I'll have to watch it again, been more than 10 years and I remember it as a 71 blue metallic with black top!

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bill440rt

Quote from: kab69440 on January 15, 2012, 02:30:07 AM

On the pre-historic VHS version, when Arnie first sees Christine, when Dennis backs up you catch a quick glimpse of '69 tail light and sidemarker. That second of footage is missing from my DVD version.

I've got it on both VHS & DVD, and I don't ever remember seeing '69 tail lights. I must've seen the movie a hundred times. Got to make it 101 now!  :icon_smile_big:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Budnicks

yep a nice 68 dark blue, with a black vinyl roof & interior {non R/T}
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Dennis Gilder's Charger was a 1968 Charger, for sure.  :Twocents:

It is plausible that others might have been used, but the 68 is given credit as his "official car" by the Danbury Mint, who replicated the car, and by the Christine Car Cub  :yesnod:

http://www.danburymint.com/DieCast/prod/B45/1968-Dodge-Charger-from--Christine-_0055-0020.aspx

:thumbup:

Cooter

No, the 1958 Plymouth used in "Christine" wasn't really a "Fury" as they were only offerd in Buckskin Beige, and NOT red and white. Notice there were NO emblems on the car. (Ie: Belvedere/Fury)..

So, the car in the movie resembles a Belvedere more than the "Fury", but then again, it wouldn't have sounded the same  saying "Her unending Belvedere?" no, Fury sounds more menacing.

As for the Charger, it was a 1968, 318 car.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

68 Bullitt Charger

Hi guys, As the Admin of the ChristineCarClub" as well as the owner of a "Christine" 58 Ply being built with original documented Movie Parts including the L350 BB used in the "Show Me Scene" I have some info on the cars. The 58 was never a Fury, however 23 58's were purchased and used for the filming. The original "Christine" coming down the assembly line in the begining of the movie was sold to a private collector overseas in 2004 at Barrett-Jackson for $170K plus percentages. The next survivor is owned by Martin Sanchez of California who bought it in 1984 directly after the filming ended. The next survivor"Ram Car" belongs to a man in Santa Maria, Calif. There is a possible another survivor however the documentation is shady, no real proof other than word of mouth. The rest were destroyed.

The Charger was a 68, 318, Flowmaster Mufflers, Auto in the console, power windows and was privately owned and only used for that Movie and returned to the owner after being repaired due to door damage.    
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

Fred

Quote from: kab69440 on January 15, 2012, 06:18:50 PM
Quote from: Fred on January 15, 2012, 02:38:03 AM

Can you cap that and post it?  Nobody believes me when I say the car is a 69 with a 68 front cap.

Sorry Mate.......... I was answering the  "where is the christine charger" question. Just being funny. What you're referring to isn't on my DVD either.  :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

Quote from: 68 Bullitt Charger on January 15, 2012, 08:33:31 PM
Hi guys, As the Admin of the ChristineCarClub" as well as the owner of a "Christine" 58 Ply being built with original documented Movie Parts including the L350 BB used in the "Show Me Scene" I have some info on the cars. The 58 was never a Fury, however 23 58's were purchased and used for the filming. The original "Christine" coming down the assembly line in the begining of the movie was sold to a private collector overseas in 2004 at Barrett-Jackson for $170K plus percentages. The next survivor is owned by Martin Sanchez of California who bought it in 1984 directly after the filming ended. The next survivor"Ram Car" belongs to a man in Santa Maria, Calif. There is a possible another survivor however the documentation is shady, no real proof other than word of mouth. The rest were destroyed.

The Charger was a 68, 318, Flowmaster Mufflers, Auto in the console, power windows and was privately owned and only used for that Movie and returned to the owner after being repaired due to door damage.    

so is there an answer to the 69 tail light statement?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: 70charginglizard on January 15, 2012, 01:42:03 PM
Crazy Larry

Re: christine

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2006, 04:10:25 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I know what happened to the Charger from "Christine" and I am not making this up.

It was the summer of 2002, and we were In the middle of filming a movie, with a 68 Charger as the main car. We had a mishap. The temp stunt driver lost control of the Charger during a scene on a gravel parking lot and the Charger slammed nose first into a Ford Taurus stunt car that was not being driven at the time. Well, to make a long story short, the Charger's front right fender buckled outwards on impact and looked like black crumpled up tin foil. The movie was delayed for 2 weeks as we set out to find a new front right fender for the Charger.

After half a week of searching I came across an all-Mopar auto and salvage yard 3 hours north of Toronto called "National Moparts". Since we were filming in Rochester, NY - that was only 5 hours away - I was definitly within driving distance. In just so happened that they were working on Jim Caviezel's 68 Barracuda from the movie "Highwaymen". They were all out of Barracuda parts, but they had 2 Charger fenders - all original steel from the South (rust free). I purchased one on the phone and went to pick it up.

As I arrived at National Moparts, I turned in to what was a Mopar Oasis out in the middle of nowhere - not only was there rusted out/part car/waiting for resto mopars as far as you could see, but they also had a line of fantasic Mopars being fully restored in their small but professional complex of garages. You see, they have a sister all-mopar yard down south (Georgia I think) and they get a tractor trailer full of new bodies and parts a few times a year.

Well, as we were walking over to the fenders, the main guy behind the phone (I think his name was "Mike"), pointed out a burned 1958 Plymouth Fury. He told me it was one of the original cars used in the movie "Christine" and it was also one of the cherry show cars they used for the close-ups in the film. In more detail he also explained what happened. He said that after the production was over, a collector with ties to the production company purchased that '58 Fury and the '68 Dodge Charger used in the film. After a few years of owning them, the owner and his wife had a serious falling out - of which the wife left him and demanded a divorce. Later, the man, in a drunken rage, set fire to his house so the estranged wife wouldn't get anything - the entire house burned, along with the show cars in the garage (including the '68 Charger and '58 Fury from the movie). The man ended up dying in the fire as well. So, the burned carcas of the 58 Fury found its way up to National Moparts were it stayed for a number of years until the muscle car boom.

I was all set and the editor of "Mopar Action" was ready to give me a green light to write an article on the burned Fury and the National Moparts, but when I called there last month, I was informed that the burned Fury was sold to a Canadian collector for $2,000 Canadian dollars and then re-sold for bigger money to a resto shop/collector in the US somewhere. Without the Fury in place, the editor scrapped the article.

So, the '68 Charger from the movie is now probably a charred body sitting out in a field somewhere.
oh, and we were able to get the fender back to Rochester, repainted, and installed in 2 weeks - the movie production was fired back up and we finished the chase scene. The title of the film is "And I Lived"

You know that's so interesting, some years back when I first  heard about that movie (And I lived) I tried for ages to get hold of a copy. Saw an ad for it in one of the muscle car mags and there was even a video clip available. I tried to order it but never got a response. I finally gave up.  I thought it was made all those years ago? So what's the story, is it available on DVD now? I'm very interested and would appreciate any info you can give me.
Thanks, Fred

darkside

flowmasters in 1983?

bill440rt

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 15, 2012, 07:22:43 PM
Dennis Gilder's Charger was a 1968 Charger, for sure.  :Twocents:

It is plausible that others might have been used, but the 68 is given credit as his "official car" by the Danbury Mint, who replicated the car, and by the Christine Car Cub  :yesnod:

:2thumbs:

AFAIR, according to the actual "story" the original owner (aka the "a$$hole brother") special ordered the car (Fury) in red. This is stated in the book as well.
Also, did you know in the book Dennis Gilder actually drives a Duster??  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Budnicks

Quote from: darkside on January 15, 2012, 08:47:13 PM

flowmasters in 1983?
1983 Flowmaster's ?, from Santa Rosa Calif. originally have been around, even before that, If I remember correctly, the originator of Flowmaster mufflers was a regular at Sears Point & Sacramento Raceways, I used them on almost every road car I've owned since the late 70's to early 80's, or 80-81 at least... My memory is kind of bad, I can't for the life of me, remember the guys name off hand...

68 Bullitt Charger

[/quote]
flowmasters in 1983?
[/quote]1983 Flowmaster's ?, from Santa Rosa Calif. originally have been around, even before that, If I remember correctly, the originator of Flowmaster mufflers was a regular at Sears Point & Sacramento Raceways, I used them on almost every road car I've owned since the late 70's to early 80's, or 80-81 at least... My memory is kind of bad, I can't for the life of me, remember the guys name off hand...
[/quote]

Thats correct, Flowmasters. They have been around since the 70's from what I understand. The Movie is very different than the book in certain ways. The car was a 68 in the Movie.
58 Ply Fury "Christine"

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

nvrbdn

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 15, 2012, 08:41:12 PM

so is there an answer to the 69 tail light statement?  :shruggy:
[
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 15, 2012, 09:43:21 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on January 15, 2012, 08:41:12 PM

so is there an answer to the 69 tail light statement?  :shruggy:
[
I don't really remember a 69 Charger or any 69 Charger tail lights in the movie, I could be wrong, just don't recall seeing that....

nvrbdn

bob i guess we need someone with the tape to confirm your sighting :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bill440rt

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 15, 2012, 10:27:52 PM

bob i guess we need someone with the tape to confirm your sighting :2thumbs:

X2   :2thumbs:
:scope: :popcrn:

moparfan53

A while ago there was a post either here or on moparts with a link to a deleted scene that had the Charger in it. I kept the link, here it is;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZNaGWLaBIw&feature=related

1BAD68

Very cool, now we know where the door damage came from.

Cooter

I have the special edition DVD and have never seen any '69 Tail panel in Dennis' Charger.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

kikgas01

Here are some RARE photos of the Christine cars in a junkyard. Enjoy.....

Fred

Daytona R/T SE

In the book,

Christine was a four door...

Mikesmoparperformance

Cool stuff so the 68 charger is not around any more? and I can't find the movie And I Lived :shruggy: I would love to see it :popcrn: But I did find a trailer :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: Very cool!

Production Company Charger Films :popcrn: Thats cool :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTT-MZr7Weg  :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Fred

Yes, that's the clip I was referring too, saw it years ago and tried to get hold of the dvd. Even emailed the producer (or whoever it was) advertising the film at the time but got no reply. After about 3 tries I gave up. Still don't know what's happening. Trailer looked good.

Is anybody up to speed on what's happening?  

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

nvrbdn

yep i did, then went to ebay to see if it was for sale. no go though. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 17, 2012, 11:35:48 PM
yep i did, then went to ebay to see if it was for sale. no go though. :rotz:

I know, the weird thing is though that even though they were advertising it all those years ago............you couldn't buy it then either.
Hopefully 70charginglizard will be able to shed some light on it for us.

mauve66

so did we ever find out if the charger was a 68 or 69, in the last clip with the door damage it was too far away for me to tell
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Fred

You're talking about the deleted scenes right? I cheked it out yesterday and couldn't tell either, even with the zoom, too blurry

Cooter

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 16, 2012, 11:42:40 PM
In the book,

Christine was a four door...

And I believe it had four wheel Drive and "Hydromatic" transmisson. King wasn't much of a car guy.

kikgas01

It was a 68. Look at the door lock position.

Cooter

Quote from: kikgas01 on January 18, 2012, 09:33:25 PM
It was a 68. Look at the door lock position.

Was under the impression that the '68-'69 was at the rear, and beginning in 1970, it moved to the center of door, as my '69 had it in the rear and my '70 has it in the middle.

Fred

Only the 68 has them at the rear, the 69 and 70 have them in the middle.

But what kab69440 want's to know is if the 68 charger in the movie had a 69 tail panel (that we obviously weren't meant to pick up on)

Fred

I just checked that scene again on my dvd but all you see is a front view of Dennis backing up. No back view at all.
Also checked all the deleted scenes, no signs of a 69 tail panel.

nvrbdn

yea, he was thinking there was a shot at that time of a back corner of the charger, but was removed when put on dvd. i think i have the vhs, but its in the camper out at the campground and locked up till april. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

Either way, it was a nice looking charger, when Dennis drove Ardi to buy the "Fury".

StoneCold

Quote from: kab69440 on January 15, 2012, 02:30:07 AMOn the pre-historic VHS version, when Arnie first sees Christine, when Dennis backs up you catch a quick glimpse of '69 tail light and sidemarker. That second of footage is missing from my DVD version.

Not on my 1995 VHS copy. Not pre-historic enough I suppose.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Cooter on January 15, 2012, 08:15:00 PM
As for the Charger, it was a 1968, 318 car.

Man I could have swore that the 68 was a 383 car, well had the blacked out tail light panel anyhow.

I thought you could see the rear of the 68 near the end when they slowly leave the parking lot. Its shortly before they get in the dozer and crush her.   :shruggy:

Just saw this movie like a month ago too...   :scratchchin:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

68 Bullitt Charger

As I said fellas, I am an Admin over at the Christine Car Club and well schooled in the Movie. The Car was a 68, 318, auto in console and pwr windows. The car was hire for that movie, damaged and fixed then used in another movie in 1984 for a quick scene. Then it disappeared till now. Personally if I knew where it was I would own it. Oh well!!!
58 Ply Fury "Christine"

dadsdodge

the car that smashes the camaro throu the gas station is owned by bill gibson and is currently under restoration

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 68 Bullitt Charger on January 19, 2012, 07:56:52 PM
As I said fellas, I am an Admin over at the Christine Car Club and well schooled in the Movie. The Car was a 68, 318, auto in console and pwr windows. The car was hire for that movie, damaged and fixed then used in another movie in 1984 for a quick scene. Then it disappeared till now. Personally if I knew where it was I would own it. Oh well!!!
What do you mean, the car has disappeared until now ?  No one has found it. ? :shruggy:

68 Bullitt Charger

Nope, just disappeared in someone's garage most likely.
58 Ply Fury "Christine"

68RT440

The scene where Dennis scribes into the hood of Christine for Arnie to meet him you can see the tail panel. He is on crutches and gets in the passenger side, and Leigh is driving. When they pull out you can clearly see that its a '68 tail panel...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

ACUDANUT

You said it disappeared till now, which means it has been found.  :brickwall: :scratchchin: :shruggy: :slap:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 68RT440 on January 19, 2012, 09:51:54 PM
The scene where Dennis scribes into the hood of Christine for Arnie to meet him you can see the tail panel. He is on crutches and gets in the passenger side, and Leigh is driving. When they pull out you can clearly see that its a '68 tail panel...

Is the panel blacked out?  I thought it was but if it's a 318 car it should be blue.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Cooter

Assuming all the cars that are in movies are correct....

We (The Christine Car Club) have talked with the original actors, one of which is William "Bill" Ostrander about the facts of the vehicles used.

bakerhillpins

Yup, understand. Guess I was just trying to find out for my own sanity.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Brass

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 20, 2012, 11:50:02 AM

Is the panel blacked out?  I thought it was but if it's a 318 car it should be blue.

I've had two 68's that were originally 318 cars - both with black tail panels...  :shruggy:

Dino

They all had black tailpanels, no exceptions.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dino on January 20, 2012, 03:58:31 PM
They all had black tailpanels, no exceptions.

Ah... here we go. It's the 70 model year that had body color tail panel for base model cars. I've had that screwed up for quite some time now.  :slap:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41105.0.html
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Fred

That's not the scene we're talking about.  The scene that kab69440 is referring to is the one where Arnie sees Christine for the first time and tells Dennis to back up so that Arnie can get a better look at Christine.
That's where we're trying to work out if the tail panel belongs to a 69.

68 Bullitt Charger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 20, 2012, 10:15:07 AM
You said it disappeared till now, which means it has been found.  :brickwall: :scratchchin: :shruggy: :slap:

Im sorry, you are correct. I meant "It disappeared and has not been seen/found since 1984". Its still missing. I also said if I knew where it was "It would be today at whatever it costs".   Thanks, Joe
58 Ply Fury "Christine"