News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

There were four DMCL cars.

Started by 404NOTFOUND, January 25, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 25, 2012, 10:34:04 PM
Somebody just call Peter Fonda ,and ask him . :D

for the 10th time... I asked him, he said 3, thats good enough for me.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Well it took you long enough to reply this time.  :lol:

THE CHARGER PUNK

hahaha thats awesome, id definitely takes peter's word for it afterall he did drive them LoL, and what was the deal with the one scene like actually just one scene where they went to all that trouble to install that MASSIVE cb intenna in place of the stock radio one on the R/T ?

THE CHARGER PUNK

this car just sold on this site last week, check out the doors  :icon_smile_big: lol

model maker

The yellow paint looks too fresh, but interesting just the same.
MODEL MAKER

RCKSTR

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on December 20, 2012, 05:35:32 AM
this car just sold on this site last week, check out the doors  :icon_smile_big: lol

This must be the long lost 4th car!  :rofl:

Khyron

Quote from: Ghoste on December 19, 2012, 09:02:48 PM
Well it took you long enough to reply this time.  :lol:

haven't been around much still morning my loss

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Understandable.  You replied to a post nearly a year old though pal. ;)

JB400

Khyron

Quote from: Ghoste on December 21, 2012, 06:25:10 AM

hehehe bored lol

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger_69

Quote from: 71gtx on January 30, 2012, 12:44:46 PM
ithink the rt is a 440 4  speed car In the scene after he crashes into the truck, and they fix the front tire, When he peels out and runs over his own tire, look at the ass end of the car and you'll see the dana 60.  :popcrn: :icon_smile_big:

Ive been going over ther movie also,  I does look to me that the 68 with the 69 tailamps does have a Dana 60, my question is this why did the put 69 lamps in it just to drive into the walnut grove when the could have used the fake R/T? Now speaking of the fake R/T that had black wiper blades, 3 speaker dash,am 8 track, deluxe steering wheel and chrome headrest bezels right.

Ghoste

Who knows why any car was used for any scene?  I think in most cases it was just convenience.

Mike DC

We have the hindsight of knowing exactly how the movie would be edited.   We also aren't trying to be prepared for unforeseen breakdowns & wrecks. 

model maker

According to the DVD narration, they filmed the scenes in order which is highly unusual in the movie/tv business. a few short still scenes may have been filmed out of order but the action scenes/driving scenes were all filmed in order.
MODEL MAKER

Ghoste

Yes, filmed in order, but as for which car they chose for which scene and why, no one can answer that but the director really.

JB400

I think that would fall more to the stunt car builder than the director.  Director would only tell what stunt he wanted done then the stunt car builder would assign the proper car.

Ghoste

Hmm, yes, but it would still mean no rhyme or reason to the choice other than to that individual though.

GordonGriggs

Well according this link below their were 3 cars and somone bought #1 car in 1984 and still has it.  :lol: The person that bought it
is in the comments section below the article. 

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/the-mysterious-fate-of-the-dirty-mary-crazy-larry-69-charger-rt/

model maker

Hi Gordon, that owner of the car was me and it was in  1977 that i owned it and it was repaired & later  repainted  and in early 1979 the ( soon to be ) EX wife & her 13 year old sister wiped it out and i had to let it sit again then with the breakup stresses i let a car dealership  take it something i regret to this day. back then having a movie used car was not a real big deal however, in this day & age the car is so much more popular than it ever was back in the 70's. I thought the dealership would repair the extensive damage but they ended up parting it out. when i saw that, i went to the back lot and took the 2 R/T badges off of it & i still have them somewhere in my huge accumilation of 35 years of stuff. The magazine article got a few facts wrong such as the mentioning the "last owner' which I WAS the last owner, they made it sound like there was someone after me. I explained what  damage happened to the car in the paragraph right above  the paragraph where they said " the last owner didn't want to tell what happened. I contacted the editor  who said he would make the corrections once i sent him the straight facts which I did but i never heard a thing from them and their article is still unchanged to this day.  I wish I would have kept that car, back in the 70's you have no idea what the car would be worth in 2013. :'( :o
MODEL MAKER

GordonGriggs

Hi, Model Maker. Ive read all the post's here about that car. I also remember that you were the last owner. I was just laughing at the person that said they bought it in 1984 and still have it.

model maker

The charger is a Bigger star today then it was way back in the 70's. I forgot who it was here that completly mapped out the entire movie locations and took pictures of each area and on his arial map, named each part of the movie that went with that location. I just don't understand the 68 being doctored up to look like a 69. With todays DVD & Hi definition playbeck, Flaws in the movie stand out like a  big flag pointing to the flaw. Things we saw ( OR Didn't see)  in the movie while watching it in 1974 were right before our eyes yet could not see ANY of it until the technology was invented to do so. I see areas in the movie where i know it was my car because of very little things that show up in a hi def. DVD with zoom & pause, This is how i found the brief appearance of the Big Antennea on the car which I found in the trunk with most of it stuffed along the very edge of the back seat  and along the side of the passenger side door panels. I had completly forgotten about finding it in the trunk when i got the car and i saved it & used it on my  4X4 trucks. I was watching the movie and paused & zoomed in on the charger squeeling around  a right turn past the 2 farm workers standing by their truck & i wanted to see the look on their faces to see if they even knew that the car was about to be screaming around  the right turn & thats when i noticed that big antennae for the first time. It never appeared anywhere else in the film. When i saw that I couldn't believe that i had forgotten about it coming out of the charger and sure enough, it is standing in the corner of my garage. Although the car & I seperated in 1979, I STILL have another  piece of the movie. I have been looking hard for  the 2 R/T badges i kept. I know for a fact that i never parted with those. I guess i will have to start building a DMCL charger starting with those 3 items and build the car around them :vert: :drive:
MODEL MAKER

Khyron

people still report this thread to me... HI EVERYONE hehehhe

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Lennard

Quote from: Khyron on December 21, 2012, 07:09:18 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 21, 2012, 06:25:10 AM

hehehe bored lol
Still bored huh!?

Brock Lee

Quote from: model maker on December 23, 2012, 11:53:01 AM
According to the DVD narration, they filmed the scenes in order which is highly unusual in the movie/tv business. a few short still scenes may have been filmed out of order but the action scenes/driving scenes were all filmed in order.

That may be the case, but that does not mean at the end they did not film reshoots and/or insert footage. Even if the movie was pretty much filmed scene by scene in order, it does not and likely did not mean every scene or shot you see was chronologically filmed. Especially stuff involving cars. There is little doubt they filmed insert shots, reshot scenes, or created filler scenes to help with timing, pace, or round out the final product. It happens ALL the time. Sometimes a great time period of time will even elapse before that stuff is done.