News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any bike riders with leaky front fork seals here?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, January 29, 2012, 09:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I found this amazing product on my Gold Wing site.  It's seal mate, a tool that cleans your fork seal instead of replacing it.  It works on most bikes most times.  Check out the link.

http://gl1200goldwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=10056
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Tilar

Interesting... I have an old Honda that I've started tinkering with and want to get it back on the road this summer. I wonder if that will take care of it or if I'll need to replace the seals.  :scratchchin:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Patronus

You can also cut some old plastic packaging or similar product into a similar shape and use it as well. I've done it plenty of times, yet I would add, its best to remove the dirt seals first allowing you better access to the oil seals. Very rarely are the oil seals to blame, its mostly just some dirt shoved up into the seal...  :Twocents:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Patronus on January 29, 2012, 11:15:19 AM
You can also cut some old plastic packaging or similar product into a similar shape and use it as well. I've done it plenty of times, yet I would add, its best to remove the dirt seals first allowing you better access to the oil seals. Very rarely are the oil seals to blame, its mostly just some dirt shoved up into the seal...  :Twocents:
Yeah that goes without saying to lift the dust seal first. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Patronus

The seal mate is a bit soft and folds or bends under tight tolerances.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Patronus on January 29, 2012, 05:35:55 PM
The seal mate is a bit soft and folds or bends under tight tolerances.
Worked for me.  But I only did this one bike.

MoparMotel

That's pretty neat, thanks for posting. Last bike I had fork seals changed on was my 2002 Honda CR250 and I wanna say it was like $150 to have it done... Nice cheap alternative here.
1968 Dodge Charger