News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing cars as the theme for this years Nats rumor

Started by Ghoste, February 04, 2012, 05:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Unconfirmed but I am hearing that if they get a commitment from some of the wing car clubs to attend, the theme for this years Mopar Nationals could be wing cars.

held1823

not sure if i'd find that to be good news or bad, although it's the only drawing card that would get me to attend the golf cart nationals again.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

mauve66

come to vegas instead, april 13-15, file your taxes early and don't stand in line at the post office
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Aero426

That would be not so good planning as there already are a pile of events this year. 

Ghoste

Like I said, a rumor.  I imagine anyway that if the part about depending on club involvement is true and there is a lot going on this year that it wouldn't be likely to happen. :Twocents:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: held1823 on February 04, 2012, 05:49:41 PM
not sure if i'd find that to be good news or bad, although it's the only drawing card that would get me to attend the golf cart nationals again.

It's more confusing than Mother's Day at Arnold's house.

pettybird

we go every year anyway (the curse of being 2hrs away) so whatever.  the tribute to road runner TOY was the best part of the weekend that year--petty blue superbirds!

--and that dusty hell is Marty territory.  I don't think the B5 car is going back there.

Ghoste

That's the bane of the place for a lot of show cars.   Less a worry for the drivers (mine anyway).

pettybird

Quote from: Ghoste on February 05, 2012, 08:04:43 PM
That's the bane of the place for a lot of show cars.   Less a worry for the drivers (mine anyway).

nah, we drive, but everything just gets filthy, including us.

it's also the near complete lack of bathrooms, crappy fair food, no show field organization, HUGE ticket prices...if this show was 6 hours away we simply wouldn't go.

Ghoste

LOL, it is six hours away for me and it is the highlight of theyear for me. :lol:

FJ5WING

Quote from: pettybird on February 05, 2012, 10:40:22 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on February 05, 2012, 08:04:43 PM

nah, we drive, but everything just gets filthy, including us.

it's also the near complete lack of bathrooms, crappy fair food, no show field organization, HUGE ticket prices...if this show was 6 hours away we simply wouldn't go.

such a glowing review really wants me to pack up and drive the 9 hours to get there. :smilielol:

Ill stick to Carlisle  :ricky:
wingless now, but still around.

Ghoste

Depends what you want, the people who dont like it tend to highlight the problems and the people who love tend to oversell the good points.  The nice thing about it is the cruise in Heath, the ability to park with your buddies as opposed to where you are instructed, the drag racing, the party atmosphere.  Personally I don't find the washrooms or food much better at Carlisle but they are more organized that's for sure.