News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Two Charger 500's at Russo Steele

Started by XXHEMI, January 24, 2006, 09:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXHEMI

Does anyone know what the two Charger 500's went for at the auction?

Ghoste

They don't have their results posted yet.

69_500

No clue, I don't do much searching on many auction pages, but maybe I should start. Were they HEMI cars or 440's? or does anyone know?

Ghoste

One was that black Hemi with only 150 feet on the odometer or whatever it was (I forget, it was ultra low mileage we had talked about the car here not too long ago.).  I don't know what the other car was that they had.  I only know about it because even B-J is the main circus, most of the auction companies start their season in Arizona the same week and because of my peripheral involvement with RM, it's something we talk about here.

69_500

Ah so the last HEMI 500 was up for auction at RM, with its ultra low 171 miles on the odo. Incredible car, but something still doesn't ring up on that one for me. Old pictures, different stories from past owners about if it is the same car or not.

Still a gorgeous ride, and still a HEMI 500. Heck i'd take it if I could ever afford it.

Ghoste

Not RM, Russo and Steele.  I'm not sure if it was that one or not.  I thought someone told me it had 2000 miles on it or a number similar to that.  Is there a black one like that?

69_500

I only know of 1 other HEMI Black 500, can't recall off the top of my head what the mileage was on  that one. Also a gorgeous car.

I know of a green one with 1,200 miles on it that is a HEMI, as well as a B5 blue HEMI AT car with 6,200 miles on it. Those are two I can think of off the top of my head.

69_500

Okay so I looked on their auction website and I do know of both of those Charger 500's. One is the X9 Black HEMI AT on the column last HEMI 500 built, with very low miles. Wonder how much they got out of that car, I'm guessing $300K or so.

The other one is a T5 bronze HEMI 500, 4 speed car. They are stating in the add that they only made 15 HEMI  speed Charger 500's, but I'm saying that is way low. It was a car that was for sale about 2 years ago by a gentleman up in Canada for $50K US. The car has a 1967 block in it, and it has had that block in it for quite some time, I believe since the early 70's or maybe mid 70's. I had someone look at the car 2 years ago for me and they told me it was gorgeous on the outside but rought underneath, and that it needed to be gone through. It was up for sale by a restoration place earlier this year for $165K I believe, and they had taken the car apart and apparently fixed any issues on the car.

Ghoste

I did what I should have done at the start, I checked Russo and Steele's site.  Still no weekend results but here is the info on the 500's.  The first is the 181 mile car and the second is a copper colored Hemi 4 speed car.

http://www.russoandsteele.com/collector_car/1969_dodge_charger_500_hemi/6343.html

**Inactive Link Removed**

69_500

Ghoste

Yeah.  You also beat me to this post which was about you beating me to it lol.  I'll leave the links up anyway in case anyone else wants to see them.

69_500

I do like the dog dish caps on the cars. Maybe thats what I need to do to mine. Anyone know of the 3rd Black HEMI 500 they mention in the add about the one for sale? they say it is 1 of 3 known HEMI 500's that was factory black. I've only seen 1 other. would love to see another one, black is gorgeous on any car especially 500's. I've only seen a few other black 500's that were 440 powered.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Ghoste on January 24, 2006, 04:10:23 PM
I did what I should have done at the start, I checked Russo and Steele's site.  Still no weekend results but here is the info on the 500's.  The first is the 181 mile car and the second is a copper colored Hemi 4 speed car.

http://www.russoandsteele.com/collector_car/1969_dodge_charger_500_hemi/6343.html

**Inactive Link Removed**
  Bet I never get asked to park in the same row as those two at crusin night :'(
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

XXHEMI

There is a very nice low milage Black with Red interior Hemi 500 in Canada original paint car. Nicest 500 I have ever seen hands down! Love to get that one, great color combo

69_500

Is that the famous "Speedy" car that your refering to Ed?

There is a 440 69 500 I've seen that was also a black car that had factory A/C.

Charger_Fan

Man, there are some damn fine cars on that site! :drool5:

I've never heard of this auction before...I guess I don't hang around in "those" circles enough. :icon_smile_wink:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on January 24, 2006, 04:15:02 PM
I do like the dog dish caps on the cars. Maybe thats what I need to do to mine. Anyone know of the 3rd Black HEMI 500 they mention in the add about the one for sale? they say it is 1 of 3 known HEMI 500's that was factory black. I've only seen 1 other. would love to see another one, black is gorgeous on any car especially 500's. I've only seen a few other black 500's that were 440 powered.

Black is gorgeous alright! 

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Pocket is that the car up by you? The one that wasn't a factory black car but is painted black now?

Should get his information, would love to talk to him sometime. I believe you said he had owned the cars for a long time. I'm sure he would have some interesting stories on the car.

PocketThunder

Yep, he's just north of me in the burbs,.  Its orignally T5.  The guys name is Mike and i've been to his house a couple times.  He has a 440/auto Orange/White int. Daytona also.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Tell him to get on here and post. Would love to hear some of his stories, that and discuss the 500 and Daytona. Because I'm nosey like that.    :yesnod:

PocketThunder

I tried but he is old school, doesnt use computers.

I bumped into him at a small church carnival car show one day in the summer.  maybe 50 cars total and there sits a C500 :o 

69_500

Well tell him a gentleman in Indiana would love to talk to him about his cars, heck I'd call him, no problem at all.