News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow... Govier is a brave soul on moparts....

Started by hemi68charger, February 06, 2012, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on February 07, 2012, 06:59:04 AM

Another thing that irks people is the way as mentioned that he feels he can freely inspect cars at shows.  He very much does open hoods to see fender tags or move things on the dash to see the vin. 

Car shows are a different story, I don't want people touching my car period. But an an auction, I think differently because those cars are for sale. The potential buyer should be able to inspect any part of the car with buyer's permission (or auction representive) whenever possible. 

Ghoste

I am talking about car shows though, not auctions.  (and agree on the rules)

TUFCAT

On moparts.com the bashing continues that Galen photographs fender tags and vin plates without permission ..really??  I think most people would accept these "unwritten rules" for taking pictures at car shows...  

1.  Nobody should EVER open your hood, open a door, or basically "touch" your car at a car show without your permission.

2.  Once the owner pops the hood and displays it to the world anybody can photograph the fender tag (or any other part of the car) without permission. The same goes for vin plate when visible and displayed.  

3.  If you do not accept #2....either remove fender tag, close hood, or put tape over the vin plate. Problem solved.

4.  If you're worried about any of the above...... leave the car in the garage.

5   You'll always find a few rude people who won't understand these rules.

6.  Never leave your car unattended if you can help it.

41husk

I had my Convertible challenger at Monster mopar a few years ago and it was on the show field with the top and windows down.  I was in the manufactures midway when it started to rain.  my fat @$$ ran all the way over to my car.  The people next to me started apologizing for putting my top up and rolling up my windows.  Needless to say them touching my car was not a problem :nana: :cheers:  I invited them to the Mopad for a drink but they declined.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TUFCAT

Very cool. I always try to help my mopar "show neighbors" and friends attending a show.  :cheers:  

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 41husk on February 07, 2012, 03:57:26 PM
I had my Convertible challenger at Monster mopar a few years ago and it was on the show field with the top and windows down.  I was in the manufactures midway when it started to rain.  my fat @$$ ran all the way over to my car.  The people next to me started apologizing for putting my top up and rolling up my windows.  Needless to say them touching my car was not a problem :nana: :cheers:  I invited them to the Mopad for a drink but they declined.

That is an exception to the general rule of not touching someone elses ride & is generally well received...I have done this deed to others & I have had the favor returned as well...good on you!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 07, 2012, 05:00:33 PM

That is an exception to the general rule of not touching someone elses ride & is generally well received...I have done this deed to others & I have had the favor returned as well...good on you!  :cheers:

I left my top down at the mall once. Went in when it was bright & sunny, but came out to a thundering down pour.   :o

Do you think someone would put the top up for me? Nope, they wrote me one of those fake parking tickets & cited me for being an a-hole for leaving the top down in the rain.   :smilielol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ponch ®

Quote from: Cooter on February 07, 2012, 07:54:44 AM
Another "Drama" thread? Really? I could give two sh*ts what GG OR moparts does. BOTH are self centered.

lets talk about penguins!

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 07, 2012, 05:16:44 PM
Another "Drama" thread? Really? I could give two sh*ts what GG OR moparts does. BOTH are self centered.

:dancinglock:  give ponch a vacation    :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on February 07, 2012, 05:19:12 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on February 07, 2012, 05:16:44 PM

:dancinglock:  give ponch a vacation    :smilielol:

two weeks! I think I said "gosh dang it" in another thread.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemigeno

Got a good laugh out of calmopar's Moparts post

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

squeakfinder

You know, I was just starting to regret dropping Direct TV a week an half ago for rabbit ears and then all this came along.  :lol:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Musicman

+1  :cheers:

bobs66440

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 07, 2012, 05:04:07 PM
I had my Convertible challenger at Monster mopar a few years ago and it was on the show field with the top and windows down.  I was in the manufactures midway when it started to rain.  my fat @$$ ran all the way over to my car.  The people next to me started apologizing for putting my top up and rolling up my windows.  Needless to say them touching my car was not a problem :nana: :cheers:  I invited them to the Mopad for a drink but they declined.

That is an exception to the general rule of not touching someone elses ride & is generally well received...I have done this deed to others & I have had the favor returned as well...good on you!  :cheers:

I left my top down at the mall once. Went in when it was bright & sunny, but came out to a thundering down pour.   :o

Do you think someone would put the top up for me? Nope, they wrote me one of those fake parking tickets & cited me for being an a-hole for leaving the top down in the rain.   :smilielol:
Not funny...but funny!!  :lol: :lol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   Sorry... :lol:

69rtse4spd

Read the first page of the link, did not want to wast my life reading the rest. Do not give a rats ass about G.G., I have my cars, I know where they came from, whom they came from, enough said.  :Twocents:.

NHCharger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 07, 2012, 08:58:10 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on February 07, 2012, 06:36:53 PM

:lol:

:iagree: :iagree:

They really love piling on over there. The way he announced himself on the thread was hysterical. Him and all those self-righteous idiots really do deserve each other.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

resq302

Anyone have the link that started the bashing on him and not the link where he came to defend himself?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Aero426

The best one of the whole deal.   Even Galen would have to laugh at that one.

The rest of the thread is just so much verbal diarrhea.  

68X426

Quote from: resq302 on February 07, 2012, 10:36:25 PM
Anyone have the link that started the bashing on him and not the link where he came to defend himself?

This was the match that lit the bonfire: http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Test&Number=7048293&Searchpage=4&Main=7043323&Words=mechum+%2Bauction&topic=&Search=true#Post7048293

The link takes you to the bottom of page 1. Make sure to scroll to the top of the page. The guy who started it came back and deleted his first remarks and his later posts. Then Galen started a new thread. The wildfire will burn for a long time.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Bob T

Quote from Golden Arm "i heard he spotted some bogus fender tags, and pulled them off the cars and ate them, right on the spot!! well, maybe i imagined that would be something he would do.  

--------------------
Mopar or No Car

:smilielol: Just the image of anybody tearing a tag off and eating it on the spot fills me with joy
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

bill440rt

Funniest pic I've seen in a long time!  :smilielol: :smilielol:
That should be posted in the Funny Pics section.  :yesnod:

Never felt the need to use any of his services.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

:2thumbs:   :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce