News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow... Govier is a brave soul on moparts....

Started by hemi68charger, February 06, 2012, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on February 07, 2012, 10:38:02 PM
...The rest of the thread is just so much verbal diarrhea.  

Ah Oh.... I'm in trouble...  :o

I was just stating my experiences..........  :bawling:

Time out for me?  :slap:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

hemigeno

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 08, 2012, 09:59:32 AM
Seems like Moparts just went down.  :shruggy:

Maybe Galen has some friends over at Anonymous?

Aero426

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 08, 2012, 08:14:57 AM
Quote from: Aero426 on February 07, 2012, 10:38:02 PM
...The rest of the thread is just so much verbal diarrhea.  

Ah Oh.... I'm in trouble...  :o

I was just stating my experiences..........  :bawling:

Time out for me?  :slap:

The deal with that thread is the inability for people to shut up and let the Mecum story come out.   It's what, 15 pages now with just a handful of pertinent posts.  

Dave Walden's post last night was very interesting.    

The "I sent blah blah blah to GTS x years ago and got no service" are really a side issue.   Yeah, yeah, we know all this.   But what went down at the auction?

The rest on the ethics of fender tag replacement or the need (or not) for "expert services" is just a bunch of running off at the mouth.    

superbirdtom

YOU KNOW  MOVING SOMEONES CARD BLOCKING OUT THEIR VIN TAKES SOME KINDA ASS TO REACH INSIDE SOMEONES CAR. I WOULD HAVE BUSTED HIS WRISTS IF I EVER SAW SOMEONE DOING THAT TO MY CAR.  THE GURUS JUST DON''''T GET IT, SOME PPL JUST WANT PRIVACY AND NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO TAKE THAT KIND OF UNWANTED PIC FOR HIS INCOMPLETE FILES.    IN THE EARLY DAYS WHEN GG WAS JUST STARTING OUT. HE MADE A BUNCH OF MISTAKES.     i HAVE MY OWN MOPAR GURU  THAT WILL DO IT FOR FREE. HE HAS MEMORIZED PRACTICALLY EVERY PART NUMBER ON EVERY MOPAR IN EXISTENCE.  AND THATS FROM 30 YEARS OF ACTUALLY WORKING ON THEM FULL TIME. ___   HIS DAD HAS 2 REAL MID SIXTIES RAMCHARGERS AND HAVE OWNED ALMOST ANY MOPAR YOU CAN THINK OF . THEIR RESTORATIONS HAVE GRACED MANY MAGAZINES.   HE TOLD ME GALEN WAS A CREEP AND DESCRIBED A COUPLE MAJOR FLUBBS HE DID. .  i SAY NO MORE . AS i DO LIKE WHAT GALEN IS TRYING TO ACOMPLISH, JUST QUIT POKING AROUND CARS WHERE YOUR NOT WANTED. 

DAY CLONA

Seems like Moparts just went down.  :shruggy:

That's probably because Dave Walden just handed Galen his hat......and the sh1t has started hitting the fan,...So Moparts Adm. probably pulled off line to "clean up" (delete) anything construed as litigation, or intended litigation, as Galen likes to threaten suits, or instigate others to follow suit...

Besides "some" wouldn't want to shed any light on Galen, other than the halo he thinks he wears.... :Twocents:

Troy

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 08, 2012, 12:05:56 PM
Seems like Moparts just went down.  :shruggy:

That's probably because Dave Walden just handed Galen his hat......and the sh1t has started hitting the fan,...So Moparts Adm. probably pulled off line to "clean up" (delete) anything construed as litigation, or intended litigation, as Galen likes to threaten suits, or instigate others to follow suit...

Besides "some" wouldn't want to shed any light on Galen, other than the halo he thinks he wears.... :Twocents:
Yeah, only the forum is down. Isn't GG one of their sponsors? :scratchchin:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bill440rt

I thought the sh*t hit the fan with Galen's first post.  :yesnod:  :eek2:  :rofl:

I don't think he's a sponsor over there, Troy.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

charger_fan_4ever

I attempted to read it last night got to page 3 and threw in the towel. From what I gathered it was a hemi cuda from the plant that didn't make hemi's and he made it public. Then some went onto say it was all a set up to make GG look like a hero. Sounded like alot of speculation and hear say.
Whatever I can still sleep at night not knowing. Not like I'd ever use his service anyway.

Ghoste

DAY CLONA

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on February 08, 2012, 12:14:53 PM
I attempted to read it last night got to page 3 and threw in the towel. From what I gathered it was a hemi cuda from the plant that didn't make hemi's and he made it public. Then some went onto say it was all a set up to make GG look like a hero. Sounded like alot of speculation and hear say.
Whatever I can still sleep at night not knowing. Not like I'd ever use his service anyway.

The readers digest issue,.....The "Cuda"/Mecum episode was last weeks drama, dragged over, Galen annouced his "arrivial" on Moparts in his jovial above God attitude, instead of his minions hand kissing, he got hit with irate car owners who have waited up to 5+ yrs for documentation/appraisials/etc, all the crap his service supposedly offers.....long diatribe of crap, both ways

Until DW handed him his hat showing Galen's underhandedness to Chrysler, trying to revoke/hider DW's VIN repro tag program, liscenced by Mopar, because DW refused to supply Galen all his (DW) HEMI and Sixpack car vin info....like Patik does to GG, which ended up costing DW added litigation thru Chrysler because GG was underhanding him thru Chrysler's legal dept

DAY CLONA

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 08, 2012, 12:28:38 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on February 08, 2012, 12:14:53 PM

The readers digest issue,.....The "Cuda"/Mecum episode was last weeks drama, dragged over, Galen annouced his "arrivial" on Moparts in his jovial above God attitude, instead of his minions hand kissing, he got hit with irate car owners who have waited up to 5+ yrs for documentation/appraisials/etc, long after recieving their monies, all the crap his service supposedly offers.....long diatribe of crap, both ways

Until DW handed him his hat showing Galen's underhandedness to Chrysler, trying to revoke/hider DW's VIN repro tag program, liscenced by Mopar, because DW refused to supply Galen all his (DW) HEMI and Sixpack car vin info....like Patik does to GG, which ended up costing DW added litigation thru Chrysler because GG was underhanding him thru Chrysler's legal dept

Old Moparz

The first few pages were just about all you need to see. The rest is just repetitive posting with members simply making a statement that was restating a statement that was stated in a statement made prior to the repeated statement they made quoting a statement to a statement.

And some name calling.   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ghoste

Yeah, the name calling is always good for a laugh but a lot of the restating of statements just reminds me of a union meeting.

Troy

Quote from: bill440rt on February 08, 2012, 12:12:55 PM
I thought the sh*t hit the fan with Galen's first post.  :yesnod:  :eek2:  :rofl:

I don't think he's a sponsor over there, Troy.
Nope, you are right. I have seen the logo somewhere and I just assumed it was there.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

He advertises in MCG so maybe that's it?  (and I am SOOOOOO hoping they don't decide to do a whole "expose" on this from the guru's point of view)

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on February 08, 2012, 12:41:57 PM
He advertises in MCG so maybe that's it?  (and I am SOOOOOO hoping they don't decide to do a whole "expose" on this from the guru's point of view)
why not i'm sure it will be chalked full of totally upstanding and correct factual information  .   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mopar_man

Well, i'm one of the fools who have read every post . What I don't understand is why all the people who were allegedly scammed by GG( I have no reason to believe they wern't) have taken some kind of legal action . A class action law suit should /could not be that hard to file .
as for the mecum auction scene  and I was not there, but according to a poster this Hemi cuda came up or was going up as the real deal with a 318 fender tag and vin plate. GG pointed it out to the buyer as the car having some issues and the buyer wanted his money back. I believ thats the jist of what  happened . I have no way of knowing if this is truth or here say .
There's no doubt about it that there are some quite irate Moparites over at moparts and they are not mincing their as to what they are calling GG .
:cheers:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on February 08, 2012, 10:07:04 AM
The deal with that thread is the inability for people to shut up and let the Mecum story come out.   It's what, 15 pages now with just a handful of pertinent posts.  

I know for me personally, I would love to know what happen. But it seems maybe Galen's the only one on the thread that does know? I know I'm not the only one on the thread that's curious... Since Galen brought it out, I would have thought he would have elaborated. Apparently there was some high energy friction at the auction between Galen and Mr. Mecum; Galen and the seller of some E-body?

Is the scenario that played out at the auction there on the thread? Did I miss something?

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: mopar_man on February 08, 2012, 12:48:39 PM
Well, i'm one of the fools who have read every post . What I don't understand is why all the people who were allegedly scammed by GG( I have no reason to believe they wern't) have taken some kind of legal action . A class action law suit should /could not be that hard to file .
as for the mecum auction scene  and I was not there, but according to a poster this Hemi cuda came up or was going up as the real deal with a 318 fender tag and vin plate. GG pointed it out to the buyer as the car having some issues and the buyer wanted his money back. I believ thats the jist of what  happened . I have no way of knowing if this is truth or here say .
There's no doubt about it that there are some quite irate Moparites over at moparts and they are not mincing their as to what they are calling GG .

Ahh I thought it had a bogus vin and tag stating it was a hemi built at a plant that didn't produce any hemis. Never would have thought in this day and age someone would try to pass off a car with 318 tags as the real deal on stage in a public auction. Wow

Ghoste

What people will do for money huh?  That's why I get so wound up about rebodies.

Aero426

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 08, 2012, 01:05:30 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on February 08, 2012, 10:07:04 AM

I know for me personally, I would love to know what happen. But it seems maybe Galen's the only one on the thread that does know? I know I'm not the only one on the thread that's curious... Since Galen brought it out, I would have thought he would have elaborated. Apparently there was some high energy friction at the auction between Galen and Mr. Mecum; Galen and the seller of some E-body?

Is the scenario that played out at the auction there on the thread? Did I miss something?

Pretty much.   Few details were shared.   It didn't help that board members started breaking chairs over each others heads.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

mopar_man

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on February 08, 2012, 01:08:11 PM
Quote from: mopar_man on February 08, 2012, 12:48:39 PM

Ahh I thought it had a bogus vin and tag stating it was a hemi built at a plant that didn't produce any hemis. Never would have thought in this day and age someone would try to pass off a car with 318 tags as the real deal on stage in a public auction. Wow

And that may very well be the issue ( about the plant) but there may have been that there were only 318  cars built at this plant . I'm sure Dana Mecum does not want to get a name for selling bogus cars if in fact that was the case. he's probably under extreme pressure with millions on the line , hence the blow up.

Ghoste

Mecum has offered bogus cars before (remember the Allison Daytona?) with his position being that if the consignor says it is fact then it isn't his job to make them a liar.   Nor does he feel he should succumb to the word of "experts" in the field.
In other words, is it Mecum who misrepresents the car or the consignor?  His role is just to bring buyers and sellers together.