News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona / Superbird front spoiler hole location???

Started by 1RareBird, February 09, 2012, 12:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1RareBird

I was looking over a superbird nose I have and was comparing it to a daytona nose. What I'm trying to understand/figure out is where  the hole locations should be for a daytona where the front spoiler attaches.  My superbird center two holes are 2 1/4" center to center but I have seen on a daytonas nose it is different.  I know they used the same spoiler but did the holes vary that much in the front?  Perhaps there was a difference between early and later daytona nose spoiler hole location?  Or was there a rough template that the workers at creative used to mark the holes with?  Basically, if someone has the dimensions from their daytona nose as for the distance between the center holes and the outer ones, it would be GREATLY appreciated! I believe there are 8 total.
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

1RareBird

If I could even get the center-to-center measurement between the center two holes it would help A LOT!  Thanks in advance! Even a picture with a ruler between them would be great.  I'm just in a little pinch here lol.
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

BigBlockSam

if you get your spoiler from Performance Car Graphics . the hole places are marked .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

odcics2

Sounds like the nose does not have the holes in it??
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

BigBlockSam

i got a stinger nose on my tona and it had the marks for the holes too  and they matched the ones on the spoiler . two different venders but i guess they got the measurements right .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 1RareBird on February 09, 2012, 08:31:48 PM
If I could even get the center-to-center measurement between the center two holes it would help A LOT!  Thanks in advance! Even a picture with a ruler between them would be great.  I'm just in a little pinch here lol.

Superbird and Daytona spoilers are the same, no if, ans, or buts,.....your 2 1/4" CL to CL measurement of the 2 center holes is correct, total of 8 mounting holes, the additional dimensions are 7 7/8" CL to CL for the remaining 3 holes on each side of each "center hole" (2 1/4" CL holes).....there is an angle to the line of holes, or a V formation, the spoiler is not straight across

Mike

1RareBird

Thanks for the input guys.  I know the holes are supposed to be the same for superbird and daytona but my buddy has a daytona nose (perhaps early production?) and the holes are closer together in the center by almost an inch.  Which is why I am confused as to if there were differences between the two.

nascarxx29

There is a tool jig from creative industries that was used on daytona and superbirds to locate and drill the front spoiler holes .A WW club member still has it and pictures of this tool was in a old newsletter If I can find it. :Twocents: Unrelated Ive seen the underside daytona cooling holes cut out vary in size.Probably random workmanship
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701