News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man.. they expect me to give it away !!??

Started by hemi68charger, February 15, 2012, 09:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Man, this market is really sucky................ As you guys already know, I've been trying to sell the V2 in order to get another Daytona I know about.. I've gotten offers of trades ranging from '63 ragtop 'Vettes, Ferrari convertibles, Land, car plus cash, etc etc etc.... All my ebay auctions fall way short... Almost sold it a few weeks ago actually, to Ray Evernham (was sort of surreal talking with him on the phone).. Almost worked out a deal with him, but alas, it didn't work out.....   OK, guess I need to vent... Don't think I'm asking too much for it, think it's fair..............  Maybe I'll end up selling the 500, get a 426 HEMI and shove it under the hood and be done with my Hemi Daytona...   but, int he meantime, I press forward.......

Has anyone with a winged car ever use an "advertisement" firm to "push" their car? I've gotten contacted by a few over the last year. I am reluctant to buy off on payment before actual services of a sale..

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

Things are slow right now without a doubt, but they are picking up.  I would be reluctant to hire the ad firm as well in that situation.  Show me results and I'll show you your payment.

Old Moparz

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 15, 2012, 09:07:26 AM
Man, this market is really sucky................ As you guys already know, I've been trying to sell the V2 in order to get another Daytona I know about.. I've gotten offers of trades ranging from '63 ragtop 'Vettes, Ferrari convertibles, Land, car plus cash, etc etc etc.... All my ebay auctions fall way short... Almost sold it a few weeks ago actually, to Ray Evernham (was sort of surreal talking with him on the phone).. Almost worked out a deal with him, but alas, it didn't work out.....   OK, guess I need to vent... Don't think I'm asking too much for it, think it's fair..............  Maybe I'll end up selling the 500, get a 426 HEMI and shove it under the hood and be done with my Hemi Daytona...   but, int he meantime, I press forward.......

Has anyone with a winged car ever use an "advertisement" firm to "push" their car? I've gotten contacted by a few over the last year. I am reluctant to buy off on payment before actual services of a sale..

Vettes & Ferraris? Why didn't you mention my offer to trade you my '71 Scamp, a snow blower, & the framed, 1910 embalming certificate I found for your Daytona?   :shruggy:

A 3 for 1 deal doesn't come often.  :Twocents:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ghoste

NYCMille

The market is WAY down on everything. Hell, when an Eleanor clone goes for more than a real Shelby (happened at Barrett) there's something seriously wrong. Honestly Troy, you've got a stunning and rare car. I say just drive the piss out of it and enjoy it.

RJS

Your not going to like hearing this but the Cream of the Crop will always sell first.
Just look at John's Daytona for example.  His car was one of the best IMO because it looked more original than restored. It also took about a year to sell his though.
Your car again IMO isn't to the level his car is so it's not going to get that same pool of buyers.
The only way around that is with price and time. You have already tried time (2 + years and on every site) so you have to get down to the correct price.

Don't shoot the messenger!!

moparstuart

Quote from: RJS on February 15, 2012, 12:02:46 PM
Your not going to like hearing this but the Cream of the Crop will always sell first.
Just look at John's Daytona for example.  His car was one of the best IMO because it looked more original than restored. It also took about a year to sell his though.
Your car again IMO isn't to the level his car is so it's not going to get that same pool of buyers.
The only way around that is with price and time. You have already tried time (2 + years and on every site) so you have to get down to the correct price.

I have to dissagree alittle bit , I think troys is probably the nicest daytona out there right now in his price range ,  I think whats hurting it is automatic and non-matching motor .  The big plus is the original sheet metal and how nice the car is .  :Twocents: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

Johns was a F6 Speed .My old R4 red still at legendary.R4 and V2 highest color amount for daytonas.Factor in matching #s paperwork plays a part  :Twocents:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

charger_fan_4ever

These days the market is small for 100k+ musclecars. A diehard with full pockets looking for a winger will probably pay more for "#'s match car". As mentioned previously the cream of the crop will go first and for probably more $$. I think as years go by the market for buyers will continue to get smaller as the younger generation are all into rice burners.

I saw a F6 on carsonline for 125k a couple weeks ago. It had been sor sale in the fall at the same price. Not sure the story on it or how it compares to yours. Saw on another thread the F8 from Ontario was a no sale at 95k at Mecums. Think he had 135k on it last year.

:Twocents:
If you want out of it drop the price to what you have in it and hope for the best. I don't think a seller could do any better plus they'd get a cut.

Sweet car

P.s since we are shooting the breeze anyone know of  any recent daytona projects that sold and if so what did they bring $$ ?

tan top

don't think i would use an out side source to sell my car !!  what they going to do any different !!  use to get these guys rining up all the time years back , when i would have cars for sale , saying have you sold ?? is it still for sale , why not let us sell it etc etc  ,   this was all before the internet of course , i'm talking about , but with all the internet stuff now  ,  you can do same job !  any one seriously looking for a certain car !! will know where to look  :Twocents: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RJS

Quote from: nascarxx29 on February 15, 2012, 12:11:33 PM
Johns was a F6 Speed .My old R4 red still at legendary.R4 and V2 highest color amount for daytonas.Factor in matching #s paperwork plays a part  :Twocents:

Again  Cream of the Crop doesn't have to mean Matching#'s to buyers, John's car is Non Match engine.
When you see/saw John's Daytona in person it looked like a new Daytona not an overly glossy restore/update or whatever you want to call it.

I had chalk marks, stickers, bias plys, correct correct correct...  The paint on John's car could be considered 2nd rate to a fresh Base Clear job but that was one of it's best attributes...

FJ5WING

Unless that advertising agency can gaurantee a sale I wouldnt get involved with anything like that. :shruggy:

As mentioned if you need to sell I think youve waited out long enough that there arent many buyers out there that havent seen it advertised,that said  price point is the way to bring in potential buyers.

its not a numbers car so go forward with getting that HEMI stuffed in there! :drool5:
wingless now, but still around.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 15, 2012, 09:46:48 AM

Vettes & Ferraris? Why didn't you mention my offer to trade you my '71 Scamp, a snow blower, & the framed, 1910 embalming certificate I found for your Daytona?   :shruggy:

A 3 for 1 deal doesn't come often.  :Twocents:

No no no.. Wasn't a vette and Ferrari... These were two separate people.....

No no no.. I agree...   John's car is awesome.. far better than mine..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Hemi Runner

Definately a limited market and times are tough but since you're taking offers I'll trade you a rough superbird project, a fresh 572 hemi, a 2000 dodge ram CTD, a leftover plate of chicken wings and a 12pk of Bud Light bottles :2thumbs:

CAPER

I had an email from Legendary in November 2011 saying their R4 Daytona was sold. Still says sold on their website.

BigBlockSam

Troy, enjoy your car , it's beautiful . a daytona in the hand and all that stuff  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tan top

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 15, 2012, 02:07:14 PM
Troy, enjoy your car , it's beautiful . a daytona in the hand and all that stuff  :cheers:

:iagree: :iagree:  ,   Drop a Elephant motor in it   :drool5: :drool5:   ;)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RJS

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 15, 2012, 01:35:16 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on February 15, 2012, 09:46:48 AM

Vettes & Ferraris? Why didn't you mention my offer to trade you my '71 Scamp, a snow blower, & the framed, 1910 embalming certificate I found for your Daytona?   :shruggy:

A 3 for 1 deal doesn't come often.  :Twocents:

No no no.. Wasn't a vette and Ferrari... These were two separate people.....

No no no.. I agree...   John's car is awesome.. far better than mine..

I'm not trying to say better just used as an example that you will need to adjust $'s or keep and enjoy.

Sitdown and look at any and all of the real cash offers you have for the car, call that buyer and see if you can meet at a # for all.

41husk

Troy, if I win the lottery, I will give you your asking price! I will also buy Stuarts 500 :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on February 15, 2012, 02:38:40 PM
Troy, if I win the lottery, I will give you your asking price! I will also buy Stuarts 500 :cheers:
you said the check was in the mail   :shruggy: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

gtx6970

Agreed,
Non matching numbers engine( and trans I assume) Auto is a drawback to most ( it's a plus to me btw)

And one of the most common colors for a Daytona are the things holding it back ,,,,IMO

gtx6970

Plus there is a F6 auto Daytona just posted here for sale in the 125K range

I have not seen neither car but it's competition none the less

Yet projects will still pull $60K plus

41husk

Quote from: moparstuart on February 15, 2012, 02:47:35 PM
Quote from: 41husk on February 15, 2012, 02:38:40 PM
you said the check was in the mail   :shruggy: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Oh! you just wanted a check.  I can do that.  I have several boxes of checks.  I thought you wanted money and that I have little of.  Infact i can send a couple of checks.  When can I pick up my car?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 15, 2012, 03:09:13 PM

Thats what I was wondering. The last daytona in a box i recall hearing about was over on moparts. No Price tag was mentioned though.

I'm surprised the bidding stopped at 95k on the F8 Ontario car. When is the last time you heard of a done daytona selling for under 6 digits ?

moparstuart

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 15, 2012, 03:09:13 PM
Plus there is a F6 auto Daytona just posted here for sale in the 125K range

I have not seen neither car but it's competition none the less

seen it , nice car , great color but fiber glass nose  .