News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man.. they expect me to give it away !!??

Started by hemi68charger, February 15, 2012, 09:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on February 15, 2012, 03:21:11 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on February 15, 2012, 02:47:35 PM
Quote from: 41husk on February 15, 2012, 02:38:40 PM
Troy, if I win the lottery, I will give you your asking price! I will also buy Stuarts 500 :cheers:
you said the check was in the mail   :shruggy: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Oh! you just wanted a check.  I can do that.  I have several boxes of checks.  I thought you wanted money and that I have little of.  Infact i can send a couple of checks.  When can I pick up my car?
:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nelson_audet

it is the same in quebec canada. When you come with 30 000 $ car and more, buyer are extremely rare... for a 100K ++++ car in quebec buyer are almost inexistant. So in usa it is probably the same... since a couple years , the demand for muscle car is low if i compare when i start in the hobby in 2005....

i didn t see your daytona troy but i am sure it is a really coooool car and it worth your asking price for sure !

69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

pettybird

the car's been on the market too long.  there "must be something wrong with it."  I'd pull it for a while and try again in spring.

or hell- KEEP IT ALREADY.  You've been in magazines with it, on track at a lot of events with it...what do you expect the next one to do, give massages and cook breakfast?

hemi68charger

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 15, 2012, 03:09:13 PM
Plus there is a F6 auto Daytona just posted here for sale in the 125K range

I have not seen neither car but it's competition none the less

Yet projects will still pull $60K plus

I'll run him over !!!  hahahaha... Seriously, owner is a friend of mine...  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

or hell- KEEP IT ALREADY.  You've been in magazines with it, on track at a lot of events with it...what do you expect the next one to do, give massages and cook breakfast?

[/quote]for these prices it better   :lol: :smilielol: :nana: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

No, if the Hemi is your dream then you have to keep pursuing it.  (hey someone has to play the other side of Jiminy Cricket)

charger_fan_4ever

I assume you must have received atleast one offer in the 6 digits  :shruggy:

#'s or not  :drool5:

All original metal and from what i recall pretty much the whole interior is original too. I can't understand why some would rather a car with a 100 patches as long as it has the #'s drivetrain.

I guess there are 2 camps.

gtx6970

Troy,
I've told a buddy of mine about your car several times and the color combination  with the auto holds him back.

He has a B5 blue 440 4spd car that needs done and he bounces back and forth to sell his as is and buy one done or do his and that way he knows exactly what he has .

I Hope he decides to just do his ( or should I say ' let me' do it for him ) His other 2 cars are both auto thus why he's stuck on the 4 spd thing

He was thinking very seriously about the orange( red ?)  with white int 4 spd Daytona at the Nats last summer ,, It was very nice car, matching numbers and was priced if I remember right in the $140K range . but it sold before he could pull the trigger .

nelson_audet

you speak about color, in 1969, it was possible to order a daytona in all color of the regular charger ?

69_500

Troy just hold out for the $ you need. It will happen eventually and it's not like the one you want is going anywhere anytime soon. If you get bored of the car you could always send it my way and I will keep track of it for awhile. Heck I would even send you the 500 so you would have something to drive.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on February 15, 2012, 06:14:42 PM
Troy just hold out for the $ you need. It will happen eventually and it's not like the one you want is going anywhere anytime soon. If you get bored of the car you could always send it my way and I will keep track of it for awhile. Heck I would even send you the 500 so you would have something to drive.

Well,, if I can't get the F6 version I want, then mine's off the market............

Then, I'll maybe sell the 500 and get a fresh-rebuilt-ready-to-go 426 Hemi and "Just-Do-It"...
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

nelson_audet

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 15, 2012, 07:22:07 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on February 15, 2012, 06:14:42 PM

Well,, if I can't get the F6 version I want, then mine's off the market............

Then, I'll maybe sell the 500 and get a fresh-rebuilt-ready-to-go 426 Hemi and "Just-Do-It"...

nooo troy, if you sell the 500, i have a beautifull B5 bright blue 69 4 speed  440  RT for you :)

F6Bee

Troy, you have a very nice car there, and there are many factors as to why it hasn't sold.  The economy and car buying seem to be in a holding pattern.  It was very easy to buy a car, when you knew you could out from under it with ease from the years 2002-2007, and maybe make a few dollars, seemed like musical chairs where a lot of guys got the taste satisfied for the cars that they always wanted.  I know quite a few on my list went through my garage during those years.  For the most part, guys are only pulling the trigger for bargains, with an occasional sale that might seem high, or the going rate.

I am holding my 2 cars close, and unless something comes up for a bargain, I doubt I will jump.  I tend towards nice sheetmetal cars, and yours seems to have that.  Color for me isn't nearly as important as body condition, but a 4 speed is a must.  I have had automatics, but it always seems 9 out of 10 buyers would prefer a 4 gear and seem to be looking for one.  Isn't this the reason you are selling?  A Daytona 4 gear is still on my punch list, and if it comes to me, it comes to me, color unimportant.  With some really bad national debt, we as a nation might never see the mid 2000's again, who is to say next year will be any better with these cars, could be a lot worse.  I really think some people are realizing this, and we might see a lot of cars coming up for sale in the next 5 years.  I personally know some great oldtimers with quite the collections.

I can understand holding tight, but your car has been on Ebay like 10 times, you might want to lower the price, my experience is Ebay can sell a car for whatever the true worth is,  there is nothing that compares to their exposure.  Good luck, Rick. :cheers:

Highbanked Hauler

I do think with us baby boomers starting to die off that will bring more cars into the open for sale and you guys probably know better than I what the  younger generations will be looking for. As  F6Bee said we might have already hit the high water mark on prices. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Hemi Runner

The younger generations don't have the financial resources that the baby boomers have so you can bet the prices will fall over time, especially with no financial recovery in our future. If you can get a good buck out of it now, go for it. IMHO, it won't get any better.... ever.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 15, 2012, 03:05:12 PM
Quote from: RJS on February 15, 2012, 12:02:46 PM
Your not going to like hearing this but the Cream of the Crop will always sell first.
Just look at John's Daytona for example.  His car was one of the best IMO because it looked more original than restored. It also took about a year to sell his though.
Your car again IMO isn't to the level his car is so it's not going to get that same pool of buyers.
The only way around that is with price and time. You have already tried time (2 + years and on every site) so you have to get down to the correct price.

Don't shoot the messenger!!

Agreed,
Non matching numbers engine( and trans I assume) Auto is a drawback to most ( it's a plus to me btw)

And one of the most common colors for a Daytona are the things holding it back ,,,,IMO

Those factors don't make it less desirable to me at all, in fact like Bill said, the Auto is somewhat of a plus for me also...  Troy & I have tried several times to work out the framework of a trade, but trades are usually difficult to hammer out... especially between good friends.

It boils down to price, and the last I saw it at was $145,000 or $125,000 plus another car.  Troy's goal to have a 4Spd Daytona and another 4Spd Mopar doesn't quite mesh with what I can trade, the closest I can come are a pair of 4Spd Aeros (C500 & Superbird project) OR 4Spd C500 & Auto Daytona project.

I expect to begin restoration of my Daytona & my triple black car this year... sometimes it is best to "get on with it".  So, Troy, maybe a crate Hemi conversion is a viable option for you... would you convert to 4 Speed also?
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

hemi68charger

Don't have to have a 4-speed... Now that I've had the Daytona for so long, an auto is just fine............  Did I just say that? :o
Troy

Daytona R/T SE

You know what you have with the car you already own.

Put a Hemi in it and be happy.  :coolgleamA:

nelson_audet

Quote from: Hemi Runner on February 15, 2012, 11:25:12 PM
The younger generations don't have the financial resources that the baby boomers have so you can bet the prices will fall over time, especially with no financial recovery in our future. If you can get a good buck out of it now, go for it. IMHO, it won't get any better.... ever.

heyyy i am 30 years old !!! :) i am a youngster  :) and i own a legit real RT 69 4 speed charger:) i know i am an exception:)

hemi68charger

Well, being born in '64, I hope to God I'm in a good position in the future to do things...  I'm sure there are a lot of people like me still, granted the numbers are smaller........................
Troy

hemigeno

Quote from: nelson_audet on February 15, 2012, 05:39:39 PM
you speak about color, in 1969, it was possible to order a daytona in all color of the regular charger ?

Yes - Daytonas were available in all the colors you could have ordered for a "regular" Charger, although that doesn't mean one was actually produced in every color.

Troy, I do have to agree with Doug on this... the length of time a car is out on the market does tend to stigmatize it to one degree or another.  Buyers who are looking around for any length of time will recognize the car and assume that since it hasn't sold, there must be something keeping other buyers from pulling the trigger - or that it is simply priced too high for the market right now.  Either way, it might actually help its marketability by pulling it for a bit.

Although... one of the best chances you've had to sell the car (Ray E.) happened recently, so what do I know?   :slap:

Ghoste

Call Ray back and tell him it would look great sitting next to his Spoiler II.

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 16, 2012, 06:32:19 AM
Don't have to have a 4-speed... Now that I've had the Daytona for so long, an auto is just fine............  Did I just say that? :o

:slap:  Mr. 4-speed, i cant believe you just said that!

You should got hemi 4-speed and sell me your overdrive unit. :whistling:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Hemi Runner

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 16, 2012, 09:05:31 AM

Well, being born in '64, I hope to God I'm in a good position in the future to do things...  I'm sure there are a lot of people like me still, granted the numbers are smaller........................
Well then.... when you're ready to keep that car and stick a hemi in it, I've got a stock looking 572 pump gas unit sitting here ready to go for ya. It only made 750 on the dyno so it's not a real wild animal.

Cooter

Exactly. The days of flipping high end cars (Yes even Wi9ng cars) is about to come to an end. Finally, maybe the younger genrations can actually buy one of these without having some flipper retire off the sale of said car.
Maybe the market will come back around, maybe it won't, but for those of us who got into this without the thought of ever selling anything we buy/build, we don't have to worry bout these things. Good luck, but selling anything in the $100K range today is a gamble at best.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"