News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man.. they expect me to give it away !!??

Started by hemi68charger, February 15, 2012, 09:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Now now you know the trick of making it more wanted is making it famous.  As soon as it's been on tv it'll sell much easier so go out and provoke a cop or two!   :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 18, 2012, 02:59:21 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 18, 2012, 02:07:08 PM
I'll trade you everything in my signature for your Daytona Troy :icon_smile_wink: :lol:

Penguin included?

If that's the deal sealer then yes, I will include Pengu!!! :icon_smile_wink: :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

GULFGLENY

Its a great time to buy! Bad time to sell!

F8-4life

As a 3rd party observer, if you have less then 75k into it and can get 100k out of the car, I don't see the problem? Your getting paid 25k to drive and enjoy a legit daytona! Every mans dream... Anyway if you really don't want to sell it THAT bad then keep the car and keep on living the dream. Either way your doing good.

69 DAYTONA

...my old F6/wh

...it was a 4-spd, 10K one owner miles when I purchased it in 1980...paid $9K and all of my friends thought I was nuts

...back then F6 was commonly referred to as "Monkey Puke Green" by my best buddies and it was known in the family as the "Green Weenie"...when I lived in China, I was on a baseball team named the "Green Weenies", the name referred to a common medical condition many guys got while serving in SEA

...the car still exists and looks exactly like it did 30 years ago and only has a couple hundred miles more on the odometer than it did when I sold it in 1988...sold the Daytona to purchase a 426 HEMI Challenger RT/SE, the first HEMI Challenger ever built

69 DAYTONA

...I run across my old friend every so often

...original interior from 1969

held1823

that is the second daytona that i ever saw, and definitely still one of my favorites.

not to derail this thread, but that car helps to answer the question posed in a different thread, regarding whether the stripe color always matched the interior. other than the white stripe on the car now, i'd think i just stepped back over forty years in time.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Aero426

You see Larry's old F6 Daytona EVERYWHERE.   I was in the Daytona speedway gift shop last Sunday.    Picked up a book on cars that raced in NASCAR, and there it was.    Larry should get royalties, LOL.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on February 19, 2012, 12:48:04 PM
...my old F6/wh

...it was a 4-spd, 10K one owner miles when I purchased it in 1980...paid $9K and all of my friends thought I was nuts

...back then F6 was commonly referred to as "Monkey Puke Green" by my best buddies and it was known in the family as the "Green Weenie"...when I lived in China, I was on a baseball team named the "Green Weenies", the name referred to a common medical condition many guys got while serving in SEA

...the car still exists and looks exactly like it did 30 years ago and only has a couple hundred miles more on the odometer than it did when I sold it in 1988...sold the Daytona to purchase a 426 HEMI Challenger RT/SE, the first HEMI Challenger ever built

Cool - That looks like the car that I think Motor Trend tested...or had pics off. What's the SPD on that car.....One of a couple early cars with a Shaker!  :2thumbs:

69_500

Now I know I throwing this totally off topic, but Larry did the Daytona have the pedal dress up kit on it when you had the car? I have some pictures of that car from when i was little, but can't seem to find any of the interior. Was just curious.

Sorry for the total hijack Troy.

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: Aero426 on February 19, 2012, 02:13:23 PM
You see Larry's old F6 Daytona EVERYWHERE.   I was in the Daytona speedway gift shop last Sunday.    Picked up a book on cars that raced in NASCAR, and there it was.    Larry should get royalties, LOL.

...I was in the shop Sunday too...small world

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: 69_500 on February 19, 2012, 04:40:31 PM
Now I know I throwing this totally off topic, but Larry did the Daytona have the pedal dress up kit on it when you had the car? I have some pictures of that car from when i was little, but can't seem to find any of the interior. Was just curious.

Sorry for the total hijack Troy.

...I honestly don't remember about the dress up kit...don't think so, but I just can't say for sure

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 19, 2012, 04:13:42 PM
...my old F6/wh

Cool - That looks like the car that I think Motor Trend tested...or had pics off. What's the SPD on that car.....One of a couple early cars with a Shaker!  :2thumbs:

...the Challenger was a road test car for Car and Driver, Nov 69...they hated it..."SHAKER" was added later...

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: Aero426 on February 19, 2012, 02:13:23 PM

car was photographed by the late Nicky Wright...he took tons of film and it has been recycled forever...those shots were taken in 1989

69 DAYTONA

stripe color...the F6 Daytona was ordered new with a black stripe according to the original owner, he wanted white but the salesman told him the stripes were only available in black, so that's what they checked off and that's the way it arrived...I removed the original black stripe when the car was repainted in 1981

hemi68charger

Quote from: F8-4life on February 19, 2012, 12:43:59 PM
As a 3rd party observer, if you have less then 75k into it and can get 100k out of the car, I don't see the problem? Your getting paid 25k to drive and enjoy a legit daytona! Every mans dream... Anyway if you really don't want to sell it THAT bad then keep the car and keep on living the dream. Either way your doing good.

I'm not looking at it from an investment move.. I agree, there are many who have a dream of owning a real Daytona. I'm one of those who do own one now.. But, just because one's dream comes true, doesn't mean one can't refine the dream a little more..  ;D

...my old F6/wh

Awesome car Larry......   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 19, 2012, 06:15:51 PM

I'm not looking at it from an investment move.. I agree, there are many who have a dream of owning a real Daytona. I'm one of those who do own one now.. But, just because one's dream comes true, doesn't mean one can't refine the dream a little more..  ;D

...exactly ...I have a hard time giving up any car...I was a long time without a Daytona and never will be again

69 DAYTONA

...thought you might like the pix of that color combo

...several people told me a F6/wh 4-spd was EXTREMELY rare...were they ?

moparstuart

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on February 19, 2012, 07:12:06 PM

...thought you might like the pix of that color combo

...several people told me a F6/wh 4-spd was EXTREMELY rare...were they ?
best combo ever on a daytona
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on February 19, 2012, 04:52:00 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 19, 2012, 04:13:42 PM
...my old F6/wh

...the Challenger was a road test car for Car and Driver, Nov 69...they hated it..."SHAKER" was added later...

That's Right - Car and Driver. Snobs.....they did not like it at all... ;)  I remember hearing the Shaker was just kind of laying on the engine for the photo's.

paironines

Larry, when your Challenger was photographed by Nicky Wright at the air strip, were there any other cars there?

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: paironines on February 19, 2012, 08:57:07 PM
Larry, when your Challenger was photographed by Nicky Wright at the air strip, were there any other cars there?

...Nicky was here numerous times...he would call and tell me what he was looking for and I would track the cars down for the photo shoot...sometimes we had a couple of cars and sometimes several cars...Bill Holder and Phil Kunz were here lots of times for Dobbs Publications, they tended to shoot more cars per day than Nicky...we also had a guy from Sweeden, Anders Odeholme, that visited a few times for photos...I have a few cars in magazines that I can't read the article, LOL...and Petersen Publishing sent one of their own guys to Indiana once to shoot 4-5 of my cars for Hot Rod, Car Craft etc...lots of fun...

...there was a set of Muscle Car trading cards manufactured about 20 years ago, set of 50 cards has 14 cars from New Castle in it

...Nicky Wright taught me a lot about taking car photos...a very distinguished career, he worked for the Queen of England, Rolling Stones etc...

...we had numerous Winged Cars here for photos...among others, my biz partner had his HEMI Daytona, Dave Jones old Root Beer Bird was here, Landy AFX

paironines

Wow that is cool!  Was Steve Witmers black 70 Hemi Charger there one time in New Castle or different time different air strip?

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: paironines on February 19, 2012, 10:23:59 PM
Wow that is cool!  Was Steve Witmers black 70 Hemi Charger there one time in New Castle or different time different air strip?

...I set up every pix shoot and I honestly don't remember a black 70 HEMI Charger at any of them, nor do I recognize the name...I think I would remember the car at least

held1823

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on February 19, 2012, 09:11:40 PM
...there was a set of Muscle Car trading cards manufactured about 20 years ago, set of 50 cards has 14 cars from New Castle in it

several years ago, one of the chrysler executives from detroit was at the new castle plant. he mentioned having traveled to pretty much every town associated with the company, and commented that new castle had more musclecars than any place he had ever seen, including detroit, which was twenty times the size of new castle.

you could hardly drive down a city street without meeting one, or travel through a neighborhood without seeing one parked in a driveway. there were plenty of ford and gm hotrods around, but the sheer number of mopars found here was beyond description. several of the cars have since moved on, but there are still plenty of them around, many of which are original owner rides.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053