News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-70 charger jacks , due it your self make one

Started by moparstuart, February 15, 2012, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 15, 2012, 06:21:38 PM
Are the factory Charger jacks worth that much money?  I should sell mine if they are - I never have / will use it.  :shruggy:

I've used that type of jack many years ago because that's all you had in the car. It can be very interesting watching the car teeter & sway from tractor trailers blowing past you on the shoulder while you balance 4000 pounds on top of a ratcheting pencil.   :o

And also why one of the first things I did with every car since, was replace the ratcheting pencil with a small floor jack. I still have 4 or 5 jacks with various bases & hooks, I just don't recall what cars they're from.

Good job Stuart, it will look close enough that most people will never know.   :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 16, 2012, 06:39:30 AM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 15, 2012, 06:21:38 PM
Are the factory Charger jacks worth that much money?  I should sell mine if they are - I never have / will use it.  :shruggy:

I've used that type of jack many years ago because that's all you had in the car. It can be very interesting watching the car teeter & sway from tractor trailers blowing past you on the shoulder while you balance 4000 pounds on top of a ratcheting pencil.   :o

And also why one of the first things I did with every car since, was replace the ratcheting pencil with a small floor jack. I still have 4 or 5 jacks with various bases & hooks, I just don't recall what cars they're from.

Good job Stuart, it will look close enough that most people will never know.   :cheers:
and as you say its dangerous so it will never get used .  It will just be pretty in the trunk at shows    :icon_smile_big:    I have a small sissor jack kit out of a junk yard car I just move from car to car when i'm driving on long trips .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Good point and I do the same.  I don't think I would use the original bumper jack on any of these old cars other than for show or emergency.

BrianShaughnessy

Those original jacks need a warning sticker "for display purposes only"  :yesnod:

Used to use them but wouldn't want to be stuck in the situation of having to use one anymore. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

charger_fan_4ever

My car will have to pass inspection before i can plate it. I bet the B#$@@#$s won't pass it unless it has a spare and jack.  :icon_smile_angry:

gtx6970

Here it goes
Orignal jack from a 1969 Charger( not for sale before  anyone asks)

gtx6970

measurements of the plate

Davtona

moparstuart

moparstuart

A383Wing

Ghoste