News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

general lee decals

Started by itchyballs, February 01, 2006, 04:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itchyballs

hi. i know this might not be the place to ask but who makes the best and most accurate general lee decals on the market and what kind of money do they go for? thanks guys.... ??? ???

Mike DC

I can't remember 100% on this, but I think the bgi-screen movie General Lees used Phoenix graphics sets ordered right out of the Year One catalog.  They're not perfect but they're basically within the margin of error for the TV cars.  The capital "G" in the General Lee text is the wrong kind of font for the old TV series, but that's about the only objection.

There are some other sellers making slightly more accurate sets within the fan clubs.  Many of the fans are wanting a decal set that's more specific to a certain season of the TV series, and we've got sellers making them in a couple of different styles now.

Wakko

Miked is right.  www.BuildAGeneralLee.com also has decals, but his customer service sucks.  Check out www.cglfc.com
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

itchyballs

thanks guys. i was wondering who has the best and most accurate decals....

Wakko

Tony at Build a General Lee has the most accurate.  Previously his script was better and Phoenix's numbers were available in old and new style, but someone mentioned that Tony now has both styles of numbers.  I personally prefer the earlier skinny style.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

itchyballs

Wakko. dou you know who has the cheapest kits? thanks man...

JimShine

Here are my skinny numbers from Tony. His price was excellent. I did have to wait for them, but it was worth it.

Charger Aficionado

I bought the TNT ones from ebay.  Travis Bell from NAGLFC gave them rave reviews.

itchyballs

jimshine your car looks great! i haven't compared the wide or skinny 01 but i really like the way ours look. what does he charger for a set and how long of a wait did you have? thanks...

Wakko

TNT is Tony.  I plan on ordering mine from him as well as I prefer the early/skinnier numbers.  You have to wait because he "loses" orders and is disorganized.  I waited a few weeks for my order from him once but he kicked in a few extra items as a pacifier.  I was happy and would deal with him again.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

JimShine

I honestly can't remember what I paid. I think it was in the $225 ballpark and was a complete Georgia kit with crossed flags (Wakko bought those and it took me forever to finally get them to him). I ordered them when he was out, so I had to wait for him to make me a set. I believe it was around 2 weeks, maybe a month. It was this time last year, so I wasn't anxiously awaiting them as I couldn't use them until I had the car painted anyway. So I really can't remember exactly how long it took. He also has a deal where if you screw up putting them on you can buy replacements for cost or half price or something. I did screw my flag up, but decided to fix it instead.

Here is a text comparison.Now, why couldn't he have set me up with the girl?

itchyballs

hey. i have a dumb question jimshine. are your general lee letters blue or black? i think i am color blind tonight. i really like the blue letters best myself...

Mike DC

(While the subject has been brought up, I'm gonna shoot down a little rumor that is sometimes heard . . . )

The letters on the General Lee were NEVER black in the TV series.  The numbers looked black occasionally because of lighting & film issues, and black lettering even appeared on a few of the GL toys.  But it was always blue on the actual prop cars.

itchyballs

you mean the   O1 numbers were blue?????

JimShine

My letters are navy blue. Numbers are black, as they should be.

itchyballs

i was going to say i never heard of the numbers being blue before... and jimshine i like the way your car looks... :yesnod: :yesnod:

HAZZARDJOHN

I paid 225 + tax for mine. I guess I am lucky I got mine before the check cleared! I couldn't be happier with the decals or thier service, but I have heard from a few others that said he has a tough time getting orders out on time, but I have never heard of someone who was dissatisfied with the decals themselves.

Here is the e-mail when I first inquired about them

"Hello John,

Yes, we do sell a general lee decal kit that is patterned after the georgia car decals. The complete kit, which includes the flag, text, 01's, and crossed flags is $225 + $19.50 for priority mail shipping with delivery confirmation and insurance (TOTAL= $244.50). It usually takes between 7-10 business days for us to complete the kit and ship it to you. We do not reproduce the small (georgia) pushbar, just the larger calif. style ($135). We take money orders or cashiers checks (mail to Tony Warenzak, PO Box 447, Dalton PA, 18414) If you send payment please specify in detail what your order is for. Thank you for your interest, if you have any other questions or would like to order let us know.

Miriam
www.buildagenerallee.com"

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

itchyballs

hey. i just checked their site and it says $275 for the set. are they cheaper now?? ??? ???

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: itchyballs on February 02, 2006, 11:36:45 AM
hey. i just checked their site and it says $275 for the set. are they cheaper now?? ??? ???

They might have gone up a little, I ordered mine in august of last year. I thought there website said it was 300 a set at the same time I ordered mine. I would e-mail them for a price.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

JimShine

Yeah, he usually is cheaper than the site price. I think the site price is sort of like a "Retail Price" and you inquire for a sale price. I wouldn't go anywhere else for my decals, even if I knew I had to wait. The guy that rents me my garage space is a signmaker and he was very impressed with the quality of the materials. He said for the price the quality was amazing. The packing is good too. The flag comes in a PVC pipe and numbers and letters come seperate. The shipping is not inflated at all.

Thanks for the praise on my car. I will take new pics once I get the stock seats in and rollbar.

itchyballs

thaks for all of the info jimshine. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: