News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Wipeout Video

Started by Old Moparz, January 08, 2008, 11:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

While browsing youtube, I spotted this old video made at the Chysler Proving grounds in 1982 of a green Daytona that couldn't stay on the track while going into a turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB7z2xlwlfY&NR=1

It's posted in the comments that nothing happened to the car, but I wish the video showed it, would have been kind of cool.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

69_500

That is yet another video that was shot by John Pappas. I'm not sure if he has any more footage of that car after the off road experience, but I know that the car was at the rest of  the show, and i don't recall anything being wrong with it. Then again I was only 4 at the time, so what would I know? I just remember going to that show in a Red HEMI 500.

Highbanked Hauler

you can see he went into the corner  way to high :o
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 12, 2008, 07:38:21 PM
you can see he went into the cornerĀ  way to high :o
Looked like he was trying to get up on the banked part. Then I'm guessing he hit the brakes when he got near the edge, getting the back end light.

Cool video, though.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Highbanked Hauler

ya it is a cool vidio, to bad they couldn't use the big track
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Tim L

So what happened to this car, was it wrecked? 69_500 says he recalls it being unscathed? But if it was indeed wrecked was it ever repaired?

Tim
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Aero426

It wasn't wrecked.   He still owns the car but it has not been on the road for several years.

Tim L

QuoteIt wasn't wrecked.   He still owns the car but it has not been on the road for several years.

Glad to hear that, there's already enough beat up F6 Daytonas floating around without adding another to the list.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

WB General Lee

Just to add to it. I was standing next to Eric who was doing the commentary on the video in fact I made a few comments on there. What happened was someone told the owner of the Daytona that he could go around the bend over 100mph. He lost control but the car was fine. In fact sorry to report the owner just passed away last week:( What is ironic is right after that I took my Superbird around the high bank at 160mph and got kicked out. I ended up changing my license plate and got in the next day lol. The white Superbird is Johns Sox and Martin replica.

Ghoste

I was there that weekend as well.  Out of curiousity WB, what color was your Superbird?

WB General Lee

Lime Green 440+6. John is my neighbor.