News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1966 charger luggage rack?

Started by Rolling_Thunder, February 23, 2012, 01:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

Not from Dodge.  I wouldn't be surprised you could through the aftermarket but I've never seen it even in period magazines and catalogs.

v21hemicharger

My Grandfather had one on his 66.  He was a Salesman at the Dodge dealer and bought the car at about 18 months old.  He may have added it but it certainly looked factory to my memory.

ChgrSteve67

Would not surprise me if the dealer didn't have a generic one they could install.

There was no option for the Charger that I know of.

Ghoste

A383wing will know for sure.  I'm surprised he hasn't spotted this thread yet.

A383Wing

Just saw the thread...

No luggage rack option for 66 or 67 Charger....if someone had one on a car....it was after market or dealer installed from another body style

the main reason these cars had the fold down panel between the trunk & interior was to put more luggage or camping stuff in there....if ya need that more room for stuff to put on the trunk lid, get a truck  :smilielol:

Bryan

ChgrSteve67

As I sit here typing a smart ass comment to help bring closure to this thread I have decided against it feeling it will only be misconstrued in a negative way towards my buddy Bryan.

The MAN, The MYTH, The LEGEND!

A383Wing

You need to stop thinking, Steve....it ain't one of yer better qualities

Bryan (stopped thinking years ago..it just got me into more trouble)

Hobbles

Ya know? I have a 66, And i cant think of ONE good reason i would ever put a luggage rack on it.

Not that i am saying anything bad about someone that wants to............Just wondering why you would?

All those cars need is a driver. Otherwise, They do all the " Good Looks " On their own lol.

Ghoste

Big Sugar

The Hemi spoiler could also be used to keep your luggage from sliding off the trunk lid/.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b