News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CHRGR SE's 1973 Charger SE restoration thread

Started by CHRGR SE, July 12, 2008, 02:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHRGR SE

Quote from: FLG on August 26, 2008, 07:13:21 PM
Looking good.

Can you post up where you order (ed) the replacement parts your going to install and how they fit? Would be good for future reference when us 3rd gen guys are looking for replacement panels.

Certainly.  ;D The trunk floor is by AMD. The front portion (about 6 inches) can be seen sitting in the back seat area. The main bodyman chopped it from the AMD trunk floor because the contour in that section is different from the original in my car. I would have ordered the RT repair panel for the trunk floor but AMD only has prototypes. Thanks to your info, a replacement left quarter skin from Tabco ships tomorrow bound for Barry's in Corona. I'll post info after they section the left side.
Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

CHRGR SE

"New" door installed, patches being worked in, 9/05/08:

Quote from: FLG on August 26, 2008, 07:13:21 PM
Looking good.

Can you post up where you order (ed) the replacement parts your going to install and how they fit? Would be good for future reference when us 3rd gen guys are looking for replacement panels.

The tip you gave me with the quarter skins netted a "beautiful part" in the way of a left quarter skin from Tabco. The bodyshop owner said the lines were good and it welded into the car nicely last week. The right trunk drop from Jim's (Mopar Authentic Restoration) fit perfectly and was also welded in last week. I'll have more pics tomorrow after checking out the progress for myself. The basic bodywork will be done in approx. two weeks and then it makes a trip down the street for a few more mods before ready for paint.

no318

Can you post or email some pics of the firewall and inner fenders now?  I am trying to fill the holes that are not factory in mine, but am not positive of which ones need to stay and which need to go.  THANKS.

CHRGR SE

Tabco left quarter skin and M.A.P. right trunk drop now installed, 9/19/08:

Quote from: no318 on September 19, 2008, 06:29:10 AM
Can you post or email some pics of the firewall and inner fenders now?  I am trying to fill the holes that are not factory in mine, but am not positive of which ones need to stay and which need to go.  THANKS.

Snapped a couple of shots and emailed em to ya. Lemme know if you need any other specific shots.

CHRGR SE

charger_cody

Did you get that bulge hood out of a junk yard?

Cody

69bronzeT5

Quote from: CHRGR SE on April 29, 2009, 06:04:28 PM
December 15, 2008 ~ 9 donor cars later...

9 donor cars!!! :o Did they all end up being junked after?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69*F5*SE

Looks like some good work being done there.   :2thumbs:

Fitz73Chrgr

December!?!? Oh come on! We need more recent pics than that!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

CHRGR SE

Quote from: charger_cody on April 29, 2009, 09:42:51 PM
Did you get that bulge hood out of a junk yard?

Cody

Stephens Performance brought it to me at last year's Spring Fling.

CHRGR SE

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on April 29, 2009, 10:35:47 PM
December!?!? Oh come on! We need more recent pics than that!

It's chillin' while they finish another car. It should be in final primer soon. :)

CHRGR SE

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 29, 2009, 09:50:52 PM
Quote from: CHRGR SE on April 29, 2009, 06:04:28 PM
December 15, 2008 ~ 9 donor cars later...

9 donor cars!!! :o Did they all end up being junked after?

Actually, they were all junked prior to me pirating parts. 9 donors and 3 new sheet metal parts went into reconstructing mine.

CHRGR SE

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on April 29, 2009, 10:01:18 PM
Looks like some good work being done there.   :2thumbs:

They have won many awards for their work so I am hoping for gold once it starts being shown. If anyone wants the spreadsheet of the parts and sources for the buildup, drop me an email.

Death1970Proof

Looks great! Looks like you are doing away with the marker lights, good call! The marker lights are cheesy looking after '71.
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

irish_in_ny