News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Memphis' 70 resto-mod

Started by Memphis Mopar, February 28, 2012, 08:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphis Mopar

Yesterday my 70 went to the shop. Josh who is the same guy who did bobby's 69 charger will be doing the resto. This has been a long time coming and was put on the back burner for a while because of a divorce. The direction that the project will be going is geared towards a resto-mod. The car is being sand blasted then the metal work will begin. I am super excited pictures will be posted as progress is made.

Memphis Mopar

This is a concept that I came up with and the finished product was done by our very own ds440. I had many ideas and to see it come to life before the project was started was a big motivator for me.

Indygenerallee

I like the wheels, black paint, tail stripe but that red vinyl top is not doing it for myself personally. Good luck!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

nvrbdn

its definately different with the top color.as i stare at it,it grows on me.are you going with the charcoal interior, or black? looks like it will be a fun project.nice detail in the drawings.keep the pic's coming :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Memphis Mopar

Actually the top will not be vinyl. It is going to painted a brandywine color and well as the tail stripe. the vinyl trim will be used as basically paint dividers.  The seats will be black with the inserts being as close to a color of brandywine as possible

nvrbdn

i was wondering about paint since the seams wern't on the top with all the detail on the interior. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Kern Dog

Nice ideas. The colors are interesting and reversible if you ever sell the car to someone with different tastes!

bill440rt

What's the wheel choice? Brand, size?
Looks like from the drawings that you are leaving the body largely intact with no mods? I like that for sure.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Memphis Mopar

The wheels are going to be Foose Knights. Wheel size has not been finalized as of yet. Leaning towards 17 x 7 up front and 18 x 10 or 18 x 12 in the back.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Indygenerallee on February 28, 2012, 08:44:25 PM
I like the wheels, black paint, tail stripe but that red vinyl top is not doing it for myself personally. Good luck!

I agree. A dark red interiour would be cool though to me.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Bobby41909

Jason,

Glad to see you started a thread.  Looking forward to following your build both here and in person.  I saw the stripped down version Saturday at Josh's shop and it's looking great (progress).  I dropped off my new project, a '51 Ford F1 pickup that I am redoing as an old school hot rod (satin black paint, red interior, red wheels with 3" whitewalls...you get the idea) .  So I had the opportunity to check yours out.  Looking good :yesnod:

I really like what your planning to do with this Charger, especially the painted top.  Has that old school look but updated which goes extremely well with the rest of your pro-touring theme.  I am excited to watch the progress and eventually cruise around town with you!   

Memphis Mopar

Bob,
     Just wanted to say a big thank you. If not for you and your Charger project,  I would have never met Josh. I went to the shop on Tuesday and spent a few hours with Josh. He went over the entire car and what his plans are for all the metal work and the first phase of the resto. He took the time to explain things in great detail. I also got to see your Ford pick up. Looks like that is gonna be a nice project. Hope we can meet up sometime at the shop.

thedodgeboys

That looks pretty cool

what are your build plans for parts and mods?

Memphis Mopar

As always things are always subject to change but for now the direction will be a AlterKtion front end suspension and a 4 link rear suspension. Disc break set up all the way around with the hydroboost. A Tremec 5 speed. After market classic or vintage AC. leaning towards a custom dash and center console. The power plant will be either a stroker 512 or the new 7.0 gen lll 426 Hemi, that is still to be decided but I like the EFI set-up. A few of the body mods that I am looking to do is recessed door handles, changing the lights in the tail panel (see AKA punishment) and changing the front headlights to HID or maybe the new Challenger setup and running fog lights instead of the parking lights.

Memphis Mopar

A few pics to start

Memphis Mopar

starting to see what is underneath..

Memphis Mopar

got mud?   thank God for AMD!

Memphis Mopar

Easter bunny showed up early with my AMD parts!

Memphis Mopar

:yesnod:

Budnicks

:hah:  Damn I love the looks of the concept drawing, good luck with the build & Happy Moparing
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looks like there was a wing on those quarters at one time?  :scope:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Memphis Mopar

Yes there was, bought it from the previous owner that way. I have no use for the wing so if someone needs one let me know. I will let it go cheap

nvrbdn

watch out for the pm's they should come hot and heavy now. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House