News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Memphis' 70 resto-mod

Started by Memphis Mopar, February 28, 2012, 08:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Yeah, I know the feeling my credit cards were smoken' for a while there... Memphis Spend away, I'm kind of a sponsor...LOL... I like Tropicana, I buy a couple big bottles/jugs pretty much everytime I go to the store...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Memphis Mopar

@ Budnicks..Thanks for being a Tropicana Customer!! I have been with them since 1995.. 17 years down only 25 more to go.  :cheers:

Memphis Mopar

Here are few updates.

Memphis Mopar

:cheers:

Memphis Mopar

Here is the deck lid hinges installed. I will get better pics for those who were interested. I have not been up to see the car in 2 months. My builder sustained an injury to his hand so progress slowed a bit. Josh is back in full swing and moving forward. I am going up sometime next week and will get some more shots of the deck lid hinges.  Also a pic of the gas cap. I know it is different but I like the look.  :cheers:

WHITE AND RED 69

Looking good! I'm diggin the gas cap. Can you get some close up shots of it? And details on who made it?  :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Memphis Mopar

@ White And Red.. Just google it "Drake Gas Cap Challenger" there are quite of few web sites that carry it. I do not remember off hand which vendor I ordered the gas cap thru.  :cheers:

JB400

I'm liking the way this one is looking :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

Indygenerallee

Yes that gas cap looks nice!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

garner7555

Looks great!!  In the picture it looks like the gas cap is a direct bolt on (no modification to quarter). Is it actually that simple?
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Indygenerallee

I found one and it just had the Mopar "M" looked really good, looks like that is the stock filler quarter opening. I am sure the bolt holes would be different, It could not be that easy!!  :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Memphis Mopar

@ Garner.. There was some modifications made to the quarter to make this gas cap and housing fit. Center section had to be cut out and underneath the panel (inside trunk) had to be modded so the gas cap housing could be attached.  :cheers:

garner7555

I didn't think it would be that simple, but I couldn't see any modifications to the top of the 1/4 panel.  Still looks like a pretty simple install (easier than I would expect since its designed for the modern challenger).  Looks great!!  I may be in the market for one of these!
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: Memphis Mopar on February 06, 2013, 09:19:29 PM
@ Budnicks..Thanks for being a Tropicana Customer!! I have been with them since 1995.. 17 years down only 25 more to go.  :cheers:
:2thumbs: I love the stuff...LOL...

Memphis Mopar

Thanks to all for the positive comments!  :cheers:

Memphis Mopar

:scratchchin:

WHITE AND RED 69

I usually don't try to tell people what to do on their cars but...Don't do it.   :Twocents:   The original rendering with the stock handles fit the look. The little bit of chrome from the handles add to the character of the car.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

JB400

If you want flush door handles with the muscle car look, how about these from Kindig It?  http://www.kindigit.com/store.php  Kinda pricey, but look cool. :coolgleamA:

Memphis Mopar

@ White and Red..I would agree with you if I was taking the car back original condition. @ Stroker..I did look into the kindig handles. Yes they are a bit pricey but in the end I liked the 2008-2010 challenger handles better.  :cheers:

1974dodgecharger

Patronus

Why don't ya just use the panel itself for the handle. Just a flush rectangle of panel in the door.. Currently trying to convince my bro to do the same using a dash with-in an AAR stripe...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Memphis Mopar

I got the door skin cut outs thru Cleveland Pick a Parts. ( 2008-2010 Challenger ) Already mocked up  :cheers:

Memphis Mopar

A few more parts showed up.. ;)