News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona body for sale over on moparts....

Started by hemi68charger, March 01, 2012, 05:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Anyone know of this? Must be a near perfect body for that sort of green,,,

... FOR SALE 1969 DODGE DAYTONA BODY only $89,900.00 FIRM NO Pictures!!! 805.358.3547 ask for Pat or 818.425.3967 ask for Mark
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

I'm sending him a check for $90,000, written in crayon on construction paper.  I figure the guy's legit enough I don't need pictures ahead of time.

Ghoste

I don't get it, is he firm on the price or is he firm about no pictures?  Or does he mean its 89,000 if you want it firm (as opposed to a soft body)?  Or does he mean Firm?  No and he just forgot to add the question mark?  Who owns it?  Pat?  Mark?
Why does it have to be so complicated.

FJMG

I do not understand what is confusing, pat and mark were born in 1969, need money and are willing to offer their "firm" bodies to daytona enthusiasts by having dodge painted on pat's body and daytona painted on mark's body. Or was that dodge on mark's body and daytona on pat's body? You know what Ghoste? You are right, confusing.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

Not sure.. I'm just the messenger.........

Maybe he's an old-timer who doesn't have a camera and doesn't wanna be bothered by it. He's rather just talk on the phone instead of countless emails back and forth....... There was a day when people bought things after talking on the phone after all...... Ya know, before the age of the internet and digital cameras...........

If someone reads it and is interested enough, they'll call him.........

Interesting too I just noticed on the front end of the Superbird clone project for-sale ad the Daytona ad was attached to... This Superbird clone has the cutout in the fenders like a Daytona... Wonder why they did that? Make it more like a Daytona, thought they were cool?  :shruggy:

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

dreamcatcher

Or maybe he is talkin a different kind of firm...I've had THAT kind of firm before too buying site unseen  :P
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Ghoste

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 01, 2012, 07:32:42 PM
Not sure.. I'm just the messenger.........

Maybe he's an old-timer who doesn't have a camera and doesn't wanna be bothered by it. He's rather just talk on the phone instead of countless emails back and forth....... There was a day when people bought things after talking on the phone after all...... Ya know, before the age of the internet and digital cameras...........

And our own Maxwell Wedge did just teach us a good lesson about that.  Still it seems like a bunch of money for a shell you cant see.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJMG on March 01, 2012, 06:30:02 PM
I do not understand what is confusing, pat and mark were born in 1969, need money and are willing to offer their "firm" bodies to daytona enthusiasts by having dodge painted on pat's body and daytona painted on mark's body. Or was that dodge on mark's body and daytona on pat's body? You know what Ghoste? You are right, confusing.
kinda pricey but if they are firm & hot maybe petty bird & i can buy them together
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Hemi Runner

For 89K in this market, the bare shell better be fresh out of the paint booth and ready to assemble :nana:

hemi68charger

Quote from: dreamcatcher on March 01, 2012, 07:36:11 PM
Or maybe he is talkin a different kind of firm...I've had THAT kind of firm before too buying site unseen  :P

Oh, didn't mean it was priced cheap....... I agree with most, it's more than I would pay for a shell, regardless of the "market"....  But, I do understand where he's coming from... He's probably had all sorts of people trying to "low-ball" him.... I love it when people mention to me about this or that Daytona that sold for this or that price........... Well,,,, I just tell 'em, "go find one" ...............  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

Davtona

Just throwing this out there. :Twocents: He may not want to post pictures to eliminate all the debate and controversy that these Daytona auctions/sales cause. Everybody has there own opinion on these cars, their condition and value and some can be really blunt and unconstructive. Really the only comments he may want to hear are from a serious buyer. The connection can be done over the phone and then pictures emailed to a serious buyer. If I were a serious buyer I would want to see it in person as well as in pictures anyway. I know when I sold one I did not want to make a spectacle of it. Why do that? I just wanted to find the car a good home for a fair price. Its his car and he can do what he wants. Having said that I do wish he would have listed the color, trans, and such as I am as curious as everbody else. I'll bet its worth 90K if it would be a J code car. Whats the phone number.  :lol:

Old Moparz

Quote from: Davtona on March 01, 2012, 11:06:52 PM
Just throwing this out there. :Twocents: He may not want to post pictures to eliminate all the debate and controversy that these Daytona auctions/sales cause. Everybody has there own opinion on these cars, their condition and value and some can be really blunt and unconstructive. Really the only comments he may want to hear are from a serious buyer. The connection can be done over the phone and then pictures emailed to a serious buyer. If I were a serious buyer I would want to see it in person as well as in pictures anyway. I know when I sold one I did not want to make a spectacle of it. Why do that? I just wanted to find the car a good home for a fair price. Its his car and he can do what he wants. Having said that I do wish he would have listed the color, trans, and such as I am as curious as everbody else. I'll bet its worth 90K if it would be a J code car. Whats the phone number.  :lol:

Serious seller or not, he's probably had a bunch of calls from the picture collectors & dreamers. Selling things can be a hassle at times & the people who waste your time can be very annoying. Over the years I've found it easier to describe the general condition, put a price on it, provide a link to a photo album with pictures of everything, & state that I prefer to have the buyer see it in person so there is no conflict of opinions. It's worked well so far & has weeded out the people who waste time.

Ads without photos are surprising these days, but there are still many sellers that don't include them. If you can type an ad online, adding at least 1 pic is easy & should be done, even if a friend with a cell phone camera snaps it & emails it to you.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

71gtx

Quote from: pettybird on March 01, 2012, 05:15:21 PM
I'm sending him a check for $90,000, written in crayon on construction paper.  I figure the guy's legit enough I don't need pictures ahead of time.

:2thumbs: :smilielol: :icon_smile_big:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 02, 2012, 07:07:44 AM
Quote from: Davtona on March 01, 2012, 11:06:52 PM

Serious seller or not, he's probably had a bunch of calls from the picture collectors & dreamers. Selling things can be a hassle at times & the people who waste your time can be very annoying. Over the years I've found it easier to describe the general condition, put a price on it, provide a link to a photo album with pictures of everything, & state that I prefer to have the buyer see it in person so there is no conflict of opinions. It's worked well so far & has weeded out the people who waste time.

Ads without photos are surprising these days, but there are still many sellers that don't include them. If you can type an ad online, adding at least 1 pic is easy & should be done, even if a friend with a cell phone camera snaps it & emails it to you.

Exactly !
:iagree:

I think he just wants attention.

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 01, 2012, 07:32:42 PM

Interesting too I just noticed on the front end of the Superbird clone project for-sale ad the Daytona ad was attached to... This Superbird clone has the cutout in the fenders like a Daytona... Wonder why they did that? Make it more like a Daytona, thought they were cool?  :shruggy:

Maybe he was tired of the fender tops staying too clean everytime he drove through a puddle, or some dust...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on March 01, 2012, 08:10:26 PM
kinda pricey but if they are firm & hot maybe petty bird & i can buy them togethet

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on March 02, 2012, 10:03:14 AM
kinda pricey but if they are firm & hot maybe petty bird & i can buy them togethet

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on March 02, 2012, 10:13:52 AM

Stuart, are you losing your eyesight in addition to the mind that's been misplaced for years?
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 02, 2012, 11:49:03 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 02, 2012, 10:13:52 AM

Stuart, are you losing your eyesight in addition to the mind that's been misplaced for years?
:smilielol: :smilielol: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

gtx6970

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 01, 2012, 05:11:58 PM
Anyone know of this? Must be a near perfect body for that sort of green,,,

... FOR SALE 1969 DODGE DAYTONA BODY only $89,900.00 FIRM NO Pictures!!! 805.358.3547 ask for Pat or 818.425.3967 ask for Mark

asking and getting - usually 2 very different amounts

68 Bullitt Charger

Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!