News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona clone or leave it be?

Started by Indygenerallee, March 02, 2012, 10:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

Yes, it is the small parts and not that many to do that place them on the "not to do list". Mine require huge boxes and they have to be poured hotter than normal (aluminum) because of the thickness (thin). I'm so happy they are getting done. Most likely my last wings for a while, because I have to finish my Daytona :)

I'm impressed with the work Indygenerallee is doing - incredible talent.

Dane

Patronus

A sad day. Glad you get some time to your own projects now. I've never met you (Mr. Dane) but thank you for your hard work. Many have mentioned your name when it comes to quality parts. Were you to start again, count me in.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Indygenerallee

Dane, Thanks for the kind words! If my Daytona comes out looking as good as your yellow Daytona I will be smiling ear to ear!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Daytona Guy

Grinding away - me covered in the black aluminum shavings on an 80 degree day :)

Dane

Indygenerallee

Dane, Looks great!!! Can't wait to get it!!  :2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 11, 2012, 01:46:02 AM
Grinding away - me covered in the black aluminum shavings on an 80 degree day :)

Dane

That's not fun.  It sure is looking good though. :2thumbs:

oldcarnut

Quote from: Ghoste on July 11, 2012, 10:47:10 AM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 11, 2012, 01:46:02 AM

Dane

That's not fun.  It sure is looking good though. :2thumbs:
Ditto on the not fun and looking good.  I remember repair grinding, hand filing, and bringing in the pitches to spec on many a submarine and ship propeller on hot days and having the skin between your toes and other places turn green from sweat, brass, and bronze dust.

Indygenerallee

Guy's I have every single Daytona piece EXCEPT the A pillar trim, who makes the best fitting ones? And does anyone have a set they would be willing to part with?  :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 14, 2012, 06:08:13 PM
Guy's I have every single Daytona piece EXCEPT the A pillar trim, who makes the best fitting ones? And does anyone have a set they would be willing to part with?  :2thumbs:

There are several people making them.

I haven't seen a set yet that I'm impressed with.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Indygenerallee

I have a lead on a set of Eric Nelson A-pillar trim

BigBlockSam

yea those are his . they fit great and look great . good price too

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 14, 2012, 08:08:51 PM
I have a lead on a set of Eric Nelson A-pillar trim

I bought some parts from that guy... :scratchchin:

Once... ::)

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 14, 2012, 10:07:33 PM
yea those are his . they fit great and look great . good price too

I think Larry's parts are OK when he's on his meds. :apimp:

At least one member here had a set of his that didn't look right at all. :eek2:

The top had a big upward bulge to it.

I just can't take the chance he'll get his dosage right. ::)

Indygenerallee

BigBlockSam

QuoteI think Larry's parts are OK when he's on his meds. apimp

At least one member here had a set of his that didn't look right at all. eek

The top had a big upward bulge to it.

I just can't take the chance he'll get his dosage right. Roll Eyes

:scratchchin: i heard the opposite about larry's a moldings  . Larry is a perfectionist with his parts and he guarantee's them .the guy should have sent them back to him . he stands behind hid parts . his sold a lot of them . i dig mine  :Twocents:  

Daytona R/T SE

Indygenerallee

Yeah that's the pic I saw before!! Looks like utter shit....

BigBlockSam

yep thats ugly . looks like it got smashed , maybe in shipping . ups just distroyed a guitar i sold . i got nothing to gain by sticking up for larrys work . i know some of you gays don't like him . he can be a pain in the ass but i know he would have never sent that out like that . he's a perfectionist . his sold over 100
100 pf these and i don't see many complaints . look st the one on ebay . they don't ;ook like that . and look at mine they don't look like that either .that's an old pic during mock up. they look even better now :cheers:

Indygenerallee

Rene, I resent the GAY comment I figured you would been more understanding of us GAYS!!!   :rofl: :lol: :smilielol: You have any close up shot of your trim?????

BigBlockSam

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE