News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona clone or leave it be?

Started by Indygenerallee, March 02, 2012, 10:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 26, 2013, 04:02:46 PM
They are 69 AMD fenders and since I could not find any decent 70's and I already had these I decided to modify them to 70's I have the filler panels for the sidemarkers and the 69 bumper recess made just need to get them welded in, The bottom of the front fenders are already modified and the valance panel bolts on perfect.

No... ;)

I was referring to the jacked up front wheel wells on that Duketona thing with the

lime green wing on it that Bryan posted a picture of... :eek2:

Your modified AMD fenders intrigue me... ;) :coolgleamA:

loudmouthaussie

Yeah i know bryan i was being silly. See whos been on here for a few years ;-)
Duktona thread was always entertaining :-)
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

Indygenerallee

WTF???  :lol: :smilielol: I have seen the "Duketona" a few times and never noticed the front fenders (I guess that big ass green wing on a General Lee kinda steers yours eyes elsewhere!!) Looks like someone had a few Jack & Cokes and broke out the sawzall..
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

loudmouthaussie

yeah from memory the front fenders had been modified for whatever reason and he decided to leave them. pretty sure the car had been in one of the later dukes movies (?)

sorry for the thread jackin ;)
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

djcarguy

Lots of great pics an links,to help anyone thinking of building a Daytona custom .   :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

500Jon

oops, too much opening or not enough?
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

farm966

Maybe the Duketona was a 4x4 once upon a time too...needed more clearance for them der tires....I am a redneck too so I can poke fun at myself.

charger chris

On my way to buy this car and figer out the best way to move it to my house.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

charger chris

Car is payed and everything is a go :cheers: :2thumbs: now I have two cars to do :drool5:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

JR

Cool, got any current progress pics of this car Chris? How much does it need?
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

charger chris

The car is in need of some work it sit as it last posted. But I will post pics of it when I get it home.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

djcarguy

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 500Jon on January 26, 2017, 10:35:51 AM
oops, too much opening or not enough?

Depends on the size tire I guess, I can run a stock car tire on a ten inch rim with my flares..
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

charger chris

Well I have it at the house finally. I will start a new post on this car. It will be a Daytona still but it will give me a lot of info. That I need for the 70 charger. :2thumbs:  :cheers:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

charger chris

So that brings this thread to a end.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Stevearino

Quote from: charger chris on April 02, 2017, 01:12:19 PM
So that brings this thread to a end.
[/quote

Can't wait to see you pick up the ball and run with it.

charger chris

I can't wait to get started on it I have all most all the parts he pulled off it I am working on getting back. It's funny I got the parts for my other car and now they are going back on this can lol. :smilielol:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone