News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Charger Wanted ads

Started by 1968Coronet500, March 02, 2012, 07:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968Coronet500

I've noticed some ads are over a year old; still being refreshed by the member.   And spoke with 2 guys with what they stated were budgets; depending on how nice the car was.

Turns out 1 was a Max of $16,000 and the other guy didn't actually have any money at all to spend.  To save the selling members from waisting their time; can it be a requirement that someone posting a Wanted Charger ad have proof for the moderator that they have the Funds??

I personally would love to buy a restored Charger for under $20,000. lol   :cheers:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

My  :Twocents: are that most sellers are dreamers, hoping to get prices they "heard" about, or they saw at Barrett-Jackson, etc.

However, your point is well taken, that surely many of the "wanted" ads are written by teenagers hoping to score a Charger and paint it orange  :scratchchin:

When I was a teenager, I bought my first charger for something like $1,400. Deals like that, simply do not exist today on a car which isn't rusted out, or without a drivetrain.  :yesnod:

But asking for proof of payment ability to run an ad? Seriously?  :popcrn:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on March 02, 2012, 07:49:01 PM
My  :Twocents: are that most sellers are dreamers, hoping to get prices they "heard" about, or they saw at Barrett-Jackson, etc.

However, your point is well taken, that surely many of the "wanted" ads are written by teenagers hoping to score a Charger and paint it orange  :scratchchin:

When I was a teenager, I bought my first charger for something like $1,400. Deals like that, simply do not exist today on a car which isn't rusted out, or without a drivetrain.  :yesnod:

But asking for proof of payment ability to run an ad? Seriously?  :popcrn:

X2 I agree thanks to Barrett Jackson and what not most sellers think they can get an arm and leg for their car just becuase its a charger or something.

You can find one restored for 20k or 25k after the seller has put into it 50k or so. They do pop up on ebay a full rotisseire and what not for 20k, rare, yes, but it does come up. I can recall the top off my had 3 that did sell and go for 25k or so after seller put in 50k or so for full rotissiere.

Most sellers need to realize most buyers dont have 20k lying around in cash when they did a full rotissiere over 2 years in payments or something and expect a 100% PLUS return in a value its not gonna happen.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 1968Coronet500 on March 02, 2012, 07:41:16 PM
I've noticed some ads are over a year old; still being refreshed by the member.   And spoke with 2 guys with what they stated were budgets; depending on how nice the car was.

Turns out 1 was a Max of $16,000 and the other guy didn't actually have any money at all to spend.  To save the selling members from waisting their time; can it be a requirement that someone posting a Wanted Charger ad have proof for the moderator that they have the Funds??

I personally would love to buy a restored Charger for under $20,000. lol   :cheers:

Market is super small for 20K projects with no drivetrain even a V code. Maybe a rust free car, but not one needing the AMD catalogue.
:Twocents:

Troy

:hah:
Quote from: 1968Coronet500 on March 02, 2012, 07:41:16 PM
can it be a requirement that someone posting a Wanted Charger ad have proof for the moderator that they have the Funds??
Uh, negatory. The less we have to intervene in the Classifieds the better. If you guys want to chip in say $100 per ad maybe it would be worth some verification. However, since we do this for free you get what you pay for.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.