News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1950 Chevy Truck barn find

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, March 04, 2012, 10:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

Picked this truck up yesterday in southern AZ. I guess you could call it a barn find survivor. 1 owner 49,000 miles been sitting under a carport next to the barn for about 30 yrs. Tires were still full of air.  Apparently the the owner got a new truck and just drove this under the carport and parked it. I have yet to find a dent on this truck, not even on the bed rails and zero rust holes,only surface rust. They also let us dig through the 2 old barns and I picked up a bunch of old oil cans and a old signs from a truck stop (Diesel 18 1/2 cents a gallon  :brickwall: ) they owned in the 50's. Going to go back in a couple weeks and dig through some more stuff. They had an old Fridge in the house that looked like new and was made by International Harvester! I will bring that home on the next trip. All in all a great day full of stories from an old timer that lived a life most could only dream of.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Ghoste

Paint it faded dull red and slap a sticker on the tailgate that says "Will the last person in Seattle please turn out the lights". :2thumbs:

68coronetGLwannabe

Nice DMCL reference.  :2thumbs:

I was thinking about having my trucking company name painted in faded old style look on the doors.
"That's us in 10 years".

Ghoste

Todd Wilson

Looks like a great old truck.  Have you tried to start it up?  Parts for that style chevy are out there. Lots of repro stuff being done.

Get that IH frig if you can!

Todd

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Todd Wilson on March 04, 2012, 11:26:18 AM
Looks like a great old truck.  Have you tried to start it up?  Parts for that style chevy are out there. Lots of repro stuff being done.

Get that IH frig if you can!

Todd

Haven't tried to start it yet, need to go get a 6 volt battery. They told me I could have the fridge next time I come down. Did a little research on the fridge and they seem to be quit collectible.  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

73rallye440magnum

Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

stripedelete

68 Bullitt Charger

Restore it to stock spec's and drive it!, NO TRAILER!   Good luck.
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

nvrbdn

that is a great find. neat old truck. could be a great cruiser. love the idea of painting the business name in faded dull paint.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Awsome find  :2thumbs: May I ask how much you got it for?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

68coronetGLwannabe

Its now running and moving on its own power. Just no brakes. The motor runs nice and smooth.  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 04, 2012, 06:36:08 PM
Awsome find  :2thumbs: May I ask how much you got it for?

Paid $1000.00 for it.
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

It now runs, drives and stops.  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

Cooter

I'm afraid I see one of two things in that trucks future....EBay or all the fenders removed, blown V8, with multiple carb's, loud exhaust, big, fat, wide, tires on the rear, and flat black paint job....Cool find though.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

PocketThunder

got pics of the binder fridge?..??   :drool5:  :drool5:  :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 04, 2012, 09:15:35 PM
got pics of the binder fridge?..??   :drool5:  :drool5:  :drool5:

No pics but hope to be back down there in a couple weeks to get it.
"That's us in 10 years".

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Cooter on March 04, 2012, 09:13:44 PM
I'm afraid I see one of two things in that trucks future....EBay or all the fenders removed, blown V8, with multiple carb's, loud exhaust, big, fat, wide, tires on the rear, and flat black paint job....Cool find though.

This truck is way to original to do any of the above to it. So it wont happen as long I own it. I have a couple friends that really would like to have it, so if I did sell it one of them would probably end up with it So no butchering or eBay nonsense to deal with.
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

"That's us in 10 years".

skip68

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet truck Wade.   You the man x10.5. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Road Dog

Only makes left hand turns? :shruggy: Still a good deal for a grand. :2thumbs:
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Road Dog on March 06, 2012, 07:49:26 AM
Only makes left hand turns? :shruggy: Still a good deal for a grand. :2thumbs:

It turns right also. It was Sunday afternoon and I had been watching Nascar go left all day.  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

Topher

THAT is just too COOOOL! Congrats on a great score.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com