News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone got a Tubo Action Cheetah shifter? Others?

Started by b5blue, March 12, 2012, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I'm ditching my console and shifter setup as just too expensive to restore. Anyone use a Cheetah by Turbo Action? Pics would be great if you have one in a 2nd gen Charger. Any problems or issues? Got one to sell? Suggestions on other brands?  I'm open for options!   :scratchchin:  (I really like the old Hurst Dual Gate also but they seem to be collectors items now!)

RECHRGD

Here's mine.  I like it and have had no problems.  I also like the way the cable attaches from the rear of the tranny, keeping it away from the headers.  I mounted my tach to the front of it....
13.53 @ 105.32

b5blue

firefighter3931

I luv my Winters Sidewinder. It also has a rear cable/linkage setup similar to the Cheetah.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

b5blue

charge1

Rechrgd  any others pics of the shifter installed in the car

thanks

Quote from: RECHRGD on March 13, 2012, 11:22:22 AM
Here's mine.  I like it and have had no problems.  I also like the way the cable attaches from the rear of the tranny, keeping it away from the headers.  I mounted my tach to the front of it....

RECHRGD

Quote from: charge1 on March 14, 2012, 04:20:59 PM

thanks

Not on this computer.  I'm out of town until early next week and I can take some when I get home.  Any particular view your after or just a close up shot?    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

BSB67

Here is mine.   Simple to use, cheap, and works perfect every time.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

oldkimmer

...............I've used a few cheetah shifters, they are by far the very best, once u have 1 u will never use anything else ever...............kim........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charge1

Im looking to see where and how you mounted it. Just bought a Hurst Quarter stick and am thinking of returning it for something else

Quote from: RECHRGD on March 14, 2012, 07:45:21 PM
Quote from: charge1 on March 14, 2012, 04:20:59 PM

thanks

Not on this computer.  I'm out of town until early next week and I can take some when I get home.  Any particular view your after or just a close up shot?    Bob

64dartgt

This is where the third gen guys made out.  I love the Slap Stick in my 73.  :coolgleamA:

SRT-440

I'm prolly going with a cheetah shifter soon also...currently I'm using a B&M Megashifter and it doesn't work very good..hard to find gears and no matter how much we play with the cable we CANNOT get it to manually shift down into first. So, it's on the list of things I've replaced once and gonna have to replaced yet again.  :brickwall:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

b5blue

I've had ratchet type shifters and got sick of all the clicking up and down, others look like 4 speed wanna-be's.  :lol:

MSRacing89

We run a Turbo Action surrounded by a custom console. I switched out the momentary switch for an off/on, for the Gear Vendors.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

b5blue

Nice! Can it be true....I was researching the Sidewinder and Cheetah and someone pointed out they are both adaptations of the same "Garbage truck shifter"!!  :lol: The company's shifter plates consoles and adapters are all they add to the unit.   :scratchchin: