News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Yellow Wing on the Bag

Started by charger_fan_4ever, March 09, 2012, 12:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

WINGIN IT

No don't believe so.
This one was listed previously in October , got 1 bid  at $65K...

Aero426

Looks like a pretty honest car.  I like the leaded nose.    Shouldn't be hard to sell.

charger_fan_4ever

It sounds like its mostly original paint :O

Priced pretty low for what it is. You'd think it would bring in more $ that a restored car.

69_500

So someone bought it after it ran on eBay and is already ready to sell the car. I tried calling about this one when it was on eBay the last time but never got a call back. If I had bought it though you can be assured it would not already be up for sale.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 69_500 on March 09, 2012, 06:00:10 PM
So someone bought it after it ran on eBay and is already ready to sell the car. I tried calling about this one when it was on eBay the last time but never got a call back. If I had bought it though you can be assured it would not already be up for sale.

Do you remember what it sold for ? Couldn't have sold for the 65k mentioned a couple posts back ?  :o

WINGIN IT

It didn't sell in the last auction. It ended with one bid at 65K.
It is now RE-listed from the same user name.
What I think they did is get it up and running / roadworthy, as previous it needed some work.

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on March 09, 2012, 01:16:19 PM

Priced pretty low for what it is. You'd think it would bring in more $ that a restored car.

Nice car, I like it too, looks like a repaint nice old car but really?  Honestly add the cost of the typical A+ resto most want and I am supprised it is past 80k this time compared to other really nice cars out there.  (I rather have Troy's  $ 4 $ if I was a buyer)  Just saying :Twocents:

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on March 09, 2012, 11:25:13 PM

Nice car, I like it too, looks like a repaint nice old car but really?  Honestly add the cost of the typical A+ resto most want and I am supprised it is past 80k this time compared to other really nice cars out there.  (I rather have Troy's  $ 4 $ if I was a buyer)  Just saying :Twocents:

Has a turn key Daytona sold for under 100k in the recent years ? I think this is the 1st sub 120k wing i recall seeing in a long time.

Aero426

The R4 automatic at Russo Steele went for 118k out the door at Russo Steele in January.    All accounts are that it was a nice car. 

FJ5WING

please explain...it is obviously not a true survivor as in not previously restored, but it has been worked over. I see no reason why it would be more valuable than a restored piece.
wingless now, but still around.

69_500

I can think of 2 drivable and presentable Daytona's that have sold in the last year for under 90k.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: 69_500 on March 11, 2012, 08:02:03 AM
I can think of 2 drivable and presentable Daytona's that have sold in the last year for under 90k.

Were these publically traded vehicles or behind the scenes sales?

69_500

Guess you would say they were behind the scenes deals.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: FJ5WING on March 10, 2012, 06:49:08 PM

please explain...it is obviously not a true survivor as in not previously restored, but it has been worked over. I see no reason why it would be more valuable than a restored piece.

I was going by what the ad said.Title of the ad "original unrestored survivor" "not been restored" Pics were not very clear and small. Silly me i was thinking it was an honest description  :slap:

charger_fan_4ever

:popcrn: :popcrn:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on March 12, 2012, 08:33:39 AM

:popcrn: :popcrn:

Current bidding on this car would indicate this seems to be a reasonable / fair market price then .

XS29LA47V21

So I am not a body/paint guy but I could imagine a worse case scenario spending 3-6k if a person wanted to correct and repaint the front clip, which really means more likely a full repaint is needed.  So, do you think the 3-6k is a fair number if you could not do it yourself, what do you think a localized front clip fix back to factory would be? (I am assuming it is an orig stl pcs)

Aero426

I think that kind of budget to return the front clip to stock is realistic.  You don't know what's really under there until you open it up.    That said, I think it is a waste of money unless you are going to restore the whole car.     The car has been this way for decades.   I'd vote to leave it be.   

gtx6970

depends  A LOT on whats under the paint

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Aero426 on March 13, 2012, 08:54:05 AM
I think that kind of budget to return the front clip to stock is realistic.  You don't know what's really under there until you open it up.    That said, I think it is a waste of money unless you are going to restore the whole car.     The car has been this way for decades.   I'd vote to leave it be.   

I agree, that is part of my point/perspective.  Not crazy about that 70s (early80s) fill mods personally, regardless, I would vote leave "as is" also and have fun driving it.  :Twocents:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Aero426 on March 13, 2012, 08:54:05 AM
....  You don't know what's really under there until you open it up.    That said, I think it is a waste of money unless you are going to restore the whole car.     The car has been this way for decades.   I'd vote to leave it be.   

:iagree:

charger_fan_4ever

I guess the market was only willing to pay $82k.

Am I dreaming or were 440 daytona's close to 200k back in the prime ?

wingcarenvy

Quote from: Aero426 on March 10, 2012, 12:50:17 AM
The R4 automatic at Russo Steele went for 118k out the door at Russo Steele in January.    All accounts are that it was a nice car. 

I looked at that one at the Russo Steele auction. It was really nice, details attended to and not your typical auction pig. I was floored when I saw what it hammered for.