News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A request you can't refuse

Started by Drache, March 12, 2012, 09:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

So I just got off the phone with the president of the local car club. He had a request for me that I don't think anyone could refuse.

Seems there is a local boy who has Muscular Dystrophy. Seems all he wants to do is get a ride in a muscle car on our big cruise the day before our car show in May. For some reason the President immediately thought of me.

I checked my schedule and I work that day but I applied for it off so I have to wait and see if it's granted. But I told the President he's more than free to drive my car in the cruise to take the kid for his ride.

When I told my dad this he also volunteered to take my car and the kid on the cruise if the President doesn't want to drive my car.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

cavemanno1

Very noble of you!If i were you I'd organize a monthly cruise for that kid or other kids like him!Every month someone else would do it and it would be priceless for the kids and for them!Kids with disability always appreciate things much more then healthy kids!My little brother is severely dissabled but loves cars so much he always wanna go for a ride!When we took him for a ride in the charger you couldn't hear the engine because he was laughing and screaming of enjoyment so much!When we sold our charger it hurt not just because we had to sell her but because my little brother won't enjoy it any more!

My hat off to you sir and God bless you!

Peter

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

djcarguy

great stuff there,,god bless you guys and the kid..some thing they can enjoy and lift spirits and smiles,maybe give kid a hot wheels car after as a reminder..   good job,thanks..

our topless auto club use to do lots of parades for special people and causes and haul kids with a parent,and we hauled miss oregon teens lots of them,like 8 ragtops full, and dumb ass political jerks sometimes ,not my first idea of fun .

thanks ,,allways help the kids.dj

68RT4ME

Very gracious thing for you to do and an Honor too. Well done. I hope it woks out for you to be there. :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

tan top

:coolgleamA: good for you Drache !! nice one  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

vancamp

model maker

I agree with everyone here, THAT IS A VERY THOUGHTFUL IDEA ! My wife also suffers from a MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY disease that she was diagnosed with when she was Kid  in high school so I know  first hand how small things like that make  A HUGE difference in a persons life, I always worked hard to provide & take care of her & i always thought I knew what being disabled was like UNTIL I was  permanatly disabled in a work injury in 2006 and lost all use of my left arm & hand and live in constant pain from what is called RSD, this crap can spread and destroy nerves & limbs , as it started in my hand with a crush injury & moved slowly up my arm into my shoulder in 3 years time  . I am telling you this because things that can do this to you can happen VERY FAST & your life changes completly ( sorry to talk too much here ) So YES. taking that young man on a cruise  in a Muscle car WILL bring an enormous amount of joy & happiness to him :2thumbs:. If this was something that could be done on a regular basis would make a lot of people happy and really make a difference in their lives ! Can you imagine bringing someone to a CAR SHOW and letting them be a part of the car being on display and just hanging out and being able to talk to people who are looking at the car ? the owner of the car can tell them all the facts about that car & maybe the person can tell the people looking all about the car and then participate in the car show events with the cars owner. I appologize again for being so long winded but this topic just tugged at my emotions. :shortbus: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Maybe even visit a childrens hospital with some classic cars & have a mini car show just for them ?
Bert
MODEL MAKER

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Drache

Ok so here's the full story:

The guy who stored my car for the winter who's name is John, has been friends with Weston's father since they were 3 years old. Weston is 11 years old and confined to a wheel chair. The medication he's on makes him sick every day of his life.

Now here's the disturbing part. At the last car cub meeting that I couldn't go to due to work it seems John got up and talked about Weston and how Weston has Muscular Dystrophy and wants nothing more than to ride in a muscle car. NOT ONE PERSON in our entire car club batted an eye or said anything. No one volunteered! John was disgusted.

So am I for that matter.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

model maker

That is awkward to say the least, Maybe some people feel uneasy about doing something like that Drache. have you had a chance to talk to any of your members ? Perhaps if they see you doing it, that may ease any fears they have. Good for you Drache your willingness to do that shows what a good heart you have :2thumbs:
MODEL MAKER