News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Car insurance?

Started by 7chargers, March 12, 2012, 03:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7chargers

Thanks for all the great replies, I did some research also and decided to go with hagerty since they just seemed to work out well... pretty painless process and vehicles are all insured! :cheers:

Old Moparz

I know you said you picked one, but I'll do my infomercial now.   :D

I've had the same company since 1989, Condon & Skelly, & started out with just one car, my Satellite convertible on the policy for $55 per year for $2500 value. That price went down to $45 when the car turned 25 years old. I added more over the years, & adjusted the value of each one as the market changed. Right now I have 5 cars on the policy ranging in value from $2500 for the rough Coronet convertible project, up to $18,000 for my Road Runner.

The premium for all 5 cars for one year, with full coverage that includes liability, comprehensive, collision, fire, theft, vandalism, glass, spare parts, & some more, is $360. That's cheaper than one rust free fender at a swap meet. They have to be in a locked garage, each driven less than 2500 miles each year, & you must have a daily driver that they want the VIN of as proof. It doesn't matter if it's a finished car, a project, disassembled, or whatever stage it's in, all they need to know is that you are restoring it & that you supply photos of it.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

model maker

Thats a very good deal for 5 cars. I thought it would be  more than that for just one classic car.
MODEL MAKER

Old Moparz

Quote from: model maker on March 17, 2012, 01:02:19 AM
Thats a very good deal for 5 cars. I thought it would be  more than that for just one classic car.

I think the key to keeping the premiums reasonable is to be realistic & not overvalue the vehicle. Can I sell my Road Runner for more than the $18,000 I have it valued at? Maybe, but I only have that amount into it & not looking to make a profit if something happens to it, just fix it or recover my losses.  :Twocents:
               Bob                

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 17, 2012, 09:04:35 AM
Quote from: model maker on March 17, 2012, 01:02:19 AM
Thats a very good deal for 5 cars. I thought it would be  more than that for just one classic car.

I think the key to keeping the premiums reasonable is to be realistic & not overvalue the vehicle. Can I sell my Road Runner for more than the $18,000 I have it valued at? Maybe, but I only have that amount into it & not looking to make a profit if something happens to it, just fix it or recover my losses.  :Twocents:
be carefull though and make sure u can replace it for that incase of total loss fire or whatevr
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

resq302

Last year I paid I think $280 or so for my charger which they set the value at $65,000.  I questioned it and they said that is what the current value was for my charger in the condition it was in.  Who am I to question them?  Besides, like Stuart said, should something happen and I have a total loss, at least I can get another car for that price plus whatever.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Old Moparz

Well, if something did happen to it & it's a total loss, I'm not starting over by replacing it, I'm buying $18,000 worth of Wild Turkey's Rare Breed.   :lol:
               Bob                

myk

Quote from: resq302 on March 17, 2012, 01:41:37 PM
Last year I paid I think $280 or so for my charger which they set the value at $65,000.  I questioned it and they said that is what the current value was for my charger in the condition it was in.  Who am I to question them?  Besides, like Stuart said, should something happen and I have a total loss, at least I can get another car for that price plus whatever.

Heaven forbid something does happen but that's what this insurance is for; if I lose my Charger I could certainly replace it...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Brock Lee

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 16, 2012, 08:57:23 PM
each driven less than 2500 miles each year,

There are years I have put quadruple that on the 69. I wont think twice about taking a trip cross country.  

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I have used the NCM Insurance, underwritten by American Modern. It's agreed value, and pretty straight forward.

Here is the website:

http://www.ncminsurance.com/

Supports a great place, the National Corvette Museum :coolgleamA:

I hope this helps  :cheers:

Stretch

I have had Hagerty for 17 years and never a problem. Fortunately I have never had to make a claim.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!