News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pics of interior, 4/5 spd...

Started by 1968 Charger B5, March 26, 2012, 10:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968 Charger B5

Curious...would some like pictures of 68-70 chargers with 4 or 5 speed, and with or without a console....unsure which i should do...thanks!
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

lloyd3

I'm not having much luck resizing my few interior shots, but I can tell you that my '68 was a console car originally. Unfortunately, the plastic components didn't age very well and it was converted to non-console during the first restoration in the late 1980s.  It is currently C6B blue carpet up to the rubber boot and chrome trim and looks stock.  It adds a fair amount of room in the interior, and as a bigger guy that seems to be a plus for me.  No firsthand experience here, but I have been told (by a fairly credible source) that the shape of the shifter in the console cars had a significant dogleg in it, which contributed significantly to the fatigue of the plastic components surrounding it when shifted hard and fast.  My car was late 1968 production (July 5th) and has the Hurst, rather than the Inland shifter.

A 5-speed would be intriguing to me, since the 4-speed w/ 3.54 gears in the Dana only gets me around 7-8 MPG (w/factory 14-inch rims and nearly stock-sized radial tires).  Anybody have a clue what a Tremec 5 speed with those gears will do?  Another question: what would 15-inch Magnum 500s do for mileage? Maybe help a bit? Obviously, wider tires (60 series) would be a detriment.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T