News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

White Daytona on eBay

Started by Old Moparz, August 04, 2005, 03:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Spotted this one & thought some of you might want to see it. I try to avoid posting auctions, but this is a nice car in a color you don't see. It said it was originally copper, which I think would be nicer, but the white is okay. (I know I could live with it.) I hate to see an auction I'm watching suddenly turn up in front of all the competition, but this one is probbably a very small number of potential buyers. I know at $90,000+ with the reserve not met that I won't be bidding.

**Link Removed**
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 04, 2005, 03:44:26 PM
I know at $90,000+ with the reserve not met that I won't be bidding.

I'm a little short too, so I won't be bidding either. :-\

That's a nice looking Daytona, you don't see 'em white very often.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Daytona Guy

I hate to be a skeptic, but keep your eyes open to what comes out about this. If they did add the air later, they did an impeccable job. Even the fire wall is perfect. You have to change the fire wall or do some incredible fabrication to get that. I'm impressed. I hope this is not a 500 with air made into a Daytona. He needs to give the whole vin. I believe that will tell you. I wonder if it is registered. With that kind of money ya better check it out.

It also appears to not have the original Daytona hood.

Silver R/T

not bad daytona but for the price Id be building one myself
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlockSam

we were talking about this car on the winged warriors board. they fell it's a real daytona but they are checking the numbers. i'll let you know what the out come is. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona Guy

What is the webpage to winged warriors?

RD

does hemigeno know about this? or moparhound? its in missouri ( i know hound is in KC, and geno is in st. louis).
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69_500

Well if his add is correct and it is number 394 on the Daytona shipment list the vin would be XX29L9B414635 and it would be a car that sold origionally in Canada.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Drache

Quote from: 69_500 on August 04, 2005, 06:24:25 PM
Well if his add is correct and it is number 394 on the Daytona shipment list the vin would be XX29L9B414635 and it would be a car that sold origionally in Canada.

Then someone needs to being it back home!  ;D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

hemigeno

Quote from: RD on August 04, 2005, 06:00:08 PM
does hemigeno know about this? or moparhound? its in missouri ( i know hound is in KC, and geno is in st. louis).

I had seen the eBay ad earlier, but I have not seen the car in person.  Blue Springs is over on the KC side of the state, and I don't remember seeing that car at the MonsterMopar show before.

If it is car #394 from the list, it's a Canadian car originally.  My Excel Spreadsheet shipping list is a little different from the actual shipping list, since I've already taken into account the couple of duplicate VIN's and one or two omitted numbers (I forget which).  My list is off by one number, but I forget which direction and all my WW newsletters are at home (I gotta get SOME work done here at the office!!!).

Looks like a nice car, with an exceptional job done on that AC system.  I saw another Daytona this week that has had AC cut in, and the owner had non-stop problems trying to keep the car from overheating.  A Daytona is the last car that needs AC, w/o also installing an aluminum radiator or some other way to keep it cool.

$110,100 and reserve not met...

:popcrn:

69_500

guess i was too lazy then, I can double check the VIN with the newsletters, but since I was sitting here at the computer I just looked over at the spreadsheet.

I do know it would be a Canadian car though with the 414 start of the vin.

but looking at the list again if it is 1 car in either direction it would still be a Canadian Daytona.

Andrew

do you think, one day people will start tur5ning daytonas into chargers because of all this dukes-mainia?

BigBlockSam

all this dukes stuff will pass, chargers will live on   :drive:

mustanghater

thats a nice looking daytona
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

BB1

I live near by there, never seen it.

Your KCK KCM man, the midwest mauler.  :P
Delete my profile

cudaken

Man  :'( that a friend's car, Jim. I have drove the Daytona as well and it is a sweet ride. I just called Jim but got his voice's mail.

Jim got the Daytona out of Canada and a rust free Charger out of Calf. He had to replaces the right frame rail's and rocker. Also did use the fire wall for the AC.

Geno, Jim Daytona was at Monster Mopar in 2002 and 2003 as well.

All I can hope is Jim is selling because he has found something cooler, not because he need's the money. About 2 year's ago the company he worked closed.

Jim took 4 year's to do the work, Daytona was done at his house with help of some friends. Inside look's like it is 1969 again look's perfect.

Cuda Ken :-[
I am back

69_500

So Ken, that is the white Daytona you showed me pictures of when you had my sunroof car there?

cudaken

Yep Dan, that is the same Daytona. You would need to really try to find fault with that Daytona. I just hope Jm has is eye on a Hemi Car to let go of his Daytona.

Cuda Ken
I am back

65post

Quote from: 69_500 on August 04, 2005, 06:24:25 PM
If I am not mistaken this is the same car I went to see in Montreal a few years back.I passed on it because it was a basket case.It had rust everywhere.It was sold to a guy in Ontario .I heard later that it was going to get rebodied.I don`t know if it ever happened.Here is a old ad of the car from many years back before it ended up in Montreal.I talked to this guy a few years ago and he bought it thrashed in a salvage yard that many years ago!The ad reads - for sale for parts or to rebuild.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Oh noooooo.....not a rebody for 120k!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Daytona R/T SE

This Daytona has been hauled off to California where the new owner is attempting to Flip it for $179,000

**Link Removed**

$59K profit For a long drive to Mo. and back?   I Wonder if he even washed it before he started trying to flip it?

hemi68charger

When I talked to him about the car a few weeks ago, he wanted $190K........ We'll see if it sells, he's advertised it a few times.............  Man, I love Daytonas........   :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Daytona R/T SE

I'm thinking that the color change is really going to hurt the value on this one....

hemi68charger

Quote from: cudaken on August 07, 2005, 09:05:22 AM
Man  :'( that a friend's car, Jim. I have drove the Daytona as well and it is a sweet ride. I just called Jim but got his voice's mail.

Jim got the Daytona out of Canada and a rust free Charger out of Calf. He had to replaces the right frame rail's and rocker. Also did use the fire wall for the AC.

Geno, Jim Daytona was at Monster Mopar in 2002 and 2003 as well.

All I can hope is Jim is selling because he has found something cooler, not because he need's the money. About 2 year's ago the company he worked closed.

Jim took 4 year's to do the work, Daytona was done at his house with help of some friends. Inside look's like it is 1969 again look's perfect.

Cuda Ken :-[

This isn't the same Jim with three Daytonas?...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection