News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jeff Scheiter EK2 Superbird restoration begins

Started by Hoser2455, March 31, 2012, 08:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoser2455

Old and new restored dash pictures.

Hoser2455

Scott from ESE & Associates did the dash for me in Chicago.  Scott rebuilt all of the gauges and checked them on his test fixture.  The dash was painted by Blue Star Performance in Chicago also. They both did a real nice job and I was well pleased.

Hoser2455

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70EK2Bird

That is just beautiful.   :cheers:

Someday mine will get that treatment and I hope it comes out just as good.

DAY CLONA

Looks good!....be sure to get rid of the hard edges left by taping off the black out, normally one would backtape to avoid a hardline/edge you'll have to carefully sand/featheredge the hardline, otherwise it will "outline" itself under the decal, the decals film is very thin, and actually magnifies what's under it, so the underlying surface must be smooth/flat :Twocents:

Mike

cjw916

Jeff,

I've been checking for the 'car's all finished' pics, you've got time to get them up now that it's Winter; help a brother out with his Cabin Fever!

Christopher

Hoser2455

Your right Christopher, the car is now mostly done. I just got to drive it the other day for about 5 miles. I drove the car across town with no windshield in it about 20 years ago.  This is the first time the car has been on the road for over 30 years!  I only drove it about 5 miles because of some of the salt on the roads around here yet. Had to go back and wipe it back down real quick, but at least the roads were dry.  I'll start posting some more pictures now.  Here are a few.

Hoser2455

Some more pics.

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

cjw916

Wow, Jeff!

She really looks great! That's the cure for CabinFever I was talking about!

Enjoy her!

billssuperbird

We're can I get the piece of rubber for under the sb from the
K  frame to the nose.

Mopar John

Jeff,
That EK2 Bird looks great! A lot of attention to details. Hope you bring it to Talladega?
MJ

hemigeno

Quote from: billssuperbird on February 05, 2014, 12:03:21 PM
We're can I get the piece of rubber for under the sb from the
K  frame to the nose.

Check with David Patik at Performance Car Graphics.  He puts out the best reproduction of the K-member seal, if I may say so myself.  Whether he will still "post cure" the rubber to replicate how stiff the originals were, I dunno.  Regardless, the rubber David uses (same stuff I spent 9 months researching) is as close as I've ever found to the asbestos-impregnated OE material.

:Twocents:

Oh, and great looking car, Jeff!   :2thumbs:

Dave Kanofsky

NICE!!!

Can't wait to see it in person.

I second that Talladega request!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Hoser2455

Thanks guys I'll try to post some more pictures.

Hoser2455

Bill I got my air duct seals from Dave Patik from Performance Car Graphics in Florida. I bought them about one year ago and at the time he only had two sets left.  At that time he was talking about not having any more made. They are very high quality just like the originals.  Give him a yell and see.  John and Dave I'm hoping to be able to go to Talledega, I have to get a hold of a trailer first.  This restoration kind of wiped me out money wise for a while. Here are some more pictures of the car. 

Hoser2455

Hoser2455

On my interior I have to wipe it down yet as is part of the rest of the car yet. The weather in St. Louis has sucked this year. I went with the original AM radio that came in the car but it has the guts of a AM/FM MP3 player in it from Retro Radio.  I have the dual voice coil speaker in the dash with two 6 x 9's speakers in the back deck.  I mounted the 6 x 9's in their original mounting holes so no drilling or cutting was done.  I drilled 3/16 holes equally spaced in the material of the package tray then covered it back up with the package tray top black material. You can hardly tell there are speakers in the back now. All 4 speakers now have 45 watts per channel going to them.  It isn't the loudest stereo in the world, but when you want some tunes driving it works real well.  Here are a few more pics.

Hoser2455

More pics.

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

FJ5WING

:2thumbs: That's AWESOME!
I was happy to just get my rear suspension hung last weekend.

I cant believe how many pictures I didn't take. I should've been on this site about three years sooner to see how a restoration project is done. :P

wingless now, but still around.