News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mini Starter Question

Started by jessejames, April 28, 2012, 08:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessejames

Running a 440 in a charger. Just found a chrysler starter part#P4510049. Guy says it will fit any mopar application. I ran one of these on a charger I use to have. Dont remember the part number. It looks similar. Will this work?? Any advice or suggetstions??
Thanks!

c00nhunterjoe

not sure about that one but i just went to advance auto and gt one for a 95 dakota with a 318. it was 50 bucks with a lifetime warrenty

Chryco Psycho

the mini fits most applications , the one catch is the mini is actually wider than the large starter so if you have headers , especially hedmans they will hit . You can get them from the wrecking yards as well .

c00nhunterjoe

My hedmans cleared my starter on my 383 until I went to a 4 speed. Now they hit. I havnt swapped the stock starter out yet. That's dissapointing news that the mini starter will still hit