News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starter questions,, dont laugh!

Started by 7chargers, April 29, 2012, 08:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7chargers

Ok, I know most who read this will laugh at me but i guess it's worth it to ensure I installed it correctly. I replaced my started with a new one which if you have headers is a pain the you know what. My questions is the teeth on the starter dont link up with the fly wheel until you turn the key and the starter ingages? When I bolted it in and yes I believe in the correct postion the teeth on the starter set back from the fly wheel. then when power is put to the starter the teeth extend and make contact with the fly wheel that cranks the engine? I know laught I just want to ensure after working on putting back in my rebuilt steering box, headers and starter that it's in correct before I try to fire it up. Thanks for the help. :shruggy:

Back N Black

Yeah your good, that's the way it works. :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

The starter "pinion" gear MUST not stay engaged to the flywheel gear or it will wear out rapidly. The Starter is designed to engage, spin the engine until it begins to run, then pull back away from the flywheel.