News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 daytona clone on the bag

Started by charger_fan_4ever, April 03, 2012, 12:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Kanofsky

Seems like a good price, especially with the back window done, no?
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

nvrbdn

looks to me to be a good price, but to turn a real 69 500 into a clone? that doesnt seem right. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: nvrbdn on April 03, 2012, 12:21:49 PM
looks to me to be a good price, but to turn a real 69 500 into a clone? that doesnt seem right. :shruggy:

Crap i didn't even read the whole ad. Just saw the back plug and the price and it looked like a deal. a 500 to boot ?  :drool5:

Hm didn't see any pics of a tag or vin. Does not list the VIn # anywhere either. Says started out as a 69 charger 500 383  :shruggy:

Wouldn't you think someone with a wing clone would know that 500's were based of the RT so its 440/hemi only ?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on April 03, 2012, 12:35:21 PM

Crap i didn't even read the whole ad. Just saw the back plug and the price and it looked like a deal. a 500 to boot ?  :drool5:

Hm didn't see any pics of a tag or vin. Does not list the VIn # anywhere either. Says started out as a 69 charger 500 383  :shruggy:

Wouldn't you think someone with a wing clone would know that 500's were based of the RT so its 440/hemi only ?

Im guessing that someone got mixed up and it started as a 70 500 383. That car was on eBay a while ago too and had interior pics where the rear window wasnt factory or even finished out.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

held1823

the 500 story could be one that the original seller told the current seller, who proceeded to take it as gospel. judging by the body color tail panel, the guy might not be charger oriented enough to know any different.

it seems odd to spend the cash to do a plug, yet neglect the a-pillars

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

BigBlockSam

look at the back window closely . that's not a real 69 500 rear window . plus i may be wrong but it looks kinda high to me . plus wasn't this the car with the bad headliner in the back? they don't show any pics of that area . nice car , but that rear window would drive me crazy if i owned it.  :Twocents:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 03, 2012, 01:27:06 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on April 03, 2012, 12:35:21 PM

Im guessing that someone got mixed up and it started as a 70 500 383. That car was on eBay a while ago too and had interior pics where the rear window wasnt factory or even finished out.
i'm pretty sure when it was for sale just a couple months ago it said vega plug
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RTDaddy

I'd go along with it being a '70 500.  No V.I.N, no interior window pics, and no side markers.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

Indygenerallee

I figured it was a 70 500 because the side markers are shaved and I can't see anybody cloning a real 69 500 into a Daytona.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 03, 2012, 04:10:24 PM
I figured it was a 70 500 because the side markers are shaved and I can't see anybody cloning a real 69 500 into a Daytona.

There actually are a few that have been done that way over the years.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

I tried to get a good look at the taillights to see if they were 69 or 70 but my monitor wouldn't bring them up enough to tell.

richRTSE

same car from a few months ago....looks like the new owner tried to clean up a few things....engine compartment...removed the quad-tailpipes... he even added a 4-speed.... :scope:  the old ebay ad listed vin as XP29H9....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86734.0.html

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: RTDaddy on April 03, 2012, 03:24:54 PM
I'd go along with it being a '70 500.  No V.I.N, no interior window pics, and no side markers.

Thats what I was thinking too as likely, my guess is it is not a 69-500 in Daytona clothing......

hemigeno

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 03, 2012, 04:11:47 PM
Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 03, 2012, 04:10:24 PM

There actually are a few that have been done that way over the years.

:iagree:

BigBlockSam

isn't that a 68-69 steering column ?
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Dino

Geez, one big, long sentence in all caps, how fun that was to read....

The ps door is from a '68, seats are made to look like '69 but they're not.  Don't know about the column, I know the 70 has the ignition switch on the column but that's the only difference I am aware of.

Engine bay looks a bit weird without washer bottle or a/c
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

pettybird

it's MUCH improved since its last listing...

BigBlockSam

if it's the same one as the last add . there's a pic of the column in that add and there's no key slot  :shruggy:

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Daytona Guy

That is not a Vega plug. So my guess is it is a glass plug. Is that a glass wing too? I think it is a beautiful car. I love the stransition from fender to nose, clean as if it was built today.

For 40k that is a nice car. Darken the back tail panel, get rid of the cheap chrome under the hood, and you have a winner IMHO :)

Dane

Daytona Guy

I will put money on that that car is a 68. No back up lights, they filled in the 68 side lights on Q panel, the doors, and other things on the car give it away.  did a good job.

Dane

Bob T

Well, I'd be pretty happy with it for 40k
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Daytona Guy

If you have any good credit at all, put 5k down and get an unsecured loan for 35k for 10 years at 388.00 a month. You will not loose any money, and at any point in the future you can sell it and be out nothing. Yet you have an awesome car that hardly anyone else has all that time. People pay that for new cars that in 6 years are worth 1/2 its value.

If these cars are going for 40k I might be buying them instead of making them. I am building one right now and I will be out 30k+ when I am done and I am doing all the work myself. Nice base Chargers like this should be bringing 30 to 35K - so a nice clone is only worth 5K more? If this is the case the clone market will slow down - I have not made a wing in over a year (not complaining, I'm enjoying this :) - so I guess this makes sense.

Dane