News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake line routing from the master cylinder on a 70 Charger RT-SE

Started by FC7 V code, April 07, 2012, 09:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC7 V code

I will be hopeful and ask if anyone has photos or a diagram of the routing for the brake lines on a 1970RT-SE, it has disc brakes on the front and drum on the rear. The lines on this one come out of the right/passenger side of the master Cylinder. It has a five piece front line set-up and a two piece line running from the safety switch body to the rear of the car and it also has the metering valve assembly. Where I'm running into the most confusion is how or in what order the safety switch and metering block attach to the frame rail. I tore this apart a couple of months ago as I thought it would be a good time to easily replace the brake lines while I had the engine out for a re-build. Ordered up all the parts from Classic Industries and went to work on it yesterday. Five hours and a lot of cussing later it is coming together, just not sure if correctly  :brickwall: . Have a 70 service manual but it doesn't even show a good close up of how the lines are routed. I normally shoot a photo with my phone of anything that I will be doing, but in the meantime I've switched phones and apparently not all photos moved with my SIM card  ::) Can't get my old phone back as it was a warranty replacement and it is gone :flame:, Any help would be appreciated greatly. Sadly I don't have a second 70 Charger laying around to compare it to lol. I tried this over on the 70 Charger Registry message board but haven't had any response, thought there would probably be more traffic on here.
Chuck S.
1968 Chrysler 300
1969 Charger
1969 Charger RT/SE
1970 Charger RT/SE
1970 Cuda AAR
1970 Challenger SE
1970 Roadrunner
1982 Trans Am

ACUDANUT

GTX, He has these cars in his avatar. :

1968 Chrysler 300
1969 Charger RT/SE
1970 Charger RT/SE
1970 Cuda AAR
1982 Trans Am

ACUDANUT

FC7 V code

Thank you for posting up the photo gtx6970. Yours looks like my 69 RT, on my 70 there is one more item involved, its called a metering valve and it is connected to the safety switch with an approximate 6 inch long brake line. Then both the brake lines to right and left front wheels run out of the metering valve. I have found a large picture in a satellite service manual from 1970 that shows how the metering valve and safety switch are mounted to the frame rail and hopefully it is the same set up as the Charger. I appreciate you putting up the photo. My 69 has drum brakes all the way around and the 70 Charger is the A34 package with front discs, so maybe that is why it has the metering valve that the front lines run through.
1968 Chrysler 300
1969 Charger
1969 Charger RT/SE
1970 Charger RT/SE
1970 Cuda AAR
1970 Challenger SE
1970 Roadrunner
1982 Trans Am

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T