News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Climate controlling a garage

Started by y3chargerrt, April 15, 2012, 07:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

y3chargerrt

I am getting a new heat pump installed by a friend I grew up with. I have talked to him about running a supply and return into my garage. Now I know a supply into a garage is not code. I nose my Charger in and as soon as I fire it up I back it outside to warm up.I wont be storing anything toxic in my garage like paint or chemicals. He says he can put dampers in both lines so I could close them off. I know if I ever sell I can just disconnect the ducts and cap them off. My question is: Is this a stupid idea? I don't think I have to worry about gassing my family. I would have to get a thermal garage door to make this work better and that is in the future. I just want to remove some humity in the summer and add some heat in the winter. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks Ron

Todd Wilson

I'd just put a supply into the garage and not return any air.

Todd

y3chargerrt

I have talked about that with my ac buddy. He says I won't remove any humidity with out a return. He says just close down the return in the winter.

c00nhunterjoe

Just get a 2nd unit for the garage. Slaving off the house won't work. Tried it with my sun room. There just isn't enough insulation to offset the airflow. And your garage will be worse with a big bay door. It will still be hot in the summer and cold in the winter because your house will stay at temperature and the garage won't be able to hold nearly as long.