News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear mounted caliper hose question?

Started by blue69, August 01, 2005, 09:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue69

Can someone with rear mounted slider calipers post a picture of the hose setup. I have a set of 80 volare hoses but they hit the wheel at a slight turn when installed like this http://duster.moparpages.com/disk_swap.htm. I think my wheels have too much backspacing for that type of routing.

Charger_Fan

I'd look for a different brake hose if it were me.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Not enough info. What car? What disc brake setup do you have? What brake hose did you use?

I did the Mopar Action A-body spindle swap on my '68 Charger and ended up using new hoses meant for a 1980 St. Regis.

blue69

Its the 11.75" mopar action disc brake swap but with rear mounted 80 volare slider calipers on a 69 charger. The hoses are 80 volare hoses.   Bull I think I read you used pin type calipers. If so the hoses don't mount in the same location as slider calipers.

bull

I bought a pair of '73 Challenger calipers, rear mounted them and the spindle and then used the St. Regis hoses mentioned above. Your problem with your current hoses might be the hard collar below the banjo fitting, maybe?

Do they look like this? This hose is for a '79 Volarie. Notice the hard collar on the banjo end?

bull

Here's what you want. Notice there's no hard collar and the banjo head is smaller:

blue69

Mine don't have the hard collar and one side has a 90 degree bend. I re-routed them to look like this so they don't hit the tire. The St Regis hose is the same as the 73 charger hose other people have had good luck with. So that is probably the best way to go for a stock hose. But they are listed for $33 each at kragens so if I have to spend that much for another set of hoses I am probably better off paying more for a custom stainless hose.

bull

Try Napa. I think I paid about $32 for the pair.

blue69

Thanks Bull. By the way the clearance problem with the wheel vintique rims and 235/60/15 tires hitting the framerail at full lock is not a issue with 11.75" rotors. I think I have at least 1/2" to 1" of clearance now.

71charger_fan

I've got 77 Volare spindles and calipers and I used 73 Charger as the application when I ordered brake hoses.  Everything fit fine and I was able to use the factory hard points.

MTPOCKET

Here a pic for you

blue69

Thanks MTPOCKET that hose routing looks really great. I wish I would have gone with pin type calipers instead of the sliders. The hose location is in a better place. Anyways I just finished my hoses today by using universal stainless russell hoses and it looks routed similar but required more adapters.

71charger_fan

I just replaced my front hoses and calipers this past Saturday.   I'm using the F-Body (and 73-up B, as well as J, M, and R) spindles and the slider calipers.   I used the brake hoses Advance sold me as the proper replacements for a 73 Charger.   They're Allparts number H99069.   According to the package they cross reference to Wager F99069, Bendix 88611, and Raybestos BH36828.   I took pictures but my digital camera is such a POS they're all too dark and blurry to see anything.