News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

some progress on my Daytona clone

Started by pandamarie, January 12, 2012, 10:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

I have been working on my Daytona clone off and on during the holidays and here are some pics of where I am as of now. Found some hidden rust under the seam sealer in the trunk so we are making a recessed trunk floor for a fuel cell and the whole car will eventually get a belly pan and working on a rear diffuser just to be different.
The rear suspension and sub frame connectors are from Unlawful Racing, Just finished getting it welded in, now to take it apart for paint, The front suspension is Magnum force Racing, waiting on the Rack and pinion and wilwood disc brakes to finish it then its back off for paint.
Once the body is finished with clean up inside and out we have an 8 point cage to install from Chris Alston with removable door bars. So far I have spent most of my budget so the engine will be the old one which is a good driver but adding MPEFI to it and a new gear vendors OD behind the 727.
Will post some more when we get a little farther.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

ChgrSteve67

RallyeMike

Will be real interested to see the diffuser and belly pan  !
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

hotrod98

WOW! That's impressive. Can't wait to see this one completed.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pandamarie

Some updated pics. The Gearvendors is hooked up, the Magnum force front suspension and wilwood brakes on the front are done rear suspension is waiting for the primer to dry on the diff and Grandson is helping me put the nose together.  Right now we are trying to get it on the ground to get the doors on so we can set all the gaps before taking it back apart to get it all in primer.
Work is slow with all the breaks at the school and contractors getting in the way with all the upgrades to the shop.
Engine and trans are there for when we take it back apart to drop it in and get the exhaust run, 3" stainless steel tubing. and make sure there are no clearance problems with the OD and Unlawful racings drive line loop.

Daytona Guy

How much did the MF front suspention cost? Does that include everything, spindles, brakes, ready to bolt on? The overdrive unit, what did that cost?

What I don't understand is how those little coil overs are able to handle the weight of the car compared to leaf springs. I'm sure they got it figured out - but is just does not seem like it would. 

Dane

pandamarie

Some pics of the progress. Time for panel fit and setting gaps, next will be installing the roll cage, got a nice 8 point from Chris Alston Chassis works that will tie into the forward strut bars from Magnum Force Racing making it a 10 point cage.

Car is much stiffer with coil overs on all four corners, now is the time to set ride height and get measurement for new driveline since the GearVendors OD is in place.

TTI headers are on order and will be making our own 3" stainless exhaust only to be covered by the belly pan.