News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

door glass rear channel run

Started by MRCHARGER, August 26, 2011, 11:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRCHARGER

Anyone know where I can get the inner rear door glass run sweeps? The front of door glass to vent window are available (big $$$) I can't find the rear channel ones. Y1 has them for 68-70 b-body convertible, but they are different from the hardtop (learned that the hard way). Help!

I've tried R/T Specialties, Classic Industries, Mega, BEA, Year One, and Ebay

Brock Lee

Do you mean the "kitty whiskers"?

Rolling_Thunder

i think he means the felt like material that goes in the channel mounted in the door
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

MRCHARGER

You got it Thunder, the channel run in the door. After calling more places I decided to restore the originals with pieces from the new ones that wouldn't work. I got the glass in the door and it works great. It takes forever to get the glass just right and you have to do the 1/4 glass and then back to the door, then repeat.

I can't imagine that with all b-body hardtops having the same run (the door to 1/4 glass stainless with the fuzzy weather strip) there isn't somebody making them. But I remember when I started this restoration in 2006 there was a lot of things they didn't make but do now.

mccready3857

i found mine @ dantes mopar parts $130 plus shipping, everywhere else they were on national backorder.

bill440rt

AFAIK the felt that is in the rear run channel is not being reproduced.
If it is, I'd like to know where to get it, too!  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

freddyd02

Can you post a pic of what your talking about? Cuz im in the middle of restoring my windows on my 69 and i was able to get all the parts i needed except that white plastic clip stop (part number 2894599) .. I got my felt from http://www.restorationspecialties.com they have felt for the back part of the window run channel and the front part that slides up and down the vent window framing..

Chargen69

These people have everything...

http://www.soffseal.com/store/main.aspx

i just got a complete kit for my 69, I will see the car monday at the shop and see if those felts are really gonna match up, but they looked good from what i could tell.

terrible one

Quote from: Chargen69 on February 19, 2012, 12:42:28 AM
These people have everything...

http://www.soffseal.com/store/main.aspx

i just got a complete kit for my 69, I will see the car monday at the shop and see if those felts are really gonna match up, but they looked good from what i could tell.

Definitely let us know! Did you get the door weatherstripping too? I've seen a few people here talking about having problems with the new seals

Chargen69

Sorry i havent checked this thread...  yeah i got the weatherstripping too. the felts look like a great match.  when i get a chance I will take a pic of everything that came in the kit

b5blue