News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

YOM Plates for PA Classic/Antique vehicles

Started by PA Dodger, April 20, 2012, 07:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dodger

I got the announcement from SEMA that Pennsylvania just signed into law the use of YOM license plates for classic and antique vehicles. This is a great day for people like me that got stuck with the bu-fugly antique plate with ex-governor Ed Rendell's Grandmother's Model T in the center of the plate. :eek2:
About a month ago I saw the announcement that this was going to go into effect soon. I scored a mint plate from 1969 on Ebay for $10 last week. I gotta find one more plate for my other '69 and I'll be set. Get yours now before they become a hot commodity.    :2thumbs:

SEMA-supported legislation to provide vehicle owners the option of using vintage, original model-year license plates on antique and classic vehicles was signed into law by Governor Tom Corbett. Under the new law, an application fee of $75 would be charged to use year-of-manufacture plates. The law provides that vintage plates must have been issued by the state of Pennsylvania between the years 1906 and 1975, must be provided by the vehicle owner and legible from a reasonable distance. There is no obligation to pay the fee for model-year license plates. Antique vehicle owners may still apply for special antique, classic or collectible plates that bear the designation "antique vehicle."   
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

oldcarnut

For more consideration before you buy a tag that won't work,  you may want to check the DMV rules also.  In SC I had YOM's on all my cars 68,69, and 70.  They still had to approve the number/letter combo even though it was the same year as the vehicle.  Some combos may not be allowed due to the nature of the vehicle first used on ex: emergency.  Also the tag may have its twin already on another car if someone also has one of the set.  When I sold my 69, the DMV wanted me to turn in my tag as there was no provision established to let me keep it after all the effort I had made to find and buy it.  I reported it as lost. One day I may find it again  ;) If I was a shady character I could list and sell that tag to an unsuspecting buyer wanting one for his car or someone could have stolen it only for him to find out later when registering it that the tag was unusable. Best advice I can offer is before you spend money buying one, check with the DMV first to verify if the tag is usable  :Twocents:

billssuperbird