News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Going for a morning Cruise

Started by 440 Fanatic, April 22, 2012, 07:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Congrats on recovering your ride.

What did you have to do to repair it from the flood? How far did you have to tear it down?
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

tcs69rt

139 MPH in a 35 zone...impressive! Lol  :cheers:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

440 Fanatic

Quote from: JR on November 29, 2018, 01:27:29 PM
Congrats on recovering your ride.

What did you have to do to repair it from the flood? How far did you have to tear it down?

Immediately as I could,,which was about a month,,,   I drained the engine and trans, pulled the sparkplugs and pumped the water out of the cylinders.
Cleaned the fuel tank out and pulled the carb and cleaned it. Disconnected the headers from the exhaust system and let it drain. Power steering cap seemed to be more sealed than I thought,  no water evident. Also, checked the rear end and somehow, no water got in there either, which still baffles me.
Pulled the distributor cap, blew all the water out of the distributor. I'm running electronic Mopar ignition and electronic voltage regulator.

I refilled the engine and trans , ran it a few mins,  repeat and repeat until both fluids looked water free.

The only parts I've had to replace is the ignition switch as although run position worked, start position didn't. And the wiper motor did not survive.
The starter bendix/ratchet/one-way clutch,,,,what ever you want to call it is giving some trouble as it disengages after about 2 turns, but Simon fires up usually in about 1 crank rotation,  not so much a problem right now.
The only gauge that worked before the flood was the fuel gauge,,,now it works most of the time. No real loss there.

I did a shit load of mechanical work on this car before the flood, engine/trans/rear end/brakes/ ignition/ all steering and all suspension/...but no interior or body work, so that turned out to be a plus.

Can you post a vid here? and if so, is it as limited in size as the pics are?

orange383

This is such a cool car. Did you take any pics of it as the water receded?

nvrbdn

You can post your video to YouTube, then post the link here!!!!
:2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

440 Fanatic

Quote from: orange383 on December 03, 2018, 08:21:25 AM
This is such a cool car. Did you take any pics of it as the water receded?

Yes,  a few pics.   The flood started about 2:00 A.M. to about 4:00 A.M. on a Monday morning. These pics were taken on the following Thursday afternoon.
Also, there was a young lady that had moved into the cabin right across the drive from me the previous Thursday that had a brand new Charger she had owned for 3 months,, It was submerged as well. Still sickens me to look at these pics. Ironically ,  I had just installed new wipers the Sunday afternoon before the flood.

nvrbdn

Wow, you can see the water level dropping by the marks on the hood and sides. Glad she was saved!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House