News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Superbird rear plug triangles

Started by DAY CLONA, August 20, 2016, 11:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

Seeing that DodgeCharger.com really doesn't have a "new products section", I guess I'll post this here in the Aero section?

I now have reproduction 70 Superbird rear plug triangles, that are molded in fiberglass mat, molded off of excellent original pieces (originals are potmetal castings) they have steel backside studs molded in for attachment as original, I can also offer them without backside studs if you prefer to bond them on instead, the triangles can also be made available with the upper outer screw detail molded in, or available with mounting holes and screws as original, your choice

I like to thank DodgeCharger member hemi68charger, Troy Hawkes for loaning me his originals to make molds from

price: $150 pair shipping included to US48

Contact me here on DodgeCharger.com for ordering/information

Thank You
Mike

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

wingcarenvy

Mike, where can I buy some of your other products. I tried searching google but came up empty handed.

Hemi Runner

I'll get a check sent out for a set of these when I get back home.

Hemi Runner

I got these in the mail today. Very nice! Thanks Mike!

DAY CLONA

Good to hear they got there!

Thank You!
Mike

hemi68charger

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Hemi Runner

It looks like I have work to do on the relief. I'm guessing that these go right next to the window channel so they but up to the trim?

hemi68charger

Quote from: Hemi Runner on December 04, 2016, 01:10:00 PM
It looks like I have work to do on the relief. I'm guessing that these go right next to the window channel so they but up to the trim?

Doesn't look like the plug extents far enough aft to overlap the filler panel water gutter...
Troy

Hemi Runner

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 04, 2016, 02:38:17 PM

Doesn't look like the plug extents far enough aft to overlap the filler panel water gutter...
It doesn't, which in my case, isn't a big deal. I'll trim the plug to fit the dutchman where it turns into the gutter and make the seam along there. I had to wait until I got these triangles before I could mount the plug to make sure it's positioned properly. Am I correct in assuming the triangles go up next to the window channel like the bottom pic illustrates?

hemi68charger

Quote from: Hemi Runner on December 04, 2016, 03:05:23 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 04, 2016, 02:38:17 PM

It doesn't, which in my case, isn't a big deal. I'll trim the plug to fit the dutchman where it turns into the gutter and make the seam along there. I had to wait until I got these triangles before I could mount the plug to make sure it's positioned properly. Am I correct in assuming the triangles go up next to the window channel like the bottom pic illustrates?

Yes... Those triangle were molded from my originals... So, with Mike and those, they are dead on...
Troy

Hemi Runner

Thanks. They are very nice pieces for sure. Thanks for the pictures as well. I've saved a bunch of pictures of your car as reference photos.

rainbow4jd

Quote from: DAY CLONA on August 20, 2016, 11:35:03 PM
Seeing that DodgeCharger.com really doesn't have a "new products section", I guess I'll post this here in the Aero section?

I now have reproduction 70 Superbird rear plug triangles, that are molded in fiberglass mat, molded off of excellent original pieces (originals are potmetal castings) they have steel backside studs molded in for attachment as original, I can also offer them without backside studs if you prefer to bond them on instead, the triangles can also be made available with the upper outer screw detail molded in, or available with mounting holes and screws as original, your choice

I like to thank DodgeCharger member hemi68charger, Troy Hawkes for loaning me his originals to make molds from

price: $150 pair shipping included to US48

Contact me here on DodgeCharger.com for ordering/information

Thank You
Mike

THANKS MIKE - THAT'S AWESOME!   I think my old ones are still in pretty good shape - but I know on one of the birds i used to own - I was dreading having to hunt these down.   (sold it and let someone else hunt)