News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chin spoiler placement

Started by NHCharger, November 29, 2016, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

My clone has a fiberglass nose from the 80's that never had the spoiler attached. There are no marks or divots showing where is should be bolted on.
Any measurements would be appreciated. I did do a search on this site but came up empty.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

djcarguy

Some pics of your Tona an progress would bee great. Are you shotting for summer drives an enjoyment ??  :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

i have a bird nose for my project,its in my living room .no info on tona placement.   Best on ya build.DJ  :2thumbs:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: NHCharger on November 29, 2016, 08:25:50 PM
My clone has a fiberglass nose from the 80's that never had the spoiler attached. There are no marks or divots showing where is should be bolted on.
Any measurements would be appreciated. I did do a search on this site but came up empty.

measuring from the rear edge of the Tona's nosecone skin ( long RED LINE drawn, not the rear center flange, just the skin) here's the factory location of the 2 center spoiler holes and the furthest outer most mounting hole locations

Hope this helps, if you need more info just ask
Mike

DAY CLONA

The spoiler sits just in front of the lower cooling squares

odcics2

13" back from the leading edge. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

NHCharger

Awesome..
You guys rock  :2thumbs:

DJ- I'll post a few pics of the money pit over in the other thread.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Hemi Runner

Are the spoilers the same between the Daytonas and the Superbird? Where the originals aluminum and how thick were they?

hemi68charger

Quote from: Hemi Runner on December 05, 2016, 05:46:05 AM
Are the spoilers the same between the Daytonas and the Superbird? Where the originals aluminum and how thick were they?

1. Are the spoilers the same between the Daytonas and the Superbird?  YES
2. Where the originals aluminum? YES  ( to the best of my recollection and having some at home )
3. How thick were they?  no sure. I can measure mine if no one replies, but I believe the likes of Mike G and other will know...

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Winged_Car_Stuff/Nose_Spoilers.htm
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Hemi Runner

I've seen those advertised. Very reasonable prices. I'll be making one and it won't look anything like an original.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Hemi Runner on December 06, 2016, 07:20:24 AM
I've seen those advertised. Very reasonable prices. I'll be making one and it won't look anything like an original.

Just posted that to show that the spoilers are the same between Daytonas and Superbirds and they were made from aluminum.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Hemi Runner

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 06, 2016, 07:23:33 AM
Quote from: Hemi Runner on December 06, 2016, 07:20:24 AM

Just posted that to show that the spoilers are the same between Daytonas and Superbirds and they were made from aluminum.......
I appreciate the info for sure. It's always interesting to note the parts they shared and the parts that were different. thanks!