News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much $$ needed to make daytona clone

Started by Silver R/T, July 20, 2005, 12:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8WHEELER

Quote from: FastbackJon on July 20, 2005, 06:45:41 PM
Doesn't everyone have a '70 Daytona?

Nope, the guy that painted my Red Charger has a originaly Yellow 68 RT Charger now 69 Daytona Clone, he got a 69 & 70 parts cars to make it. He also did the rear plug correctly and the trunk lid as well. Looks very much like Daytona Guy's old red one he painted his 96 Viper Red white stripes.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

hotrod98

I've always wanted a wing car. As soon as my chal convert is back together, which should be soon, I will start gathering parts for the Daytona clone.
According to my wife, we're going red, but haven't decided on the wing color. We like both white and black. Difficult choice. I have a fresh 440-6, but will probably rob the hemi out of my wife's convert and replace it with the 440-6.
I just missed out on buying the "Romeo from big go" Superbird a couple of weeks ago. Found it in a collection near Hot Springs, Arkansas earlier this year. He had promised it to another guy, but wasn't sure if that guy would come up with the money...he did.
That car has been missing for years. It's the red, white and blue car from Tennessee that was owned by a deejay at a radio station. Still had the original 6-pack motor. That's the second bird that I've missed out on. My life story. lol

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_500

Yeah I knew there was a 68 Charger 500. The prototype car. It has been photographed many times over the years, and in 2 different colors. leading many to think there was 2 different cars. The VIN of the car eludes me at the moment, but its somewhere in the 386 range of 68 cars. I tend to memorize more of the 69 VIN's than I do trying to remember the prototype car.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: 8WHEELER on July 20, 2005, 07:12:23 PM

Nope, the guy that painted my Red Charger has a originaly Yellow 68 RT Charger now 69 Daytona Clone, he got a 69 & 70 parts cars to make it. He also did the rear plug correctly and the trunk lid as well. Looks very much like Daytona Guy's old red one he painted his 96 Viper Red white stripes.

Dan

Have pics??? Post them. I love seeing the clones

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on July 20, 2005, 07:03:04 PM
The only documented picture of a '70 with a wing and nose is pictured below.

That picture is not a legitimate document. It was found some years later, I believe at Chrysler's photo department. For all we know it could have been an interns attempt at advertising - of an employees car at the Hamtrack's Assembly Plant. The simple fact is that no one knows. It is anyones guess. The truth is usually stranger than fiction.

mustanghater

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 20, 2005, 08:24:19 AM:image_294343:

I have a 69 R/T SE triple black non matching numbers car in very good condition to use for the conversion.

they only made about 35 triple black r/t s/e chargers in 69?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

tomonty

Oh yeah, them things are a dime a dozen. I see them everywhere :icon_smile_big:
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

hotrod98

I've owned two triple black 440 R/T SE cars in the last few years. The first one was matching numbers. I've never thought anything about them being rare. In the last few years, I've owned about 10 Chargers and half of them were R/T cars. Now I'm starting to realize that I probably should have kept a few. As for not using this R/T SE, that presents a problem since I bought it from a friend along with a nice 69 runner and 69 superbee and promised him that if he sold them to me that I would never resell them. He didn't need the money and didn't care if he ever sold them. Besides, he has a 69 six pack runner and another 69 Charger that he has promised to sell me later on when he gets tired of them. I don't want to mess up that kind of chance. The only way that I would start a Daytona project is with a rust free complete car. I've been restoring cars for years and I hate rust almost as much as I hate looking for parts. It's going to be awfully hard for someone to talk me out of using the triple black car. I figure I've got about 6 months to decide.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

djcarguy

Good info bout datona built cost,,page 1.   10.000$ plus if you use top cost parts ,plus $ for inter nose parts an lites?    :cheers: :2thumbs:

djcarguy